“I thought it was excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Hongshan New Century Business Hotel
No.38 Xinhua North Road, Urumqi 830002, China (Formerly 台北商务酒店)   |
Ranked #36 of 602 Hotels in Urumqi
Chicago, Illinois
“I thought it was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a bit confused by all the bad reviews because I absolutely loved this place! It was a great living in such a comfortable hotel after being in hostels all the time. Great location, extremely clean. I wasn't expecting much but man was I pleasantly surprised!

Keep in my mind I traveled here last June, so I'm not too sure if things changed a great deal. Still, my favorite hotel to live in while I was in Xinjiang.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
milly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Reception had a bad attitude in every thing that was completed. I had to place a very high bond, the highest for all the hotels that I stayed. I stood waiting at reception and nobody would even acknowledge me. Location is good. Rooms are adequate size, cleanliness was average. I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. Every night of my stay the phone rang at 10:30 PM asking if I needed a "MASSAGE". Suitable for solo travellers or businessmen but not for families. Restaurant was the darkest and food below average. My view from the window was the wall of anther room, very odd.

Room Tip: "Get a room with an outside view"
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is ok for a couple of nights, clean enough and in a good position (very close to the HongShan Pagoda and Mercure Hotel). Wifi internet available in each room. Reception staff does not speak any English. The value for money is good. We didn't try out breakfast but I noticed it only offered Chinese options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We did not like this hotel. The room was dirty, the breakfast was very poor and the restaurant totally dark. Only good thing is location. In general not worth the price. We will not return here next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The rooms were nice and we enjoyed our stay, but we were bothered daily by 'masseurs' phone calls to the room, employees who were clueless (even as two of us speak perfect mandarin), and were even lied to when we booked a trip outside the city. When we paid for the trip we were told everything was included, bus ride, tickets, everything. But when we arrived we were charged again for the privilege to ride the bus into the park. Luckily we had enough money with us, but just barely! Then we were charged again to go to the top of the mountain. Instead of paying that price, we just walked to the top.

• Stayed July 2013
napoli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

The weirdest part of the room I took is that it had no window: yes, just a fake window, overlooking a wall. Since I had to stay in the hotel just for two night, in both cases arriving at 11 pm and waking up at 6 am, this was not a serious issue; on the other hand, the window "weirdness" was instrumental to let me have access to a very low rate (less than 20 €/night for a 4-star hotel, very clean, with a spacious room, great bed and so on), for a hotel which is well in the center of Urumqi.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hongshan New Century Business Hotel? Share your experiences!