“Paulaner in Kempinski” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Hotel Chengdu

You added Kempinski Hotel Chengdu to your Saves list
Kempinski Hotel Chengdu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.42 4th Section of Renmin South Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu 610041, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #22 of 2,073 Hotels in Chengdu
Moscow, Russia
“Paulaner in Kempinski”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I`d like to write about Paulaner brewery located at the ground floor of Kempinski hotel. It`s an interesting place with a big copper boiler in the center and a bar around it. There`re also a lot of tables in the hall.

Firstly, it`s worth to visit it because of beer that is brewed here. Probably, it`s not that Paulaner which you can taste in Munich, but it`s also very nice.

Then, as this hotel is a part of world 5-star Kempinski chain, the service is very good.

There`re also some show programm on weekends and other significant days.

Even if you`re not staying in this hotel in Chengdu, you may be interested of visiting this hotel and it`s restaurant with its Paulaner beer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Boris_texnic,

Thank you for your contribution and review of our Paulaner Braeuhaus in the Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.

We keep as much as possible to our traditional standards. As you mentioned, the beer in every micro-brewery will be slightly different and therefore one-of-a-kind! Our Bavarian Brewmaster ensures that our beer quality is of the highest level and that the brewing process follows the Rheinheitsgebot of 1516. We offer everything from lagers to boks.

If you are looking for more, than turn to the menu with classic dishes such as pork knuckle and schntizel. Our live entertainment, delicious food and quality beer are sure to delight you on your next visit.

We will continue with our traditional standards and hope to please more guests such as yourself in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed at the Kempinski for one night while in Chengdu for business. The rooms are good - with comfortable beds, fast internet connection and clean bathroom. The breakfast buffet is good, with lots of Chinese and western choices. My rating is only 3 stars because the hotel felt a bit old/tired, there was no health club available (it is "under construction") and the value for the money was only average.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this review, December 26, 2010
Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing and staying with Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
We are always pursuing a delicated and attention to detail service to asure you a confortable stay from A-Z in the hotel.
Hotel has opened for 6 years, we are planing and under taking a hotel facility renew now this year and in the upcoming 2011.
I hope hotel could impress you with its new fresh look and feeling upon your next stay.
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

I've been to this hotel last year during my business trip in the Sichuan area.

I've just spent one night here.

The hotel looks great. Frankly speaking I cannot map this hotel, if it is close or far away to the center since I've not been to Chengdu but visited the shifang area.
The hotels has nice modern rooms with confortable and clean baths full of various amenities.

A good thing is that inside the hotel there is a Paulaner Brewery and for me after several days of Asian food eating a good sausage and a nice draft beer it was like being in heaven.

The hotel is about 15 minutes far away from the airport.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing and staying with Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
We are glad that our service and hotel made you a pleasant stay in Chengdu.
Our Paulaner Braeuhaus & Restuarant locates on 1F is populared by many expatriates in Chengdu who loves authentic German food and fresh brewery beer.
We are looking forward your next stay with us and your valuable comments.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed at the Kempinski last month and was very impressed. The hotel was clean, affordable, and cozy, just what I needed in Chengdu. I do have to say that the staff was the icing on the cake. I ate dinner at Kempinski many nights during my stay, and I was always greeted by a smiling, friendly staff in the dining area in particular. They made my dinners quite enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Evitashi, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, responded to this review, December 27, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing and staying in Kempinski Hotel Chengdu.
It is lovely to hear about your compliments. We are pround of our smiliing, friendly staff.
I will pass over your comments to our restaurant staff that it will be their drive to deliver more excellent service to every single guest .
Thank you again and with all the best
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Though this hotel is no way near the business center, it is easy to get a taxi to downtown. The hotel reception service is good, hotel room is big and looks clean. The breakfast buffet has variety and it also has a chinese restaurant.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I have been to Chengdu a few times on business and I think it is an ugly concrete monstrosity of a city. I therefore didn't hold out much hope for the Kempinski Hotel....but I was pleasantly surprised! I thought the rooms were very good for the price that I paid and I had no problems with the service.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — the room was very spacious
  • Disliked — the view from my window
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

After a week in Tibet and lacking accommodations, we were so pleased to stay at the Kempinski in Chengdu. It was like a breath of fresh air! Everything was clean, comfortable, and in working order! Bearing in mind that Chengdu is not like Shanghai or Beijing, it is a second tier city, but has a great sense of southern hospitality.

The staff were very friendly and helpful with a significantly above average level of English for China. Our room was wonderful, large bathroom, great amenities (the amenity kit included a small amount of laundry detergent for your use, I had never seen this before in any hotel) and a very comfortable bed.

They have a great variety of food and beverage outlets with an onsite Paulaner Micro-Brewery which opens daily from 4pm and a petit Kempi Deli, to satisfy your chocolate cravings, which we loved.

We were within walking distance to Shamrock, a very well known establishment that caters to foreigners, and to various shopping malls. We were also not far from the Panda Research Base, which was our main reason for visiting Chengdu.

The Kempinski is on the higher end if you are on a tight budget, but for us, it definitely worth it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Kempinski Hotel Chengdu? Share your experiences!