“Amazing new property - very spacious and comfortable rooms, great service and excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Raffles Chengdu

You added Ascott Raffles Chengdu to your Saves list
Ascott Raffles Chengdu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.3 Fourth Section of Renmin South Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu 610000, China   |
Ranked #14 of 2,059 Hotels in Chengdu
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. I was originally booked to stay in their studio apartment. However due to my late arrival, their studio apartments were fully occupied when I was checking in, so I got a free upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment. The friendly and efficient check in staff apologized for the wait, while they secured the upgraded room for me.

The 1 bedroom apartment was amazing. It was a corner apartment, and there was more space than I could use. The living area had floor to ceiling windows which looked out into the city, and there was so much free room I could probably hold a cocktail party inside!

There was a walk in closet opposite the bedroom, with very helpful sensor controlled lighting. The bedroom was very comfortable, my only gripe being the pillows not offering sufficient support. This problem was easily solved as I had 4 pillows to use. Lighting in the room was excellent, I was able to do my work with ease. The toilets had the standard high quality toiletries found in a 5 star hotel, and towels were generous in size and very fluffy.

Breakfast was on the top floor. The choices weren't particularly inspiring, although I appreciated the egg station and noodle station. Wait staff were friendly and proactive.

There is an indoor pool (which I did not use) and gym on the level below the breakfast restaurant. The gym is not the most well equipped gym around, but it had new equipment which was great to use.

Overall, this Ascott property in Chengdu represents excellent value. They have a very well run property in the middle of Chengdu, with very reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mervin H, General Manager at Ascott Raffles Chengdu, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Xavier T,

Greetings from the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu! Thank you for your feedback on your stay experience with us. It means a lot to me and my team, to have known that we had met and exceeded your service expectations.

We are absolutely thrilled that we managed to "wow" you with the large spaces we offer in all our rooms. This is indeed the key strength of a stay at the Ascott, as we offer large spaces that recreate the feeling of home; in order to meet the needs of every customer.

I note your constructive feedback on our breakfast buffet. While we are certainly not perfect, we are constantly seeking to improve. Since your stay with us, we have been progressively improving our breakfast spread; both in terms of variety as well as quality. At the Ascott, we firmly believe in health and wellness; and you will be glad to know that all our ingredients are fresh and wholesome (with minimal use of oil and seasoning). We believe in taking good care of our customers- in mind, heart and soul by nourishing you with a great start to the day.

Thank you for your feedback on our gym. Our gym is an exclusive collaboration between Adidas and the Ascott and is one of its' kind in Chengdu. While compact, we offer a wide range of innovative work out stations and top-of-the-range latest equipment. There is also a range of exciting fitness and yoga classes provided by our team of highly professional foreign instructors. Enjoy your workout while being treated to a panoramic view of the Chengdu city skyline! (as our fitness centre is perched on the 37th level).

Once more, thank you for your positive review Xavier T, and my team and i are looking forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" - only at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The location is the best thing about the Ascott in Chengdu. There is a huge shopping mall downstairs and also a metro station so it is easy to get around town.

The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was good. The staff recommended a nearby restaurant for us which was very nice. The room was huge, with a lounge and spacious kitchen. Although we only stayed for one day, this would be a great place for longer trips too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mervin H, General Manager at Ascott Raffles Chengdu, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for taking time off to provide your feedback on your stay experience with us. I am thrilled to learn of your positive experience this time round at the Ascott!

With a large range of F&B as well as lifestyle establishments within seconds of the residences in Raffles City Mall, staying at the Ascott offers guests a complete living experience that is both accessible and yet, vibrant and dynamic.

I am glad that you had enjoyed the spacious rooms that our property offers. With thoughtful features and amenities coupled with large living spaces that recreate the ambience of home, every stay experience is just like that of home. After all, home is where the heart is!

Once more, thank you Michael M for your review, me and my team are looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu really soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Being a frequent business traveller, I have stayed in many service apartments in the world. Ascott chengdu is definitely my favourite in city of Chengdu(not one of,chengdu have been one of my work destination for over five years). The location is superb for people who like shopping and dynamic night life.Design of the room made me feel just like home with all thoughful facilities.

One of the unique feeling to me is that the service and people are so warm and friendly.I met with the GM Melvin in the restaurant (38F,Splendid city view by the way)by chance, his management attitude and friendly manner made me feel like just talking to my brother.

I am always too busy to surf online,my experience made me feel I ought to write something down for this hotel,so that the others can benifit.

Dear Shelly T,

Greetings from the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu!

I am delighted to learn of your postive stay experience with us.

Our service philosphy of "home is the where the heart is" drives me and my team everyday, to re-create all the familiar touches of home within our luxurious residences. As with a home, guests will be welcomed and pampered by our gracious service staff with an impeccable service etiquette that delivers the same warmth and hospitality one is accustomed to when he/she returns home.

Perched at the pinnacle of the Ascott, is our signature French fine dining restaurant ("Altitude") as well as our Jazz Lounge Bar ("The Prive Club"). With a panoramic view of downtown Chengdu at one of the highest vantage point in the city, guests can literally wine/dine amidst the breathtaking backdrop of stars!

I am thrilled that you had a great night's out discovering the sights and sounds that living at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu offers, despite your busy business schedule! Me and my team look earnestly to welcoming you back to your home away from home really soon!

Mianyang, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Check-in: Very smooth. Entrance is very welcoming and beautifully decorated. Front Desk staff are very efficient, polite, and knowledgeable about not only the hotel, but also nearby restaurants and activities.

Room: Great design and layout. All appliances are top-notch. Washer/dryer is also available in the room, extremely useful after enjoying the swimming pool on the 37th floor. Also, I was able to sleep in complete dark and silence.

Breakfast: Busy because of the holiday, but did not notice any effect on the service. Food was good quality, and included some brunch items that you might not expect at a normal breakfast. Good coffee.

Gym/Pool: I was able to visit the gym and pool after breakfast, and at that time, was the only person using either. Have a partitioned area for free weights, and also an area for cardio and conditioning with step ladder, etc. Swimming pool is a lap pool. Very comfortable environment inside the pool room, with comfortable sofas and heated floors :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mervin H, General Manager at Ascott Raffles Chengdu, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear HalCole3,

Thank you for the postive review after your stay with us during the Chinese New Year festive period! I am glad that we had met and exceeded your expectations, with our product and service offerings.

You will be glad to know that the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu offers several unique offerings not found in most other hotels / serviced residences in the city, namely:

1) An exclusive collaboration with Adidas for our Gym
- Enjoy specially customized Adidas training programs (on selected days) conjured by our stable of professional fitness experts.
- Choose from a myriad of fitness programs, e.g. CrossFit, Boxercise, MetaboFIT (an innovative cardio workout), Zumba, Yoga (Hatha/Ashtanga), all led by our foreign fitness experts.

2) The only live all-foreign Jazz Band in Chengdu
- Performing live on Fridays and the Weekend in our in-house jazz bar lounge (" THE PRIVE CLUB"), the band boasts an all-foreign lineup.
- Intimate ambience, perched at the pinnacle of the city (38th Floor).

3) Acclaimed French Pâtisserie
- One of the most popular confections amongst the Expat community in Chengdu has set up its flagship base in Ascott Raffles City Chengdu's Lobby level.
- Enjoy a wide range of handmade confections, cakes, sweets with top grade freshly brewed Coffee in a quaint setting.

4) Highest dining point in Chengdu, perched on the pinnacle of our property
- Dine amidst the stars in our in-house French diner "Altitude".
- Helmed by an executive sous chef with over 22 years of French culinary experience.
- Affordable epicurean delights, that is guaranteed to wow the palate

With the renowned Raffles City Mall just located seconds away from the property, and being seamlessly connected to all transport networks, the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu offers endless possibilities for a stylish and highly customizable stay to meet your own lifestyle preferences!

We look to welcoming you back once more, HalCole3, and to wow you further with our wide range of lifestyle activities here at the Ascott!

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Brought my parents to Ascott's new property in Chengdu.

We tried stay in 2-bedroom suite before its soft open, several of the facilities were not available yet. Even though, the room is more than our expectation - Super big with outstanding equipments. Also unlike many other hotels, the room is not fully occupied by furniture, instead, more space is open to guests.

It hides inside the Raffles complex, although its logo is easy to find, the hotel entrance is actually behind the building - you have to turn into a small path to find it, this was quite annoying. However, as soon as you stepped inside, all of your angers melt away.

We spent a quite wonderful night in Ascott Raffles Chengdu.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear DaDaNiu,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay with us! I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

One of the key advantages of choosing the Ascott as your choice of accomodation is that we strongly believe in providing our guests with large, interpretative spaces to allow flexibility in choice of living during their stay. From spacious open kitchens, to an expansive bedroom with all the necessary luxe fittings, you will be spoilt for space in our units.

I am sorry to learn that you had faced some difficulty in locating our property, please accept my sincere apologies. The Ascott Raffles City Chengdu property is located within the Raffles City Chengdu integrated complex and is easily accessible by transport or by foot via the following means:

Train Station - Directly connected to the property via sheltered walkway within the Raffles City Chengdu complex

Cars/Taxis - Directly accessible to the property's front porch via a seperate, exclusive entrance away from the crowds

Foot - The property is seamlessly connected to the Raffles City Mall at all levels. Guests can enter the property through the various entrances that are inter-connected to the mall.

I do believe that your next visit with us will be much more convenient and fuss-free.

Once more, we are glad to have made your stay such a fruitful and joyous one. On behalf of the team at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu, i look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us soon!

Chengdu, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had a single night at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu. The place is brand new and the facilities are very modern. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed (bed was particularly comfortable). I was upgraded to a one bedroom executive room on arrival which was great. All of the staff were extremely polite and helpful. The location is also great, the Raffles centre in Chengdu has many resturants and a good supermarket and is right on the subway line which is very convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ashley P,

Greetings from the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu! I am glad that you and your family had thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are delighted that our product and service offerings had met and exceeded your expectations.

As your review had correctly pointed out, one of the greatest advantages of staying at the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu is that we are seamlessly connected to the Raffles City Chengdu mall. Access to a myriad of lifestyle offerings such as - one of Chengdu's most extensive supermarket, a wide range of culinary delights, as well as shopping/entertainment (IMAX cinema) are but seconds away from your residence!

Located minutes away from many of Chengdu's finest tourist destinations, guests will be delighted to find that ease of accessibility is a key attraction, when they choose to stay at the Ascott!

Once more, thank you once more Ashley P for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Ascott Raffles City Chengdu really soon!

Mervin

Been to Ascott Raffles Chengdu? Share your experiences!