“It's a long walk to the top!” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$167*
and up
Qingcheng Mountain and Dujiangyan Irrigation...
Ranked #2 of 183 Attractions in Chengdu
Type: Religious Sites, Mountains, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: A natural scenic area and a holy mountain of Taoism.
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“It's a long walk to the top!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My friend and I walked to the top temple. The paths are in good repair, it is popular with the locals too. It was all very pretty with multiple temples on the way to the top.

We supplemented our trip with a ride on the gondola. Unfortunately, the pollution did hinder the view from the top.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
7 attraction reviews
“Connect with nature”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great views & fresh air. The restaurant peddlars at the foot of the mountain were too aggressive for our liking.

Visited October 2013
Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
82 attraction reviews
“It's a good climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and I walked up the front side of the mountain one day and the back side the next. This was a lot in one weekend even though we are both in pretty good shape. The front side is steep in many places and has a number of temples along the way. The back side goes along a stream with nice, small waterfalls. Then it, too, becomes a steep climb. I had read that the back side is less crowded, but I think it has been discovered by folks in Chengdu who go for a day trip from the city on the weekend, as it was as crowded or more than the front. The paths are good most of the time but are dirt steps in some places. If you have extra time and like mountains, this is a good, convenient one. Visibility from the top was low when I was there, but I've heard that it can be good. There are also cable cars on both the front and back sides that can eliminate the need to walk both ways.

Visited July 2013
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
8 attraction reviews
“Kinda good place for light hiking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Cable car experience was the best and smoggy or misty weather made us limited panorama view and sightseeing. You can easily hike up on stairs. Near to cable car station, there were small lake and I've bitten by thousands of small flies on my legs, it isn't cured now almost 2 weeks later.

Visited September 2013
Middleton, WI
19 attraction reviews
“Most beautiful place on the planet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ok, I've lived in Hawaii and this hike beat anything I've done there. The trick is to go to the back mountain and take the gentle hike down the mountain gorge over bridges and pass numerous -- and I mean numerous -- waterfalls. The highlight of my trip to China!

Visited August 2013