“Great Taste, Good Space, Mike's Pizza Kitchen is The Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Late Night Food, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Late Night Food, Delivery, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Taste, Good Space, Mike's Pizza Kitchen is The Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'll begin by saying this, it was really great tasting pizza and that's not all!
I knew it had to be something special when I walked passed it a previous day and could smell the authentic pizza aroma! When I was ready to taste it, I returned to this conveniently located spot just a short walk off the Line 1 subway stop "Tongzilin".
I ordered the 9 inch Goldilocks and a Beerlao. The beer came out with a side dish of seasoned bread and dipping sauce(picture #1). *Tasty
When they brought out Goldilocks it looked amazing, as I was a hungry bear(picture #2). *And the pizza was delicious
*The place is clean and comfortable.
*There is more goodness to this story but I don't want to spoil it for you!
This was my first experience and will be one of many for when I crave a piece of that pizza pie. I will be bringing friends and family when I go back for round 2. Thanks Mike and his Wife, and as well their great working staff!

-Paul R.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
“Thank God for Mike's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I spent seventeen weeks in Chengdu and I don't know what I would have done without them. I am not a big fan of Chinese food. I pretty much had everything on the menu and never had a complaint. They delivered to my hotel about three miles away. Food was always hot and the beer was ice cold.

• Visited July 2013
Republic, Washington
“A bit spendy like all foreigner food, but good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you're Jonesin for some Western food like pizza, then you'll be happy that you found Mike's. We enjoyed (not in Chengdu anymore) being able to get deliveries just like home. You can get a local beer with your pizza as well as a salad and bread sticks, all done with Mike's American panache. His place is small, no-nonsense, but the pizza is worthwhile. We didn't see the so-called 'show' when we ate there, but we went for the pizza. Definitely worth checking out if you're in Chengdu and need a pizza hit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Outstanding pizza! Hard to find; but worth the time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Sure this place is small and hard to find, the first time, but you will want to come back again or have them deliver to your hotel.

I have been in the city for 9 weeks and wish I would have found this place weeks ago! My business partner and I took the 1.5 hour trip by taxi and Metro from the Northeast side of the city to have their pizza and have been back 2 more times.

Yes, it is small and has only 4-5 tables but that makes it even better. Share a table with someone and have a good time and meet some new friends too.

Mike and his wife are friendly people who make outstanding pizza. They also serve cold beer and can help recommend other places in the area to visit. Everyone there speaks English.

Good variety to choose from and reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2013
Chengdu, China
“Best Pizza, as everyone says”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Best pizza in Chengdu, not that there is much competition. Cool owners, a bit of a Pizza Nazi feel, which makes me enjoy it more. Only one complaint, its only 4 tables, "hole in the wall" doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Visited September 2013