“An Excellent 6 Night Stay! Great Custoner Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Chengdu

You added Fraser Suites Chengdu to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Chengdu
4.5 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.111 Zhihui Street, Jinjiang District, Chengdu 610000, China   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 2,059 Hotels in Chengdu
Manila, Philippines
“An Excellent 6 Night Stay! Great Custoner Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We would highly recommend the Fraser Suites Chengdu particularly to the picky and discerning traveler who wants good value. While other hotels may offer potential savings for discounted rooms, one may end up spending more in additional costs or in lost time. We figured outstanding concierge service and the facility to cook some meals in house would save us in the long run. Carrefour is just across the street and there are many mini marts nearby.

For us the Fraser suites Chengdu was a splurge which was well worth it. On a previous trip to China, we stayed in a 3 star hotel but the concierge services was so inadequate that I ended up getting a personal tour guide which cost me a min of 8 dollars per hour. We stayed 6 nights and were delighted with the accommodations, clean and well kept.

At the Fraser Suites, we experienced outstanding guest service. The concierge Joey was extremely helpful in answering our questions (and we had many, ranging from food concerns to local souvenir concerns). If one has been to China, one knows that customer service can be unpredictable, mainly due to the language barrier.

Joey was like having a personal butler, a local guide and personal consultant all at once (from recommending places to visit and go shopping, to the type of transportation to take, to reconfirming our bookings, and printing our tickets, and arranging a cooking lesson in our suite with the hotel's chef, …..all as part of the service they provide) This was simply outstanding customer service!

This is over and above a very clean and spacious room with had complete with all the amenities. As if we really had a good base from which all our other activities could start or emanate from. The 6 night was truly pleasurable. We truly felt at home. We were able to maximize our trip, do what we came for, and over and above, get a good taste of the city. The location is perfect, and as I mentioned before, the concierge was able to arrange our eats and visits to other local sights including the Giant Panda Breeding Research Center.

There were many pluses - the reliability of an international chain, credit card payments, and internet bookings went all ok. We even had a cooking lesson in our kitchen - Sichuan Kung Pao pork (enjoyable and very well prepared), a late night airport pickup, use of the pool and gym. etc.

Once again, a stay at the Fraser Suites Chengdu is highly recommended.

Mark and Joyce Sandoval

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear MarkRafaelSandoval,

We were thrilled to read your wonderful comments about Fraser Suites Chengdu and most importantly, about the services you experienced here with our staff. As the saying goes, "people make the difference" and here at Fraser Suites Chengdu, we are so blessed to have wonderful staff who are sensitive to our guests needs both at the front and heart of house. We have passed on your praise to Joey our Concierge, he is really a gem. We hope your wife had an excellent experience with the cooking lessons and that you are enjoying your Sichuan Kung Pao Pork back home. Once again, thank you for making Fraser Suites Chengdu your home for the 6 days and we look forward to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Danny Lingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We traveled to chengdu on the way to India.

The service was absolutely excellent, something we have consistently experienced in China. The suites were very well appointed, and my 10 yr old son, who likes his luxury, loved the place. It was a 1 bed apartment, with a well appointed kitchen, which was very helpful since we had a six month old baby.
The hotel had shuttles to various important city landmarks.

We also enjoyed the use of the excellent swimming pool and sauna.

All in all, a delightful experience.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear vishalbhaskaran,

Thank you so much for your delightful comments. We are especially glad that your son enjoyed his stay as well. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is located in a nice part of the city, within walking distance to the Tianfu square. Top notch designer shops are nearby. Taxi takes about 45 RMB from the airport, but you need to have the directions in Chinese, otherwise drivers won't understand you. I emailed the hotel in advance and they kindly sent me a printable map of the hotel in Chinese.

My check-in experience was flawless, staff have a very good command of English. They helped me find a particular shopping item too. My room was big enough, I think even US customers would find it spacious. It had a lot of nice amenities and sleep quality was very good. Breakfast was satisfactory. There is a massage room but it only consists of 6 or 8 massage chairs, no staff for that. So, if you want a human massage experience, you might wanna walk to massage services (I recommend services by "blindman") which reside west to the Tianfu square.

On the other hand, I had a severe problem in the first night. Smoke came out of nowhere and filled up the ceiling. It was not smoke of a tobacco product but I guess a neighbor was cooking and its smoke reached my room. I first thought it would be temporary but after I tried to eliminate it by opening windows, turning on a/c and oven vacuum, I figured it was unhealthy to stay. I called the room service and two guys rushed in two minutes. They said they would call the engineer and he will solve the problem. The engineer did not show up and after ten minutes, I called the room service again and asked them to change my room. Again, one lady and one guy quickly came with a card to another room. Yes, I faced with an unpleasant situation but they solved it quick enough.

I recommend this hotel to other TripAdvisor travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear blckeagle,

We appreciate your wonderful comments and have passed on your praise to our staff at front desk. We regret that your room experience was not as expected the first night and also thankful that we have managed resolve the situation in a timely manner so as not to affect your entire stay experience. Thank you so much for your patience and kind understanding. We have since rectified the issue and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our family of 6 stay in a 2 bedroom unit for 6 nights at the end of June. We liked contemporary deco and top of the line fixtures. It was much more spacious than 2 hotel rooms. No charge for my 6 & 8 year olds' stay and breakfast. 24 hours swimming pool and sauna room were a plus. Free garage parking too. A little disapointed that there was no whirl pool(a dipping pool only) in sauna room though. Thanks to all friendly staffs, we really enjoyed the stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear kevinzhikangchen,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to have given your family a wonderful experience here at Fraser Suites Chengdu. All Frasers around the world are kid's friendly with kids's playroom equipped with a gaming modules as well. We apologise for not having a whirlpool in the sauna but have taken note of your comment. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Absolutely loved Fraser Suites! This is a 5 * plus serviced apartment. Luxury everywhere, except the bill. The place opened officially in november 2011, (the grand opening flags were still hanging in the posts in the street). Better than a hotel, you can do your own laundry, or heat or cook your meals if not in "restaurant mode".
Carrefour and plenty of eateries, cafés and a huge mall is just cross the street. Every room is HUGE, luxuriously appointed, staff is great (in China, this is a big issue!). One day I asked for the post office info, and the receptionist helped calling a "courier service", which show up in 3 minutes, and in just 1 more minute my package was dispatched. Saved me at least 2 hours of my valuable finding and queing in a post office.
Our room was a 2 bed 2 bath, the beds were so good! (China beds are usually hard), AC works great. Bathrooms are all marble. great showers, 2 sinks in master bath. Kitchen is complete with all the appliances, (the appliances manual are all in a folder). Cutlery, and everything you may need for cooking a complicated meal.
Warning: The Chinese name of Fraser Suites is 仁恒辉盛阁国际公寓. No taxi driver seems to know it, and the front door is on a less known alley, just tell your taxi driver to take you to Jingxin Rd and Da Ye Lu, (Both are well known avenues). Fraser Suites is just 10 meters from that corner.
This is truly a world class property with fantastic fares! I guess the rates are so good because they are brand new, take advantage of that, it will not last long...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Victoria Y,

We really enjoyed reading your review and laughed when you said "restaurant mode" never looked at it that way. You are right to mention that it is difficult to get taxis to the location. We have since placed our Chinese name on top of the building as well and it has helped. Over time, most taxi drivers now know of Fraser Suites Chengdu, and are able to bring our guests home right at the doorsteps. Once again, thank you for your wonderful, enjoyable and insightful comments. We hope to welcome you home again soon.

Cordoba, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just returned from a 30 day trip in China. Fraser Suites Chengdu has been, by far, the best hotel experience of the whole trip.
Booked 3 nights throught their website, got better rates than Agoda and Booking.com.
We had our Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu flight (Hainan Airlines) scheduled to depart at 5 pm. Delayed with no further explanations until 5 hours later, our flight was finally cancelled. The whole plane´s passengers were taken to the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life, carried our luggage 4 floors climbing stairs (no elevators, no heating, freezeng cold). I sat on a filthy bed, and called Fraser Suites telling them I was not going to show up and use the hotel that night. The receptionist told me that my reservation rate did not allow "no show" cancelations, which is perfectly reasonable, and asked if I wanted to keep the rest of my reservation, (I did want to). 3 minutes later, my mobile phone rang, it was her again, she said I just spoke to the manager, and told him your case, and our manager just cancelled your reservation for today (!!!), but if you do not show up tomorrow, he will not be able to help you.
I was so touched that almost cried!!! It is not just the money... I was still shocked within an awful situation, and such nice behavior changed my mood, it was heartwarming.
Next day negotiated a taxi, and finally got to Chengdu.
The apartment is HUGE, brand new, every detail is impeccable, everyone is eager to please,
we stayed in a 2-2, 36th floor. The kitchen was amazing! (check my photos), fantastic beds, hube marble bathrooms with "rain" showers... everythings exceeded our expectations.
Breakfast very good and healthly, lots of fresh fruits and steamed veggies (instead of stir-fried), ample choice of western and chinese delicacies.
Fraser Suites Chengdu, you are the best of China!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Yiyi,

We are so happy that we made your day. Flight delays can be a bummer and more so in a foreign country. Spending 30 days in China must have been an eye-opener. I am sure your found it both amazingly beautiful and wonderfully exciting. Should your travels do take you to this part of the world again, we do hope you stop by at Fraser Suites Chengdu.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

my first trip to Chengdu, and my first stay in a Fraser. it won't be my last. perfect balance of what a first-rate business hotel should be along with luxury touches found only in much more expensive hotels. staff was impeccible. Danny Lingham, manager, helped us with booking trips to Chengdu sights and attractions, was present at every meal we ate in the hotel, was highly visible in the lobby. we got extra special help from Eric, the operations mgr, and Kevin, who booked taxis and assisted us with mountains of luggage. i don't give 5 star ratings, and look at my scoresheet. bed was perfect, room layout couldn't have been better, the entire place was spotless. i'll use a Fraser every time i can.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Thomas S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. You certainly made our day. My team and I are so happy that we have given you a positive experience here at Fraser Suites Chengdu. We do look forward to your return trip soon.

Danny Lingham

Been to Fraser Suites Chengdu? Share your experiences!