“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Qingdao Blue Horizon Hotel(Lichang)

You added Qingdao Blue Horizon Hotel(Lichang) to your Saves list
Qingdao Blue Horizon Hotel(Lichang)
No.86 Jingkou Road, Lichang District, Qingdao 266100, China   |
Ranked #112 of 1,362 Hotels in Qingdao
4.0 of 5 stars 51 Reviews
Dresden, Deutschland
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were travelling with 1,5 yo so we wanted to have good hotel. This one is ok, unfortunately not for young families. They offer breakfast, althougt we did not get any advice. For luck next to the hotel is starbacks. The room was smelling of cigarrets, even i was ordering non-smoking room. They are having good localization and nice window view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Business trip, not the first time to Qingtao.

Good:

Not far away from airport , by taxi within 40 mins.
Room size was large, clean & comfort.
Buffet breakfast average to good.
Service : good & helpful.
Big shopping centre, KFC , Mcdonald & Starbucks near the hotel.
Price : reasonable.
Internet speed - OK
Free fruit (an apple & a peach) was send to my room at night.

Not very good : (I hate to use bad unless I real unacceptable)

TV channel, most of the channel were China channels, just a few international channels. My ipad had more fun.
Hotel location was quite far away from hotel to downtown. Take taxi around 30 to 40 mins & cost US$10.

I had read the other comments, the safe & fridge were inside my room. Also the mini bar had offered the free instant coffee packs & tea bags.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Penang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

this hotel was chosen by our tour agency. it is a 5 star rated hotel according to China standard. nobody greeted us when we walked in. not-so-good first impression of service. the room was clean. no unpleasant odour. however, the safe was missing, the fridge was also gone. the empty space left by the fridge was used as mini rubbish dump area!!! we did not like this. the bathroom was huge and adequate of toiletries. the water pressure was good. water was hot when you needed it. the bed was comfortable. we had two good nite sleep. tv channels were also wide. choice of food at breakfast was quite good. besides the salty croissant, other bread was good. atmosphere at breakfast hall was unlike usual hustle-and-bustle type in most restaurants in china. food at chinese restaurant was just so-so. avoid seawater fish if possible. we were served with already turned bad fish. try to avoid seawater fish when in China.the house keeping lady did her job with great commitment and sincerity. she wrote on a card welcoming us and thanking us for choosing Blue Horizon. she called up the front desk upon our check out when she found a package even though left at the rubbish bin. 10 minutes away , you can do shopping. there was also night market selling variety of stuff. ICBC bank is just 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you check the place vacated because of removal of fridge. it could become the rubbish dump...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I normally stay at the double tree Hilton when in Qingdao. Unfortunately they were full so had to try something new.

The room was quite a bit smaller than at doubletree. It was clean but the fridge had been removed....??? There was no room safe (so had to lock valuables in my case) and the spa was only for men....!! Bang went my massage!!

The food mainly catered for Asian tastes and after the first nights buffet, I didn't bother with dinner the next night. Wifi did not work in the room so had to sit with my iPad in the lobby for much of the night to catch up with business. The staff were pleasant enough I guess but most could not speak English so makes everything more difficult for the foreign traveller. Went out for most of the day and my room had not been serviced. When I called the front desk, they said I had put on the do not disturb switch in the room how was I to know what the switch said in Chinese ????
It is a basic 4 star hotel the bed was on the hard side but comfortable enough.
Best to give this one a miss if you are not a local visitor

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Qingdao Blue Horizon Hotel(Lichang)? Share your experiences!