I stayed at the Le Meridian Qingdao for a one night business trip, during March 2012. I usually stay at the Shangri-La or Intercontental Hotels, as I've never had a problem with either. However, the Shangri-La is in parts a little dated, the food at the Intercontinental is poor, so I decided to try Le Meridian. I'm quite picky, but I can honestly say that the check in experience was one of the smoothest, (and certainly the quickest) that I've experienced in China. The staff were very pleasant, eager to help, and genuinely friendly. In fact, I travel extensively in China, and I often feel that the welcome at certain hotels is very cool and uncaring. This was the exact opposite, and very welcome too, as I was particularly tired after a long day. The room itself was great, and a little different to most you come across in terms of room design. I particularly likes the bright red lacquered cabinet that housed the mini-bar, and which sat beneath the television. It somehow enlivened the room. The furniture in general was a sort of pear-wood shade, and so the room was very lovely and bright during the daytime. I slept very well and the linens and bed comfort were top notch. Everything worked well, the room lighting was good, and in the daytime, the floor to ceiling window was nice. I sat and worked on a day bed by the window the following morning, although there was a proper desk. It was easy to connect to the hotels wifi, and the speed was adequate. My only criticism of the room is that it felt a lot hotter than the AC reading of 22C, and cooling just didn't work- I guess, as its still considered winter in China, the aircon only heats, and doesn't yet cool. Breakfast was great, a vast choice, good coffee, very good service, and I was even asked if the food quality was up to expectations. It was, and I left happy. Didn't have a chance to use any of the other facilities in the hotel, as this really was a flying visit. Check out was swift. I did find it odd, that I managed to walk across a huge lobby, and outside without one of the staff asking if I needed help with my luggage. I didn't, but it's nice to be asked. My only real gripe is that Le Meridian have obviously opted for a uniform that consists of an open necked shirt for men, and no tie. At times it made for a game of 'spot the staff'. I'd far rather see a uniform that immediately allows you to identify the hotel employees. Otherwise, near perfect.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Qingdao Hotel Qingdao
- Le Meridien Qingdao Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegantly designed 348 guest rooms include 317 rooms and 31 suites. These spacious rooms feature the latest technology complemented by floor-to-ceiling windows and inspiring modern décor seen in the clean lines and vivid, colourful accents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Qingdao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.