“Unbelievably great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1,362 Hotels in Qingdao
Irmo, South Carolina
“Unbelievably great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first visit (business trip) and my colleagues had hyped this hotel before my arrival. I paid little attention to my friends prior to arrival assuming that the service would be "OK". Boy, was I surprised. From the moment our car pulled up to the door, I was greeted by friendly smiling faces and helping hands. Practically before I was out of the car my luggage was on a dolly and being wheeled into the hotel. I was on a business call when I arrived, blue tooth sticking out of my ear and I was afraid I'd be unable to multi task but, no worries. I was taken by the arm by another smiling Hotel Professional, as I continued my call, and gently but firmly guided to the elevator and the 11th floor for a very personalized VIP check in. I was provided a cool beverage as my luggage was brought to the reception desk and parked next to me. A very comfortable chair was provided and, as I was wrapping up my business call, I was able to multi task a bit and hand my hostess my passport and AMEX card. When I finished my call, my hostess and the GM were greeting me by name and welcoming me to their hotel; in perfect English. My check in was complete almost instantly. I felt like I had been promoted to CEO status and was getting the royal red carpet treatment. A quick elevator ride to my floor and my luggage and another hotel professional were awaiting me at my room door. Wow. I could say more, but my fingers are getting cramped. Best welcome service I've ever received. Oh, and the hotel rooms and common areas is modern, immaculately clean, and convenient too. Thanks to Cici, Asia and the rest of the staff for a great experience!!

Room Tip: My 9th floor room was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, and thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and taking time to write comments online.

Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of every thing, it is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is known that a great hotel always endeavors to improve its service, and with this in mind we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will spend every effort to create the Great Hotel Guest Love.

Thank you and we look forward welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is very suitable for business purposes. Staff is very kind. Once in Qingdao I recommend it. The price is very reasonable. Breakfast is good and you can find continental or chinese food. Gym is small but enough for working out. Rooms might be smoking ones so it is important to make it clear if you want a non-smoking one

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a non-smoking room if that is your wish
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview and thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to filling the on-line guest questionnaire.
I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of everything, it is often reassuring to hear it directly from our guests. We know that a great hotel always endeavors to improve its service, and with this in mind we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back. With best regards.
Hualien, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been staying at the Qingdao Parkview Holiday Inn for over 5 years, by choice.
We come to Qingdao often on business and need a really first class hotel where we can relax, eat well, and simply not worry about a thing after a hard day. The holiday Inn Parkview provides just that.
Not far from the airport, and previously managed by Roger Meir, now by Sam the hotel runs excellently, the staff are helpful and very polite, and will put themselves to great lengths to help.
The rooms are clean, airy, fresh-smelling and unusually in China, the Non-Smoking places and rooms are really non-smoking.
The restaurants are excellent, the specialist Chefs care and provide a huge spectrum of dishes that can bridge every culture and taste.
With its first class amenities and excellent REAL 5-star ambience, I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive level room, and enjoy the quiet, but very well catered executive lounge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Mr. James, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to filling the on-line guest questionnaire.
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lobby was welcoming, and they are so kind specially wearing white uniform.
When i check in a hotel, they gave me some tea. i was tired but when i drink that tea my tires gone. And hotel room was clean, comfortable, nice food, and service was good. they are so kind.
When i come to Qingdao again, i will must stay this hotel.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lobby was welcoming, as were the staff. Hotel room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, even being the closest room to the elevators; I was surprised to not hear any elevator sounds. Breakfast was great - many choices in the buffet, with some items made to order, and it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, and I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to write comments online.

We know that a great hotel always endeavors to improve its service, and with this in mind we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will spend every effort to create the Great Hotel Guest Love.

melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very varied experiences at the Holiday Inn, first night in Qingdao we stayed for business, and the service was 2nd to none. Very helpful, the room - you couldn't ask for nicer, comfortable bed, pillows of choice, beautiful bathroom with all the convenient toiletries you need. Great breakfast in the morning and so relaxing after a full on day of business....had a desk and a lounge chair also, great views of Qingdao, normally would not hesitate in giving 5 star... especially that the wifi worked so fast which was a relief...however....
We went to another part of China and booked Holiday Inn again for our return a night later.... very average. After ordering a king room, got a double single room, non smoking - got a smoking room, and after walking into the freezing room which the window had been left open and inside was less then 5 degrees....took forever to heat up... the bathroom was nothing like the first nights room so after asking at the desk to change rooms (especially non smoking) she seemed troubled or bothered to check and said there was nothing else available...was frustrating as the room did stink of cigarettes, and was MORE expensive then the first room..especially seeing that the wifi didn't work at all in the room..i had to sit in the lobby on skype (not fun) The staff on the concierge desk were extremely helpful and helped setting up in the business centre which was nice, but really not at all what i expected after the first nights stay here. I really struggle to give a real rating as if you asked me from the first night, i would easily say 5 stars across the board....however my second experience was bad, Terrible let down and would only have given it a 2...so 3 1/2 is what i'd say to be fair.
On another note our flight was delayed from Qingdao to Hong Kong so they set us up at the Mecure just near the Qingdao airport for several hours.... Room was really lovely, all the nice trimmings you would expect, the restaurant (chinese banquet) was good, however the bed is extremely firm - was actually a shock at how hard the mattress was, so if you are looking for a hotel with a firm mattress would highly recommend this one.... didn't feel right to rate it as only stayed there on a layover and didn't actually stay over night.

Room Tip: make sure you ask and confirm after booking if you want non smoking room and what bed configuration...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thanks for your choice of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your stay in Qingdao!

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced during your second stay due to high occupancy, otherwise that should not be the excuse, we need to take it seriously to make sure we are worthy of the ranking and good words from our guests whenever during peak and slow seasons.

I hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview and that you will afford us an opportunity of welcoming you back.

I would be very happy to make your further reservation personally. My e-mail address is sam.gao@ihg.com.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. With best Regards.
Corning, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anybody that has the opportunity to vsit Qnigdao, business or pleasure. Mine stay was a business trip and the staff at the Parkview, from the Manager to the Doorman, made you feel like they really appricated your business and couldn't have been more accomodating. I especialy would like to thank Steven, Lemon, Aisa, Cory and the Executive Lounge staff for making my frist experience visting China such a wonderful one. I hope my companysends me back soon. Great Stay, Great Hotel, Great Staff! What else could ask for?

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at the Parkview.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I’m very proud of the staff of our staff and thank you for your positive comment which will definitely motivate them to do extra mile in future.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview? Share your experiences!