“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wu Sheng Guan Holiday Resort

Save Saved
You added Wu Sheng Guan Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Wu Sheng Guan Holiday Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   No.3 Wuchang Road, Shinan District, Qingdao 266071, China   |
Ranked #39 of 1,252 hotels in Qingdao
Laixi, China
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from Monday 26 November to Thursday 29 November 2012. While I was visiting friends. I booked this hotel in Qingdao as I wanted to catch up with friends. I arrived at the hotel at around 4pm the receptionist was very helpful and polite, check in was smooth very little English but she said if I spoke slowly she would try to understand I spoke slowly and she understood me. Then she gave my room card to the Porter who very kindly and politely showed me up to my room. Room very good and spacious, and very clean there was a bowl of Fresh Fruit and two cakes and two packs of biscuits on the side. Mini bar had good choice fridge wasn't plugged in but that didn't bother me. On Tuesday I went down to reception to ask about getting to the airport on Thursday (my flight was at 7.50am) I spoke slowly and once again the receptionsit didn't seem to have a problem understanding me, The receptionist very kindly arranged for a taxi to take me to the airport (The Hotel Shuttle doesn't run that time in the morning) She then arranged for an early morning call for me.
When I went back up to my room I found they had put another bowl of fresh fruit and more cakes and biscuits in there which I found out were complimentary and were very welcome. Housekeeping staff were always very polite and helpful.
Bed was very comfortable, due to visiting friends in different areas of China I stayed in 3 hotel in 5 days I found this hotel the most comfortable.
Hotel location is very close to the beach which is handy. My early morning call came promptly at 4.20am and the taxi was already waiting for me when I got down to reception to check out.The service I received from all hotel staff was very good and I would definitley stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed one night at Wu Sheng Guan Holiday Hotel in June of 2012 and we were very pleased with our choice. Hotel staffs were friendly and helpful. We had a two-bed room, very spacious and clean. Bathroom size is also good. Our room has view of city and some part of beach, which only takes about 8-minute walk to get there. Beds are firm and comfortable, bedding sheets are cleaning. The amenities provided in the room were: nightstand clock, shampoo set, tooth brush set, slippers, shower cap, comb and hair dryer; electric kettle and tea bags, free bottle of water as well as a small fridge. There is free (wired) Internet access in the room and free Wifi in the lobby.

The buffet breakfast is included in the price. There were a wide variety of food choices and they tasted delicious. We also had dinner in the first floor restaurant, where the breakfast is served in the morning. Food tasted good but it was a bit of pricey.

This hotel is in a good location; it is very close to top Qingdao’s attractions, such as Number One Bathing Beach, Badaguan Scenic Area and Zhan Bridge just to name few. There is a bicycle rental service in the hotel; I saw many bicycles in the lobby. Many buses stop in front of hotel that certainly made traveling very easy if you can read Chinese. Nevertheless, hotel has taxi-calling service; we paid about 18CNY for go to the railway station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Location close to the sand beach only 5min walk away and you can take a swim like the locals; room ok not as comfourtable beds like in marriott but good enough to find your sleep; breakfast also good enough choice to find your pick; all in all if you want save money and still live in a good value hotel that s a good choice to do so

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend recently and were really pleased with our choice. The hotel is in a good location to be able to walk to most tourist sites, but a cab was needed to travel the short distance to the CBD or Beer Street.

The hotel is smaller than it looks in the pictures, in particular the gym which was tiny with only 2-3 pieces of equipment. However it was very nicely decorated. We didn't have time to try out the bar or the restaurant, but both looked really nice.

We stayed in a standard room with two single beds which was really comfortable and had a fantastic sea view. The room was a little dated, but had everything you would need, including a sofa to relax on. We were also given free fruit every day. Mini bar wasn't very well stocked or plugged in so our Tsingtao beer was warm ;)

I believe the superior rooms are far more modern.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. My only complaint was noise created by fellow guests late at night - but not the hotel's fault.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Qingdao. Much friendlier on the wallet than the many hotel chains in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying for 5 nights whilst attending a conference in Qingdao. I chose this hotel as it was cheaper than the hotel that was hosting the conference. To my surprise and pleasure it was far nicer than the conference hotel (where many other delegates were staying) and those of us who had chosen "The Wush" were envied by everyone else! The reason for this was that the air-conditioning worked perfectly (not so at the other hotel), the non-smoking rooms were exactly that (no residual smoke smell wafting in from corridors) and the rooms were large and clean and well appointed. The buffet breakfast was delicious each morning and the bowl of fruit that appeared every day in the room was a bonus. The staff were all helpful and attentive. I would definately reccommend this hotel over other on the other side of the park!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Wu Sheng Guan Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!