“Bad and expensive western food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Jing Shi Road 19288, Lu Shang Plaza B Tower 204 | across from the old staudium, Jinan, China
0531 66699900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 850 Restaurants in Jinan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: phone 0531-66699900
Pechino
“Bad and expensive western food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I ve been here last week with 3 Chinese friends. There is a photo of western chef everywhere in the restaurant but we didn t see him... We order salad (it was ok) pizza with beef( the acidity of tomato sauce was horrible) lasagna( better not describe the taste) mâchéroni with mushroom( over cook pasta and bad taste...is the chef know de cecco pasta? Maybe no...) and dulcis in fundo...if you order 4 large beer, they don t have enough glasses...anyway better don t talk about the price!! Pizza Hut is better( l hate Pizza Hut). I very
Disappoint to see this fake Italian restaurant around china because l m Italian and our food is part of our culture! Please don t call this restaurant Italian ...it has also French name!!

Fuerteventura
“Nothing special – service could have been a lot better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were taken to Bon Appetite by Chinese hosts as they very kindly thought that we may appreciate ‘western’ food for a change.
The atmosphere was fine and the service by the waitresses was attentive. The service of the food was however rather shambolic with my pizza arriving over 30 minutes after my wife’s. One of our party also had to wait half an hour more than their partner for an identical plate of Spaghetti Bolognese. Worst of all one of our party had to wait more than an hour after the first main course arrived for an ungarnished plate of salmon.
What about the food? The salad was OK but it came smothered in a mayonnaise type dressing. We should have been left to put on our own dressing. The pizza base was nice, the taste of the Pizza was OK with authentic cheese, however the range of pizzas was quite unimaginative. They were also not particularly cheap. I did not have the nerve to order a steak as they seemed to be very expensive at over 300 Yuan.
There was a range of imported beers on the beer menu, however when I tried to order a couple of them they were apparently out of stock. No one drew my attention to the draught Paulaner until I discovered it much later in the evening when we all had to have another drink as we waited for the lost salmon.
I would not rush back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jinan, China
“Possibly the best western restaurant in Jinan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

An exceptionally good restaurant!

The restaurant is located on the second floor of the newly established Inzone shopping center. It offers a very friendly and nicely furnished interior and also has a balcony for outside dining. Also there seems to be a "smoking on the balcony only" policy in place (but I'm not sure about that), however I was really delighted to enjoy my delicious food in clean air. Similar to most western restaurants nowadays, the kitchen is integrated into the one-room dining room, so you can watch the cooks scurry around the giant oven.

To say it right away: The price level is comparable to a good western restaurant, so it's very expensive for Chinese standards. I paid around 600 RMB for two people (including drinks, etc.). But I noticed that there are special deals on the menu who allow for discounts of up to 20%.

The menu itself is somewhat limited in range (compared to Italian restaurants in Germany for example) but I really have to say that the food they offer is exceptional and absolutely the very best that I've eaten in Jinan until now! After inquiring I was told that most of the ingredients (like cheese, fungi, etc.) are imported from Italy and the meat comes directly from Australia. And if you really like a very good steak then you definitely have to have a try, because I think this is the best on their menu.

Some slippages do occur, for example at that price level I would have expected the staff to have poured in my German beer (they have several brands available), but I can live with that.

But what absolutely catched me was the very friendly atmosphere! The western chef really goes to great length to make you comfortable and his wife even helped out with translating between me and my chinese guests at some point.

So in a nutshell: If you want to eat a real good western steak or italian food in Jinan and are willing to pay normal western prices for it, then this a great place to go!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
china
“The best food in Jinan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We are so thankful Bon Appetite is here! Their service is great, and their food is wonderful! They are more expensive than most of the other western restaurants in town, but it's worth it! The atmosphere is lovely - clean and quite! We usually get a pizza (about 140 kuai for large) and their grilled chicken flat bread sandwich (about 80 kuai). We've yet to try their steaks, but they look wonderful!

Visited October 2012
Northbrook, Illinois
“Nothing but the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nothing but the best seems to be the philosophy at Bon Appetit. They import cheese, flour, wine and more from Italy. The food is made from scratch and tastes like you're in Rome.

I've been there four times and each time was wonderful. The service is attentive and genuinely hospitable. The decor is chic.

Steaks and wine are pricey, but that's due to the duties.

Some of the best Italian food I've ever had any where in the world, including Italy.

• Visited October 2012