“Awsome staff and hospitatlity culture: Very Enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Jinan Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Long'ao North Road, Jinan 250098, China   |
Ranked #3 of 980 Hotels in Jinan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awsome staff and hospitatlity culture: Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have traveled to China 50+ times and this is now my favorite hotel. I tested many parts of this hotel with my 24 hour stay and they met every challenge with flying colors. My room was large, bed was excellent, and room was hot(not sure why all China hotels think people want to walk into a hot hotel room-Ugh!). Massage in Spa was excellent with large new massage rooms, shower, toilet (they clearly need to better advertise their Spa-it was empty). Good Ceasar salad room service. Breakfast buffet was great with many good western and healthy selections-omlette was cooked in 3 min. While at breakfast i mentioned i would be having several people coming to meet me at 9AM to discuss business. They graciously offered the executive lounge because it would quiet and served us water, tea, coffee throughout the 4 hour meeting-awsome! Very impressive culture of hospitality to their guests and you could detect a positive team spirit between employees to work at meeting my requests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
zhu m, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jinan Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for your comments on Sheraton Jinan Hotel. We are glad you had a good time with us and like our hotel. We will continue the culture of hospitality to our guests and create comfortable experience for all of them. Welcome back to Sheraton Jina Hotel and life is better when shared.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, sad to see a brand new hotel deteriorating.

---
The good

Rooms are big, great layout, and modern design,
Bathroom is big, separate shower and bathtub, and toilet in separate cubicle.
---
And now to the problems:

Room was not too clean; I found human hair here and there.

Temperature was hot, since air condition was set for winter, although it was not cold.
Housekeeping service was not great; I am still waiting for the ‘sewing kit’ although I called them twice for it.
Less choice of tea and coffee, no instant coffee just grind coffee with a straining glass (not a coffee machine).

Shower door does not close, causing water spill in the room.
Internet requires re-login even a few times a day, simply every time you switch on a computer.
Handle in bathtub get loose from the wall if you try to support your weight on it, (which is also dangerous).

For some reason their internet blocks VOIP (Voice over the internet). They tried to overcome it, but their IT manager was hardly an amateur.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments. All the probelms you mentioned will drive our highly attention to recheck our property facilities and service. We will make the improvement regarding your suggestion as soon as possble. Welcome back to Sheraton Jinan Hotel and sincerely appreciation for your kindly suggestion.
Pulaski, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I love this hotel, it is one of my favorites out of all of our travels. The room are in tip-top shape, the staff is over the top friendly, and the breakfast is wonderful. As always, our expectations were once again met on this stay. My only complaint is that the A/C was not working in our room.....it was not fixed during our stay, even after I reported it to the hotel staff. I believe that the lack of attention to the matter by the staff can be attributed to my inability to convey the problem properly. My husband and I agree that the beds in this hotel sleep better than the beds in any other hotel!!!!!!!

Regardless, this hotel remains one of my favorites; in fact I will be booking another stay at this hotel for our next trip in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor have a better view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
zhu m, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jinan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Appreciate your comments to Sheraton Jinan Hotel. I feel sorry about the air condition you mentioned above. And I have inform my associates to follow up this issue. And thanks very much for your feedback.
The Sheraton sweet sleeper bed is one of our signature service. The special design ensure your sound dream. We are very glad it make you a great accomodation.
Sincerely welcome back Sheraton Jinan Hotel and stay with us!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stopped writing reviews at TripAdvisor for a long time as I felt there as nothing in it for me and when I write good comments about any hotel the prices go up! However, this Sheraton in Jinan was really a good hotel and I cannot help writing this review to let the world know that because of this Sherton, Jinan is a better place to visit.

We stopped at this hotel on our long drive from Shanghai to China in July 2013. After a long day of driving and seeing all the dirty trucks and rude drivers, we found this impeccably maintained, almost brand new, giant hotel in front of us. Around the hotel there are a lot of new but empty constructions. All the street names were named after the Olympic Games. The hotel staff was professional, dedicated and fast. We had dinner in the Chinese restaurant on the second floor and found the food exceptionally good, and the breakfast the next morining was wonderful as well. It was almost hard to believe that a world class Sheraton was located in the middle of a city like Jinan. I would love to visit Jinan again, just so that I can stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your comments on Sheraton Jinan Hotel, especially, after you have stopped writing comments for such long time. We are glad to make your trip easy with our warm service. We hope the quality service you had experienced here will make you a better image for the Sheraton worldwide. Sincerely welcome you back to Sheraton Jinan hotel again and create a memberable time together!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed here four or five times now and the service, friendliness and level of comfort is excellent each time. Even when we've had problems with early/late arrivals or changes of business plans they go out of their way to accommodate. Fantastic for business travel, though as noted, this is Not the centre of town, so a driver/taxi essential - but such a nice place to come home to and enjoy a lovely deep bath and huge comfy bed after a hectic day of meetings.
Secret tip: the second floor Chinese restaurant has really delicious fresh-out-of-the-oven custard tarts, and sensational Liulian su (baked durian cake) and you can buy them without having to do the whole banquet thing. Delicious!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
zhu m, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jinan Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for your choice and loyalty of Sheraton Jinan Hotel. We are very appriciate your postive feedback about our service and it would be very helpful for our service quality improvement. For your secret tips about our outlet, we are glad to offer you the Dim Sum set menu including all the delicacy as you mention in your comments. Sincerely welcome to Sheraton Jinan Hotel again.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise to find such good standards in 2nd tier city of Jinan. The hotel room is modern and well maintained. Food is surprisingly good quality, and I enjoyed both breakfast and room service meals. Had dinner at the Japanese restaurant and found the sashimi to be quite fresh.

Kudos to the staff!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your choice of Sheraton Jinan Hotel and share your expereience with us. Our Miyabi Japanese restaurant prepare the fresh and tasty food for our clients. I hope you had a good time there. You are sincerely welcome to come back to our hotel in the furture.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

After nearly 30 hours of travel I was greeted by the comfort and high quality of the Sheraton in Jinan, Shandong province. This is a true 5 star hotel, large comfortable rooms, excellent hotel lounge with many choices in the breakfast and dinner buffet. If in the area I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
zhu m, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jinan Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for your choice of Sheraton Jinan Hotel. We are sincerely to offer hight quality service to make sure your journey comfortable with us. Welcome back to Sheraton Jinan Hotel again and spend your nice time with us.

Been to Sheraton Jinan Hotel? Share your experiences!