“It's a good start for a recently opened hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang

You added Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.115 Qingnian Avenue, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110016, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Indulgence Package
Ranked #1 of 1,030 Hotels in Shenyang
Shanghai, China
“It's a good start for a recently opened hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As all new openings it's true that there's room to improve! However my feeling was that all the more senior staff was aware about this and tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I was very well welcomed at the check in and took really 5 min to have the room key. The room was specious, perfectly clean, and still "smelling new", although no night service appeared to refresh the room and change the towels. I also dined at the Chinese restaurant and also there the service has been proper and punctual, even though the all restaurnat had only few tables with guests. The morning after a very nice lady helped me to check out and book a taxi to the train station in only 5 min wait. I have been in other hotels in Shenyang, but I have to admit that even with the weaknesses of a newly open spot, Shangri La is the best choice so far in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Shenyang's Shangri-La just opened, and the service was friendly, urban, and very attentive amidst amazing marble and chandeliers, and comfortable rooms with a view of the park. New, but professional, and the team is making every effort to be sophisticated and approachable.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a park view.
Shenyang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed for business trip in Shenyang and tried a new Hotel. But it looks it's just too new.
Rooms are great nice view to the park on the other side of the road and the television tower, clean and friendly room service.
Sport-Center ok, but the business floor / executive floor still not opened. Lobby bar, good live. Music, not too loud so you can still have a talk with each other.
Disappointing was the second evening in the Buffet-Restaurent, closed at 9:00, but already shortly after 20:00 all dishes cold nothing new coming. The fresh made noodles and the sushi perfect, but all the others no go, cold chicken, cold Indian dishes ...... The big Italian Parmegiano tastes like its there since the opened, hard and oily. Next time we better go to the shopping mall on the other side of the road. Nearly 300 RMB is still much too much for this quality, there it also won't help that the front desk offered us a 10% discount for the food when we checked out.
We could say there is not enough guest at the moment because the Hotel is very new, so we will try again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SLSH, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Red Chinese,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us your valuable comments. It is always our goal at the Shangri-La hotel, Shenyang to provide sincere and heart-felt service to all our guests.

The concerns you mentioned have been well noted and brought to the attention of the relevant managers for their guidance to their teams. I do thank you again for your comments and I would welcome any future communications with you. I can be contacted at your convenience at gary.biondo@shangri-la.com .

Please trust our commitment to deliver excellent and caring service to our valued guest like you. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The team at this hotel is extremely junior and cannot resolve any issue. During my check in, it took them an hour to make sure the availability of the room and to arrange my room. By the time I got to my room, the key did not work. During which a staff kindly offered to help. However, when she received a call on her cell phone, she got distracted and started talking about her vacation. During all this, I was still standing outside with all my luggage at 10 pm at night in the hall way. Finally I went back downstairs to ask the front desk to remake the key. All so that the next day the key would malfunction again and I'd have to run back to get a new key again.

One of the service leaders called my room to apologize and offer me a bottle a wine. While a nice gesture, but if you were truly sorry you should say it in person and if You wanted to offer a nice gesture you just do it, not ask for permission. This is just ridiculous.

During check out, one of my friends waited 15 minutes for one of the staff to print the receipt. good ing she double checked the amount because he printed the receipt for "$1"!

This was a nightmare stay at the hotel in terms of service. Super disappointed as it was a Shangri la. Definitely changed my opinion on this hotel chain.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SLSH, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Cchao1,

I thank you for staying with us at Shangri-La Hotel, Shenyang, and I am sorry to hear of your staying experiences. I share the same feelings with you. The concerns you mentioned have been well noted and the relative division managers have taken actions to retrain our colleagues. At the same time, I do appreciate your honest and valuable comments. I would be very happy to communicate further with you, so please feel free to contact me at gary.biondo@shangri-la.com. Please trust our commitment to deliver excellent and caring service to all our guest and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is just a few weeks old and everything including the staff was great. Vey helpful and curtious. I have to mention a member from Conciarge (his name is RAIN)...he was extremely help and showed me around the various dining outlets. Spoke good English.
Cafe Liao had a very good spread of food like all other Shang's...and the price per head amounted to 290RMB for the dinner buffet. It was an International style type buffet with 'Tong Bei' food as well.
Service was excellent. Although some waiters did not speak good english, they made an apology for not being able to speak good english and ensured someone who spoke english attended to me asap.
Next will be the Summer Palace Restrauant...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang? Share your experiences!