“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wanda Vista Shenyang

Save Saved
You added Wanda Vista Shenyang to your Saves list
Wanda Vista Shenyang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17-5 Yingpan West Street, Dongling District, Shenyang 110180, China   |
Ranked #5 of 1,025 Hotels in Shenyang
Sydney, Australia
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Beautiful design, and convenience location near the airport, but nor far from the CBD. Front office staff are very nice and can speak acceptable english, and also willing to help and offer the info as what I am interesting. Memorable staying experiences and reasonal pricing compare with other international brands.

Room Tip: Night view of rooms facing to Aoti are very charming
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Barnet-Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

It was my first experience of the Wanda Vista chain. You can clearly see that this chain is going places and in a few years may become a worldwide recognised chain ( they plan to open an hotel in London and NY).
The hotel lays half way between the airport and the centre of town so ( about 15 minutes from either), if you chose this hotel and plan an evening stroll in the city centre forget it but if you are looking for an hotel with a Western fell to it and with possibly the biggest rooms in Shenyang then you are in the right place.
I was welcome on arrival in the impressively huge entrance hall ( I do not understand why they put on the corner in the entrance a made up bed, I have never seen this in a top hotel as it looks ridiculous, if you want to sell the beds/sheets or else advertise in the rooms ) by the trainee manager, a very likeable young Dutchman.
I was given a very comfortable large room with a very nice bathroom with separate shower, the bed very comfortable and the room temperature easy to work out.

The same evening I "lost" my lip cream behind the large and heavy cabinet under the television so I decided to move this cabinet. To my horror there was a very large amount of building debris (cut wires/nails/screws building dust and so forth). I had a peek at my colleague room and it was just the same so I deducted that the whole hotel must be like this.
I reported the matter the following morning to the same gentleman who welcomed me and in the evening all was cleaned up with a promise to eventually do the whole hotel.

The first evening myself and my Chinese colleague we had a buffet dinner. This was excellent value as it included also drinks but the quality of food varied quite a bit. The sushi/sashimi was top class, the hot buffet of supposedly crispy pork and duck was so rubbery that I had to leave it behind. Service was attentive and maybe too fast as my glass was removed twice when empty although I still had beer in the bottle. Overall ok but not brilliant.
By the way I asked the waiter if I could have a coffee and the reply was that the machine makes coffees only during the day not in the evening, I though this was rather odd answer.

Breakfast was once again ok, with Chinese and western food. Quality absolutely fine. Just one note was that when one of the juices run out the person in charge of that area made no attempt to get new bottles.

The same day I had a business lunch in the Chinese restaurant which I thought was excellent.
We were the only guests but through our lunch all sort of workmen, cleaners and employees were walking past, something that should not really happen in a nice restaurant.

I did have a peek at the gym which looked very well equipped then I used the swimming pool instead. The room temperature was too cold and the water also not warm enough but nonetheless a very nice area where to relax.
I have asked to supply "through away" flip flops (I do not like to use reused once although possibly disinfected) and also a spinning machine and a plastic bag where to put your costume when wet as it is not nice having to put a wet costume in the suitcase.

I was shown the cigar bar which is opening any day now (in December) and I must say it looked a lovely place to have a relaxing drink with friends or informal business meeting. Very well designed, very welcoming.

The bar at the side of the lobby also very nice and elegant place to have a drink

Overall I had a very good impression of this hotel. It is a little bit like seeing a young mare with the huge potential of becoming a winning racehorse. Not quite there but not long to go.

Room Tip: I do not think this hotel has bad rooms. The views are not great from any side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nanning, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I’ve stayed in several Wanda’s over the past year, all have been high quality and Shenyang is no exception
It feels International, The staff are professional and friendly, breakfast is what you would expect in a Westin or similar, A modern Gym with good equipment and indoor heated lap pool, when in Shenyang I will stay here

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel two weeks ago while travelling through China on business.Although it has a local brand the Manager is European and it show. Its a great product with service to match. Nothing else in Shenyang to compare to.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but dont miss out on the Gym and Spa area. It makes you feel as if you are on vac...
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is first time staying at Wanda Vista and it was a memorable experience. The moment I walked into my room, I feel like a VIP, the room concept is elegant, well-furnished and spacious. Had my breakfast at all day dining cafe, serves quality and delicious food. The best part of my stay would be the service by the staff there. From the moment I check in till I check out, I was so impressed by their "extra care" services. Beautiful hotel I will definitely come back on my future trip along with my friends and family.

Stayed October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Decided to try another hotel in this new and upcoming hotel brand and was not dissapointed.

I loved the design of both the lobby and the rooms. The Dragon pillars behind reception are awe-inspiring. And the rooms are modern, and clean. The super king bed was comfortable and the shower hot with good pressure.

Don't miss having a meal in their Japanese restaurant, sashimi and the miso soup is a must, as well as their slow roasted pork with turnip dish. Still dreaming about it.

The breakfast buffet has good variety and the staff are efficient with coffee service. I ordered off the a la carte menu for dinner and had the beef, lamb and chicken slider dish, which again was very good.

Staff spoke very good English and were very welcoming and eager to please. Will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the highway as it gives a spectacular view at night.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Amazing facilities, very good service, club reign has the best bar in town. Staff very friendly and don't miss their chicken lasagne and shenyang dumpling from in-room dining menu. Wonderful in room amenities. Simply loved this place and sure will visit again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Wanda Vista Shenyang? Share your experiences!