“An Oldie But Goodie” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.208 Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 1,025 Hotels in Shenyang
Greenville, South Carolina
“An Oldie But Goodie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Old hotel with the best location. Great Service. Poor Airconditioning/lots of noise and pollution when you have to open the windows to get some cool air; they turn the Air off/down at night to save electricity at the expense of the guests' comfort . Food is good but Dining Room service is not always the best. Free Internet. Excellent value. Many of the staff speak English. Not a real 5 Star Hotel... We lived there for 3 years as long-term guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
li x, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much for staying and taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan.
Could you please be kind to assist us by contacting me at lynch.cao@ihg.com or call me at 024-23341999. We look forward to hearing back from you. Any comments from you are really appreciated all the time, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I did not stay here but played tennis. Staff was very helpful to arrange a playing coach. The cost was 300
rmb for 1 hour. The lobby smells so great I almost did not go anywhwere else. How do they achieve that? I would have been able to use the pool too but sadly it was closed for cleaning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
li x, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan !
Thank you very much for coming hotel, and taking time to provide us the valuable comments. Dear Heartbeat Member, as part of our hotel standards, our swimming pool need to close for periodic cleaning. In Heartbeat Club , offers fully equipped gym with a wide range of exercise facilities, We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to Heartbeat Club.

Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

So, after checking into another hotel and finding it to be not what was advertised, I made a quick online reservation and found myself here - the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan. I saw online that the rooms were all priced the same - whether you wanted a small room or a full on suite with two bathrooms, a livingroom, and bedroom. I thought, "Why not, it's all the same price!" and checked in.

I was initially brought to the wrong room, which the hotel promptly corrected. I found that the reason everything was priced the same was due to an ongoing special that they have on weekends and holidays through the end of February - all rooms cost the same!

The room, quality of the bed, etc. are all what you'd expect from a hotel of this quality. Our room, however, faced a busy street and it was the week after the Lunar New Year - 6am and some idiot is outside on the street lighting firecrackers. That's not the hotel's fault.. but they could have done a better job of sound-proofing the rooms.

While the value of this hotel is superb (hence the five star rating I gave it) the decor and such looks dated. While everything works, it is also worn - light fixtures and such look like they've been around the block a couple times. Nothing in serviceable, but given this hotel's star rating - it should be better. The light fixtures and such look like they're out of the early-middle 90's, which.. they probably are.

The internet is free and it's fast enough.. it's just a pain going through the Chinese government's firewall. That's where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) comes into play, which I won't explain here.

The breakfast included with the room is what you'd expect from such a hotel - just make sure you get downstairs early if you don't want cold French toast. The gym has the basic machines you'd expect, and the swimming pool is huge! It features a very nice handpainted mural overhead and has a very "Greek" feeling to it, given the marble and granite which makes up the pool and it's surrounding areas. A heated whirlpool is also available, though I was told they couldn't turn on the whirlpool function because it was so late at night.. which I thought was simply the laziness or naivety of the girls working at the gym's front desk. Perhaps I am wrong, but shouldn't it be a simple button?

Overall, this is a great place to stay. If you're coming on a weekend, hoepfully they still have the special going on.. even though everything is dated.. if you can come during the special.. get the best room available and enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be located next to a busy road.. lots of cars and construction.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
li x, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
First , let me wish you a Happy New Year!
Thank you very much for your comments in Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are offering “+1 RMB” executive room or superior suite room package in weekends( Fri. Sat. Sun. and national holidays) .Guests can enjoy the executive room benefits. We will continue to uphold our standards for every guest to provide quality services.
We look forward to welcome you back to another pleasurable experience with excellent service.
nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is quite dated and not well maintained, especially the bathroom which smells moldy. The infrastructure is old and seems to have problems. The hotel turned off water between 1 and 5pm - in the middle of the day on Friday! I wished they have notified at least a night before in stead of an hour before, so I could have planed my day better. I thought hotels usually do such maintenance work during hours which doesn't disturb customers much (i. e, middle of the night.) Unfortunately, this is one of many examples.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan!
Please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay. As part of our hotel standards, we will put the letter to remind our guests at least 1 day for this kind of case . For this time it is the government notice, we hope to get your understanding. We will pay more attention to our service. So I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan.
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'v just stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Say the truth, this one is not as good as another Crown plaza at the same city. The worst thing is the air conditioning. My first night was terrible because it's too hot even if I adjuested the temperature to a low level. Finally I turned off the AC and slightly opened the window (it's -18F outside). Otherwise, It's a decent hotel. Located at downtown area. A little bit obslete but still acceptable.Breakfast is just so so from my point of view. If you stay at floor higher than 11th, room key is needed for the elevator.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your sharing your candid feedback on Tripadvisor.
I regret to read that your recent stay was not up to expectations . We are going update better facilities .Our air conditioning being deep-cleaned at all times, it appears that our efforts have not been satisfactory. Our location in the main city centre, there have a famous pedestrian street, cafes, bars, boutiques and shopping mall. Customer feedback is vital to the hotel, ensuring the hotel team can continually improve hotel services and offerings. I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future. if you wish to make your next reservation, I can ensure you will be well-looked after.
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed before in the other Crown Plaza that just opened recently and that is clearly the better choice...hence you can imagine why they downgraded it from a Intercontinental hotel to crown plaza

advantage to stay here is the location very central located in the city centre next to the bars, restaurants and clubs

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
li x, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan and for taking the time to share your experience.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We all look forward to welcoming you back
Best wishes
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I alway go to shenyang for business, last time when I was there the service is too bad and breakfast is bad. After writing a comment to the management, 3 months later I go back, I found it the service has improved and the breakfast is great. You have many option to choose to have. They even have dim sim for the breakfast, but the dim sim has to be improved, as sometime the dumpling does not steam enough time. In term of money, it is worth to stay, now if you check in during weekend, only need to pay RMB 1 more to have a free upgrade.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan !
We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. Thank you for sharing recent experience with us. It’s a great pleasure to learn that the hotel impressed you deeply. Your generous notes on our hotel are very much appreciated. We all look forward to welcoming you back.
Best wishes

Been to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Zhongshan? Share your experiences!