“还不错” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.89 Fengyutan Street, Shenhe District, Shenyang 110011, China   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #4 of 1,006 Hotels in Shenyang
青岛, China
“还不错”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The personnel of the service quality, the hotel maintenance quality is very good, is a perfect facilities, the hotel location is located in the center of shenyang, a lot people at ordinary times so taxi is a bit difficult to call, rush hour taxi driver is not very willing to to the position, other faults outside the rest well, in addition the hotel network need extra spending, as well as Hong Kong is the same, hope can open, after all, the room got Internet in that the arrival of the fee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I am happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your recognition of the hotel facilities. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

Meanwhile, I noticed you left comments on some areas of our products and services. Please be assured I have passed your feedback to concerned departments to review and investigate, and we will take corrective actions where possible.

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improve both our products and quality of services.

It is my desire to welcome you back in the hotel in the near future. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact myself or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

(86 24) 8411 8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

changed from one hotel to try this out, reall nice, comfy rooms and excutive lounge very good , happy hour FREE 6 till 8..tip book your taxi in the morning, very helpfull staff and would defo recomend for business, market outside

Room Tip: 16th floor or above
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for your feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and services.

I am happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your recognition of the service of our team members and the hotel facility. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

It is my desire to welcome you back next time you are in Shenyang. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact myself or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs.

Again, thank you for your review and it is a pleasure to have you as our guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

(86 24) 8411 888
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

DT Shenyang was always my hotel of stay every time I visited Shenyang for the past 2 years. Its service had impressed me so much that I was willing to overlook inconveniences such as location. However, my stay this time round was truly a disappointing one.

First of all, the full sized fridge mentioned on Hilton's website is no where to be found inside my suite. Upon checking with the counter staff, I learnt that it's not available in king superior suites. Well, the least hilton could do is to update their website with the correct information so as not to mislead their guests. I had to shelf my plan to buy fruits and cake to celebrate someone's birthday due to the lack of fridge.

Secondly, the water pressure is low. Showering is a chore when water is trickling down the shower head. As I have stayed in this hotel many times before and am well aware of what should the normal water pressure be, I called the care line and requested a fix before leaving my room for the day. When I came back, there was no update. Had to call care centre again and was informed the issue is solved. When I tried to shower at night, the water pressure remained the same. I gave up calling their care centre because clearly they couldn't help.

Thirdly, the central air-conditioning system in my room was not working properly. I set the room temperature to 27 degrees, but the temperature remained at 24 throughout the day. As I was having a fever during that time, the room felt extremely cold. Called the care centre and was told that the system can only bring the room to 24 degrees max. Clearly, I was dissatisfied with this answer because the adjacent living room with its own climate control and vents, was consistently 2 degrees higher than the bedroom. However, I wasn't in the mood to argue. In the end I requested for a standalone heater which was not very successful in heating up the room. Throughout the three incidents, no offer was made to change me to a more liveable room. On a separate note, turn down service was nearly non-existent during my stay there. I was only asked once if I needed the service out of the 7 days I spent there.

Lastly, the service I received from their staff at the western restaurant on level 8 left a really bad taste in my mouth. I signed up for Hilton Premium Club membership a year back. It's some sort of loyalty program for Chinese Hilton franchise. The membership came with a few dining vouchers that can be used in DT Shenyang. When my girlfriend went there to redeem the voucher, she intended to take the food back to the room. The staff at the restaurant offered to deliver the food up instead. However, the situation changed when she presented the voucher. The waiter's face dropped and the offer to deliver food was rescinded. After showing signs of displeasure, the restaurant reluctantly agreed to have the food delivered. This is not the first time I have encountered problems using vouchers associated with this membership at DT Shenyang. Each time I tried to use the voucher, the staff appeared to be clueless about it and membership system and I had to painstakingly educate them. This time round the staff treated my girlfriend as if some second class guests for using the vouchers which came with the membership that I spent thousands of dollars on.
I contacted the care line (AGAIN) and requested to speak to the manager in charge of the restaurant. However, some random waiter contacted me and provided me with some unsatisfactory explanations that I found hard to accept. In the end, he apologised for the incident in a very unapologetic tone. To that waiter, if you don't feel sorry, don't apologise.

I am not sure if I am going to stay in DT Shenyang ever again. If I do, I hope to see less of these nonsense.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed to read your comments and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. I will conduct a full investigation regarding your feedback and get back to you as soon as I have concluded results from all concerned departments. Thank you for your patience and please be assured we will take corrective actions accordingly.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Our goal is to achieve a “perfect 10” in the questionnaire and we do hope that on your next visit we can deliver our promised service.

In the meantime, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang “where the little things mean everything!”

Kind regards,

Tel (86 24) 8411 8888
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Well,

I stayed here for about 21 nights for work, so I pretty much got to know every part of the hotel. Overall, it's one of the best Hilton chain hotels I've stayed at.

Location:
If you traveling here for work/tourism, the location of the hotel is pretty central in the city. It's walk able to the Shenyang Imperial temple, close to a couple malls/shops, and a close walk to the subway, which means you can get anywhere.

Service:
Probably one of the best parts of the hotel. Everyone tries so hard in this hotel, that to people from Western culture it might almost seem to be too much at times. Every evening when I got home from work, I think the manager would greet guests at the door, which was a nice touch. The breakfast ladies were also always so friendly to me. They would always be running over with more coffee and juice. Same with all the staff you would encounter. They would always be trying to accommodate you, like trying to push the elevator button for you. It was all a nice touch. I stayed in the Shanghai double tree right after, and it was a drastic difference, how much more friendly the people here were. Everyone was just friendly.

Room:
All whole hotel is fairly new. It was clean, and the daily clean service was always spotless. The only limitation I had with the room, compared to some of my coworkers who were at another hotel, were the limited number of English Channels. It is China though, so I can't complain.

Restaurant: The hotel has a restaurant. IT has very good food overall, even though for China it is expensive, is priced along Western prices, which is fair. The workers here, especially one, was always very nice and friendly. I ate there at least 15 times, so I pretty much tried everything. Only downside of the restaurant is the ambiance. It kinda of feels like you are sitting in a living room, vs a restaurant. No big deal.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang and thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough feedback online. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was glad to know from your comments that you enjoyed your long term stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the service of our team members and I appreciate your thorough review and compliment on the hotel facilities. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact myself or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your review and it was a real pleasure to have you as our loyal guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am coming for business trips to Shenyang and stayed few hotels in last 2 years. I believe this hotel and Crowne Plaza are only decent options.

Let me explain a bit further,
Location, Shenyang is not a touristic city the only place is old palace that is also cultural heritage site. It is not far from hotel and could reach within 10 minutes by foot. There are some low-mid class restaurant around hotel in almost all directions. Finding a taxi is normally not a problem but depending on day time and season, traffic could be annoying as it is a downtown hotel.

Hotel building is quite nice designed and well maintained, you feel like it is 1 year old hotel although it is older.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, air condition is working well – silent and makes the room quickly warm in cold winter season or cool in hot summer season, there are LED TV, fridge, a nice filter coffee machine as well as iphone docking station. Rooms are all silent despite of being downtown hotel. Carpets and furniture are also clean and/or renewed regularly. Lights in the room are great and you can select as you wish. (I am tired of almost dark rooms in several hotel rooms). Bathrobes are also provided top quality Turkish towels. Stable wireless internet also offered for free in the rooms.

At check-in like other double-tree hotels you receive a fresh baked cookies these are really quite good and I really enjoy every time when I am checking-in. At check-in, all speak good English and quick, I have never had a problem at check-in or check-out.

Executive Lounge, it is at top floor and usually quite empty and offer also a meeting room that is quite convenient for business meetings. There are some soft drinks and quite limited food offer at dinner – breakfast time. It is enough but compare to Hilton or Marriott clearly limited/less. (to enter either HHonnors member or additional charge depending on booking class)

Dinner at hotel own restaurant, there are good discount for the hotel guest and the offer is good and price is fair. Probably it is one of the best western food that is available in Shenyang (although best of the buffet are sushi and grilled fish, I still considered all non-Chinese as western)

There is a small swimming pool, clean and nice similarly training room as well.

Hotel Personal, there are some foreigner supervisors, managers but mainly local people. I have only good experiences and they are quite helpful, time to time, I also received upgrade to better rooms at higher floors.

Shenyang is in general cheap city compare to Beijing-Shanghai therefore hotel rates are also cheaper, I believe it is a good price-value. However you can also consider Crowne Plaza that is a bit far from downtown but also comparable tough normally a bit more costly, but a good park where you can walk and close to a good Korean BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

广州, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Good serive, flet like home...except breakfast, I chose "breakfast" on "My Way" of my golden member account, but reception told me there was not breakfast for me...Others are very good, good attitude of every staff of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang and thank you for taking the time to provide your comments online. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was glad to know from your comments that you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for recognizing the service of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Meanwhile, I noticed your comments on your breakfast entitlement. Please be assured I have passed your feedback to concerned department to investigate and we will take corrective actions once confirmed.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your comments and it was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

Levice / trnava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I visited this hotels more time, I recived every time very good service. Hotel is friendly not only for Chinese traveler, but for visitors from foreign countries too. Offer very good accommodation, varried beakfast and a couple of other services.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I was glad to know from your comments that you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

(86 24) 8411 8888

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang? Share your experiences!