“Warm room in a cold city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 1,025 Hotels in Shenyang
Tampa
“Warm room in a cold city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza Parkview and was happy with the hotel.

Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a superior room. The room layout was kind of strange with the area around the bed kind of tight and had a tight desk area around a corner, but the bathroom was spacious. My first thought was that I was going to forget something in the desk area (since it was out of sight) and told myself to not forget to check there before I left. Ended up leaving clothes in the closet...

The room temp was perfect throughout my stay. Never too hot or cold - it was way below freezing outside. A person traveling with me had a room that was way too cold, and then was transferred to a room way too hot (maybe setting the thermostat is tricky). I had no problems.

The room was clean... The bed was comfortable... Good pillows. The TV had a variety of English channels.

The bathroom had both a shower and a tub. No problems with getting enough hot water.

In the lobby there was a nice lounge with a girl playing piano. It is a nice area to hang out.

The staff was excellent and friendly.

My only real gripe was the place was kind of pricey for laundry and spa services.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear valued guest: Many thanks for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted all your comments and will share it with my staff. Your comment on the laundry and Spa pricing is well noted and will be considered for review. Thank you again and wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Souderton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This Crowne Plaza is everything you have come to expect with this hotel chain. The rooms are well appointed, modern and clean. During a recent stay, I had left something in the room. When I had called back to the hotel later that night (after checking out), I expected to hear that the item was not found. However, I was told that the item was found. The assistant front office manager Roy Yuan went above and beyond to make sure that this item was sent to me as soon as possible at the hotel I was staying at in Beijing.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Sir, thank you for taking the time to share with us on Trip Advisor your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers. I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. I relayed your message to Roy and I am very pleased to hear that he went out of his way to ensure your lost item was returned. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Located Near the Beilin Park. Rooms are good, spacious . Restaurants are good. Front desk is friendly and helpful. Good breakfast and wifi, complimentary. Lot of parking space. Cleanliness, laundry are good. Decoration of the Hotel is good. Room tariff is on the higher side.

Room Tip: Never mind . Rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.
I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel, however, I was one of the paying guests who used their swimming facility. I have stayed at Crowne Plaza before at other international cities for work, all very good stay and service, unfortunately this Crowne Plaza in Shenyang, China was very disappointing. As soon as I walked in the reception of the swimming facility, there were cigarette smoke odour everywhere although they had clearly written a no smoking sign in front. I used the swimming pool, the male toilet was just close to the pool and as I walked past it, there was this heavy cigarette smoke odour coming from that toilet. So while I was swimming, I could inhale the cigarette smoke. It was very unhealthy to stay there. I had high expectations of Crowne plaza as I used to stay there for work often and that they have a very strict non-smoking policy internationally. However it's sad to know that here in China they tolerate smoking. Very low standard.

• Stayed October 2013
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Reputable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time at our Pool and I have made note of your comments on the no smoking part and have seriously addressed this issue with my team to strictly enforce such rules in future.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose the Pool Services at our Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview for your future travel to Shenyang and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.
Delta BC Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently spent three nights here -my third stay. I had read the negative reports on Trip Advisor before confirming my reservation, but the Manager's responses seemed to indicate things would now be right. How wrong can you be?

On arrival, our car pulled up outside. The uniformed staff there did not move -not to open the doors, not to retrieve the bags -they just looked! I watched them throughout my stay -this was their modus operandi.

I went to check in: little English spoken. I checked several times whether I had been given the right sort of room. I had not. Back again. This time it was right and I was told I should have breakfast etc. in the Executive Lounge. This was closed throughout my stay.

Next day, I needed to use the business centre. Very clear signage in the elevators indicated that it was on the third floor. I went there and wondered around. There was no sign to the business centre and, indeed, no business centre. I asked at the desk -they told me it had been moved to the fifth floor. I went there. The business centre was in the Executive Lounge -and, therefore closed!

I went to the desk to speak to the Guest Relations Manager -Green was her name. She spoke English well. I gave her my observations -why no warning at the desk? why no corrected signage? why were guests been sent on these wild goose chases? Green listened and sympathized. She had read Trip Advisor and said it did not paint a good picture of the hotel. Where is the Manager who writes all these replies to customer complaints? He is coming back from Dalian and will call you when he gets here. I was there for about 36 hours after this conversation -the longest time it has ever taken me to make that journey is 6 hours -and that was by train in a snowstorm.
As I was about to leave, I saw Green again. Still no notice about business centre change and Exec Lounge closure. We can't do that, said she. It's the PR departments job.
I was not sorry to leave.

The fact is that the staff are not appropriately trained, the clients' needs are not paramount, and the necessary improvements, though promised, have not been made.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of the particular areas you felt that we have room to improve and have addressed them all with my team.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The concierge desk was extremely helpful, and the shower was very nice. Other than that, the hotel was very average. The location is a bit bad, being close to nothing except the park that contains the mausoleum of the second Qing emperor (which is amazing, by the way!) For decent food, the palace museum, the consulates, etc, it's too far away.

We ate at the Japanese restaraunt the first night. The food was okay, but not for the money (for their prices, I expect them to speak Japanese, and have a more Japanese menu). I was shocked when they didn't know Japanese food words as basic as "edamame," and that they spoke better English (little) than Japanese (none).

The breakfast and the dinner at the hotel buffet are both decent, and there aren't a lot of options elsewhere in the neighborhood. There is a good restaraunt in a black building across the street and down a block, but the English spoken there is precisely zero. Also, there's a shopping mall down the street a block that contains a starbucks and a grocery store, both of which were welcome!

The concierge was able to arrange a day trip to dandong (major crossing point into DPRK) by private car (minivan, actually, but very nice) for 2500 RMB after first offering the hotel's Audi for 4000 RMB. Honestly, it takes a full day, so the Audi might be worth the extra 1500 RMB if the driver speaks English!

Both in Shenyang and in Dandong, we ate at North Korean restaurants, complete with stage shows and gorgeous DPRK (hand-picked, naturally, to put a nice face on the country) waitresses. The food and prices in Dandong were much better, but if you can't make it down there, don't miss the Shenyang offering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I appreciate and have noted your suggestion, where we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon.
Woodend, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in Shenyang on a work trip and The Crowne Plaza Parkview is where we are put on these trips. It is overall a very nice hotel. The rooms are well appointed, the restaurants are good and the bar has a happy hour every night. It is conveniently located to Bei Ling Park, which is beautiful and well worth a visit. All of this is let down because the whole hotel has a constant stench of smoke. If you are a smoker this may not bother you but I couldn't stand it. What makes it worse is that rather than asking customers to stop smoking in the areas that are clearly marked as "non-smoking", they hand customers ashtrays! Unbelievable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Winchester,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers. I appreciate and have noted your suggestion, were we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service, especially your comments on the smoking part. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.

Been to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview? Share your experiences!