“Staying in Dalian - wonderful city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mercure Teda Hotel

Grand Mercure Teda Hotel
You added Grand Mercure Teda Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Mercure Teda Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.205 Zhongnan Road, Zhongshan District, Dalian, China   |
Ranked #95 of 1,021 Hotels in Dalian
3.5 of 5 stars 21 Reviews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Qingdao, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Check-in: Pleasant service.

Room: Needed a good vacuuming job

Service: Only allotted 2 bottles of water. When I asked for more, I was told I've reached my limit of 2 for the day... I had to drop that fact that I have a gold card to get any attention... then i finally got my 2 waters. But should I have had to? No.
Other hotels bring bottles of water by the armful when I ask for extras... It just seemed a bit cheap on their end figuring that it only costs 1 rmb to put 2 bottles of water in the room. Plus, I am sure not paying 25rmb for the chargeable bottle in the room.

Breakfast: Don't pay for it if you don't have to. For 108rmb... it is a waste. Filthy place mats, nothing hot except noodles, narrowing selection of juice and meat as days went on, and quite boring menu as it doesn't change.

Pool: Large and fairly clean. No one hassled me when I didn't wear my swim cap... but I think I might be an exception to the rule ;)

Checkout: Little hassle over billing but got sorted out. The thing that got me is that no one wants to take responsibility for anything anymore. I had spoken with a front desk assistant earlier and she said something different than the person checking me out. Instead of researching the issue or apologizing, I was told that the first person was wrong and that was that... It's very easy to pass the blame, but to be respected... own up to your company's mistake and make it better. We had to guide the front desk with how to deal with the issue, which got it worked out... but isn't my job as customer.

Overall... it's an ok hotel. They are just a bit cheap with trying to make an extra buck. It's a tough economy and I understand, but when it's a 4 star hotel... it shouldn't be like this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Beijing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel does not have a room service menu, so it is difficult to order it. Got the run around when no menu in my room, went to front desk who sent me to restaurant, so said housekeeping would bring it. They brought me the hang on your door breakfast menu. Had to go down to restaurant and order it, then then brought it up.

Warning! Many Chinese hotels shut the a/c off at midnight. Woke up sweating at 1 a.m. and 4 a..m. fiddling with room thermostat which had no affect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand Mercure Teda Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Mercure Teda Hotel

Address: No.205 Zhongnan Road, Zhongshan District, Dalian, China
Location: China > Liaoning > Dalian
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #95 of 1,021 Hotels in Dalian
Hotel Class:5 star — Grand Mercure Teda Hotel 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Teda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Grand Mercure Teda Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.