“Excellent business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dalian

You added Hilton Dalian to your Saves list
Hilton Dalian
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Gangpu Road, Zhongshan District, Dalian 116001, China   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #14 of 1,021 Hotels in Dalian
4.0 of 5 stars 114 Reviews
manchester
“Excellent business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice hotel, from top to finish real 5 star quality
Get a room on the exec level well worth the extra spend to use the exec level WOW
The bar in the lobby is also fab, live bands and very helpful service staff

Get a view facing out to sea, great view to wake up yo

Cant wait to go back

Room Tip: Exec room and you can use the business services
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pinky W, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear KnightyManchester

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Hotel during your recent stay in Dalian and for taking time to rate and comment on Tripadvisor website. Guest feedback is an essential tool for us to continually improve the service and facilities we offer.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your complimentary words to our hotel and the recognition of the good work our team members have delivered. I will be sure to pass your feedback to them.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and it has been our real pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Dalian.

Yours truly,

Marlene Poynder
Hilton Dalian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

In all Honesty this was is one of the best Hilton's that I've stayed in. The hotel is very new but the staff all speak excellent English. The breakfast was great and the exec lounge is fantastic. The rooms are big and have great features but do feel a little new and quirky. The overall sense of the hotel is that it is very new, but that it is very well run and the staff are excellent. The only bad point is that the hotel is somewhat out of town (although it only takes 5 minutes) and you have to get a taxi (interesting experience) and navigate around the large roundabout. So I'd recommend a hotel car if you are contemplating longer journeys - especially to the airport. This does make the hotel a nice place to retreat to out of the city center but you'll find that you'll spend quite a few 5 min taxi journeys going round the roundabout if you have to travel in. The Hotel bar is for want of another word eclectic, but food throughout the hotel and through the day is really good.

Finding this hotel in China was a really pleasant surprise and I'd definitely stay there again - I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pinky W, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Green_Kermit

With regards to your comment about our location, I agree with you that the area is a new construction program with the grand Convention Center for local government. Fortunately, this is a temporary transportation challenge and once this area is built up in late 2013, it will be truly magnificent area of Dalian.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and it has been our real pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Conrad Dalian where you will always have “The Luxury of Being Yourself.”

Yours truly,

Marlene Poynder
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in Hilton Dalian, China, and it was a great hotel. It's brand new and all the amenities for a 5-star hotel were there. Our room, the food in the restaurants were excellent. Normally, our experiences with China hotels always has a glitch in terms of service, knowing that English is not spoken by everyone in the service side of the hotel. But they were always willing to help and be of service.

We stayed in the executive floor so the lounge was great. Breakfast and afternoon cocktails were great.

I would greatly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants good service in Dalian.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pinky W, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the executive floor team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

For the kind of prices you pay at the hotel, you expect top rate service. Unfortunately, my experience here was all but good. It all started out as I arrived. My taxi pulled up in the driveway, and I thought, ah nice, modern building - not bad. It ended there. There were three bell hops/valets in sight but they seemed more interested in everything else but holding the taxi door open for me and helping with my bags. This happened to other guests as well so it wasn't a random encounter. To be fair, the front desk reception was decent (but I wouldn't expect less of a Hilton). The restaurant was unbelievable expensive, especially when you live in China and know exactly how much food here really cost. Service was also a tad bit slow and it took them almost 10 minutes to bring my check even though I was the only one in the restaurant.

In-room wifi was advertised as 'included' in the room cost but I was charged 100RMB. I wouldn't mind paying that 100RMB, except that the internet speed was unbelievably slow.

The hotel is located in a neighborhood undergoing heavy construction, and is constantly dirty and dusty. It is also a distance from the town centre and you need a taxi to get to the restaurants and bars. Overall, not my ideal accommodation and I have definitely stayed in cheaper and better accommodations in China.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your time and we do appreciate you are taking your time advising us your stay experience at Hilton Dalian. We happy to learn that you felt our room is comfortable.The internet fees is charged following the Hilton brand standards.

Hilton Dalian located in East Harbour development zone, a new rapidly emerging and vibrant district in Dalian city. Our concierge provides taxi service to make your outing more convenient.

However, we so regret to learn that your stay is not pleasant. Your comments on hotel service quality are seriously noted. Hotel management has circulated your comments with concerning department. Please be sure that our entire team will take immediate action to work on it and we do wish that you could experience our improvements by then.

If you don’t mind, please provide the more details to hiltondalian_info@hilton.com for us to investigate. Please be sure that our entire team will take immediate action to work on it and we do wish that you could experience our improvements by then.

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel looks like it will be really nice in about 5 years. The interior is brand new with all of the modern amenities you could want - but it's in the middle of nowhere, such that even the taxi drives don't know how to get there. (And if you're like me and don't speak Mandarin, that made it even more difficult). When you check in, take a hotel business card that has the address on it, so that when you get a cab you can just show that to them instead of trying to explain where it is.

If you open the windows at all, you'll be flooded by all the noise of constant construction - and from the windows all you can see are eyesores of construction. It's nice that they're developing the area, but for all you know when they're done you'll be staring at the wall of another skyscraper. The cleaning people didn't lock one of my windows one day (it looked like it needed a special wrench or tool to lock it properly) so while I was trying to take a nap or work, I was distracted by all of the noise. Also, Dalian (like China) is polluted, so you don't want to have the windows open if you can help it.

The buffet breakfast is excellent - all the choices you could want and nothing unidentifiable for the Westerners. I really liked the soup noodles and the dumplings!

They had overbooked while I was there so I was upgraded to an executive floor, and when I got to my room there was a note from the manager saying that guests on this floor had access to the executive lounge and privileges. My coworker and I checked it out and it was very nice - but then the next day when we went upstairs for breakfast, they kicked me out, saying that because I was an upgrade, I only got the floor but not the privileges. I was very offended, given that at any other hotel this would not have been the case - and if it was the mistake of the management to leave that note of welcome in my room then it would have been no big deal for them to just give the privileges as well. It was also inconsistent because my coworker who had been upgraded similarly, didn't have a problem with accessing the lounge - and furthermore, there were few if NO people using the lounge whenever we went up, just a whole lot of staff standing around and doing nothing. You would think that a hotel would try to cater towards it's customers and gain some repeat business, but they did not.

I really liked the hotel's interior because I like modern hotels, but given their poor customer service and location, my coworker who travelled with me refuses to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Kennebunk, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton in August. It located near the harbor but amidst major construction. Dirty, Dusty Loud. I wish I had been warned. It was a 20 minute walk to anything. I am sure in 2 or 3 years it will be better. The staff was fine as was the facilities. I was charged 100 rmb for internet. It is my experience that most places do not charge and if they do it is not 100 usd for 3 days!! I really felt like they were nickel and diming me and I mentioned this and the gal offered nothing in the way of remuneration or acknowledgement that his extra charge is exorbitant and largely unnecessary.

Room Tip: Up high to get away from the construction noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your time to give us such valuable comments.

The internet fees we charged that following the Hilton brand standards.

Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in a corner room with king size bed. The room was really nice but carpet is not so clean (tolerable in this case). The hotel offers buffet dinner for 253 RMB. The food is not great but tolerable. Service was terrible in the restaurant. The last night I was in the restaurant, I asked the waiter for tea and he brought the tea pot but couldn't find a glass in the station. And so he got the glass from the next table where someone had eaten, assuming that the glass was clean. I got so grossed out and asked the manager for a clean cup. Despite my complaint, the manager didn't do anything about it. This really ruins the reputation of Hilton as high quality service hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pinky W, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, August 29, 2012

Many thanks once again for your comments.

Been to Hilton Dalian? Share your experiences!