“Superb! Enough said” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Restaurant

Riviera Restaurant
Floor 1 Hongyu DaSha Building, No. 68 Renmin Road | Next Door East of the Shangri la Hotel, Dalian, China
+86 411 3963 3899
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,027 Restaurants in Dalian
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: The Riviera is the perfect dinning experience for corporate and private diners, special occasions and gourmet foodies. The concept of offering Riviera Mediterranean cuisine under one kitchen is a unique and innovative combination that is satisfying to local and foreign gourmet foodies that frequent the Riviera nationally and internationally. While pasta, rice dishes, seafood and fish are favorite choices it is the quality and tenderness of the Austrailian Wagyu Beef and Tasmanian Lamb that the Riviera is so well known for. Vegans need not worry, the Riviera has a wide selection of vegetarian dishes throughout the menu. From the bar a choice of well-balanced wines are offered along with award winning cocktails and a unique selections of beers. For the dessert lovers who just can't decide from our amazing desserts, try our Mini Monte, a 5 spooned signature selection .... Simply Irresistible. Our highly trained and friendly dinning team have a wonderful command of the English language. Our Mission .... Commitment to Excellence
Shenyang, China
“Superb! Enough said”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to the Riviera for our anniversary dinner. Hugo was top-notch, he made our special night perfect. Food was amazing and lived up to every expectation. I have lived in China for 5 years and this is hands down one of the best restaurants I have visited. Not a cheap place by any means, but worth every penny. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who needs a break from Chinese food and those in need of great customer service.

“Brilliant restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I flew in from YanTai and had a brilliant dinner at The Rivera, the sevrice was as good as I remembered it two years ago, the consistancy in quality of food and service is amazing even thou I notice some new staff, I enjoyed the Portobello topped with shrimp, what a wonderful combination, the Spanish Gazzpacio was fantastic, and according to my Spanish friends that I was dinning with, they say it's very authentic, one of the best. Don't miss the Coffee Martin after your meal, they are legendary. I highly recommend this restaurant to all who visit Da Lian as A MUST GO. It's next door to the Shangrila Hotel, U CAN'T MISS IT.

China
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The food is perfect, the service is super, well i think the best restaurant in town. I recommend.

Visited April 2012
Qingdao, China
“Below expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Expected more from postiings here. Service was excellent. While the food was good, it did not live up to standards that i see in other reviews. Ravioli was starchy. Also, was charged for drinks that i did not order, once I realized and returned, my money was refunded without issue. Price on the high end

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dalian
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Don't get me wrong: I love Chinese food, but when I need a break from the many delights of Chinese cooking, I head for The Riviera. Here I can sample the cooking of France, Spain and Italy, consume a sumptuous banquet or a smaller meal. It's also the only place in Dalian where I can be sure of a decent martini.

Jennifer Prescott has created a gustatorial paradise in the heart of Dalian, just beside the 5-star Shangri-la Hotel. The Wagyu beef is a must, but anything on the menu, and there's plenty, will thrill even the most finicky palate.

Fortunately, I learned years ago that there is a part of the stomach that never gets filled no matter how much you eat. That part is reserved for dessert, and The Riviera will fill it quite happily. Chocolate of course, not a flavour, but a way of life, ranks high on the menu for me, but there's plenty more.

Full menu, full bar, and a full stomach at the end of the night. Heaven!

• Visited October 2011