“I used to volunteer here!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Zoos
Attraction Details
Starnberg, Germany
43 attraction reviews
“I used to volunteer here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This zoo is a FABULOUS zoo given it's a Chinese/Asian zoo. The zoo is new and is a HUGE upgrade from the scary, horror movie-like atmosphere of the old zoo. I took my Grade 1 classes here two years in a row and it was awesome to see so many animals. One downfall, however, is the way the staff do NOT stop visitors from feeding/THROWING THINGS at the animals. It can be a bit heartbreaking but I MUST give this zoo props for the effort it's making to change for the betterment of the animals. There are a lot of exotic species here and I don't know if visitors realize how lucky they are to see so many cool animals...I really hope that I can visit here again and see continued progress...but I am a bit worried that they'll drop the ball on maintaining such great conditions for their animals...let's cross our fingers that this ISN'T the case!

Visited June 2011