“Nothing good to say about this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan to your Saves list
Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan
No.20 Bashang Alley, Yuanlin Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215001, China   |
Ranked #44 of 1,013 Hotels in Suzhou
“Nothing good to say about this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by a local company. This is not the type of place would choose to stay a night in but decided to give it a go to be respectful to those I was meeting here. First room I had to change immediately due to the very bad smell! Next room whilst large was very basic and did not have a nice atmosphere to it. My room faced the main road and unfortunately as with so many low end hotels in China the windows were almost non-existent to noise and wind = sleepless night mainly due to the Chinese way of driving which requires the use of your horn constantly. Bed was hard.

I was very pleased to check out and move on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

I regret so much to have stayed there... not because the hotel itself, but 'cuz we had a bad bad bad night.
We arrived in the afternoon. I'm not sure the front desk spoke english at all. Luckily for us, our friends are fluent in chinese. The rooms in this hotel are very small, and for the ones located in the middle, they have a glass half wall, covered by curtains, that if you leave them open, it is very easy for anyone to see inside the rooms. Same for the division of the room to the bathroom, (so not a good idea to stay with people who can see you doing your business).
The beds were harder than the floors, Im not kidding, but Ive heard that in china this is very common...
My experience was horrible because at about 1am, i heard people walking/running up and down the aisles (both sides of the room) after I woke up I realized it was a chinese man hitting a woman, it was a horrible event that lasted so long that I had to stand and open the door to tell him to stop. I couldnt believe this was happening since the aisles have cameras, (why wouldnt someone, seeing this through the cameras, call the police, this guy was hitting her really bad) I couldnt sleep all night. I may have been stupid for opening the door, but I couldnt just stay still and listen.
In this mini hotel, I felt unsafe and worried. Just thinking about that night gives me the chills... so of course I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

We have just enjoyed a wonderful month travelling around China. We booked this Home Inn as one of our stays because it looked a bit different to everything else. The pool is what really caught our eye. We were so dissappointed when upon arrival we discovered that the Home Inn is nothing like what is pictured on the website. The buildings are totally different, the restaurant is 'boring' and there is no sign of a pool anywhere. This website is displaying totally the wrong Hotel.

We did find the accommodation to be clean and quite adequate for our needs tho (just no pool!!)

• Liked — Fairly central to all that we wanted to do
  • Disliked — No pool and poor restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't pack your togs!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan

Address: No.20 Bashang Alley, Yuanlin Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215001, China
Location: China > Jiangsu > Suzhou
#4 Best Value Hotel in Suzhou
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA so you can book your Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Home Hotel Suzhou Shizilin

If you own or manage Home Inn Suzhou Zhuozhengyuan, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.