“Best Crowne Plaza experience, ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.168 Xinggang Street, Suzhou 215021, China (Formerly New Suzhou International Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 1,021 Hotels in Suzhou
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best Crowne Plaza experience, ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on business. Spacious and beautiful room, extremely polite staff who are willing to help you out. House keeping was excellent too. I was working in the room one day, and did not want to be disturbed. When I went out for lunch for about an hour and a half, I pushed the "please make room" button, and when I returned, the room was cleaned. WiFi worked perfectly (I rely heavily on internet access for work) and was stressless, and what's better, it's free. I did struggle a bit communicating with a waitress at the bar, but the next day she remembered me and asked me if I wanted what I ordered the night before. I will definitely stay here again for my next visit, business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a comprehensive review. You have covered many aspects of your stay and we are especially appreciative about your comments about the room, staff and internet. Your satisfaction is our best reward.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your recommendation and kind words of praise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just for one night on a business trip!
It was one of my best hotel experiences ever!
Arrived at the pick of the rush hour (5:30 pm) and there was too many people waiting to be checked in and the receptionist were extremely busy, the bell boy took care of my stuff and found an available agent for me, someone also brought me a cup of fresh tea... The receptionist was very polite and apologized for the wait, and I got upgraded to a presidential suit on the 8th floor, the room was a two story suit with everything needed for a comfortable stay, Nespresso machine, a ground desk, two 42" flat screen Tv, a sound system , a super comfy bed and a full service bathroom .... And spotlessly clean.
I received fruits and a voucher for soft drink, I got a fast Internet with help of the same reception agent who was very knowledgable and helpful, everybody had very good level of English.
I had international buffet for dinner and breakfast which both were great.
The room was very quiet and I had a pleasant sleep.
The check out was super efficient and surprisingly with the same person I checked in with!
I would stay again if an opportunity raises.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a comprehensive review. We are glad to read that you are satisfied with all aspects of your overall experience from check-in till check-out. Your satisfaction is our best reward. We will spare no effort to provide you with the best of our service and live up to your expectation.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your wonderful and kind words of praise.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is always my first choice of accomodation when visiting Suzhou and would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting this city for business or leisure . Excellent standards of hospitality from all members of staff from check in to check out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are especially appreciative about your recommendation. We will strive to provide you with the best of our service and remain your first choice of accommodation in Suzhou.

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

First time to stay in Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou. It was really nice hotel which I had ever seen.
Especially the good serivce of Club Lounge. All the staff there were super friendly and helpful.
Thank you to create a memorable holiday for me. Now this CP will my first choice if i visit Suzhou again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the stay with us. We are especially appreciative about your kind words of praise on our Club Lounge and staff. We will strive to provide you the best of our service and remain your first choice in Suzhou.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your wonderful words of praise.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spend an extensive amount of time travelling on business and Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou is a home away from home for me. I appreciate how the hotel staff make my stay comfortable and pleasant. The Club lounge and lobby lounge are great places to chill and chat with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake have excellent views
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the stay, which has been highlighted by the staff, Club Lounge and Lobby Lounge. We will spare no efforts to remain your home away from home and ensure your every stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your kind words of praise.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is located in Suzhou on a very nice lake, actually the hotel location is very nice and good for seeing Suzhou, I would certainly recommend it for any business/holiday stay.

The rates are also very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, but the hotel could improve in the following way -

* Checked in as Royal Ambassador Member and given a room facing the freeway, also the beds are so short, only about 6ft long total, so if you are tall expect to sleep with your feet hanging over the bed

* Club Lounge is nice, but during the cocktail hour they have no food! They ran out of food around 630pm, after an hour or so but the cocktail hour is supposed to run until 8pm, when asked if more food was coming they replied the chef is busy and we are not sure, the lounge is busy tonight, but honestly it is now 7pm as I write this review and there are 7 people in the lounge that would hold perhaps 50-75 people comfortably.

So overall the hotel is nice, rooms are nice if you get a room facing the water, but the beds are small, the service in the hotel is a little ma ma hu hu (not so great in chinese), especially the club lounge which has very limited or no food left, all the trays are empty with over one hour of cocktail service remaining.

The hotel has nice pool/gym facilities, nice places to eat in the lobby, a nice bar, etc. I certainly would recommend it, just be aware of the room bed size, the room location facing a busy highway and the club lounge with no food! How much is food in China really? Just fill up the trays with food, they have chicken wings but when they delivered them they had like 6 wings on a big tray hahah they lasted like 30 seconds.

Room Tip: Room facing the water, the view of the road is terrible, the water facing rooms have a nice balcony...
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. It is through continuous feedbacks that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

Thank you for your recommendation and recognition of our pool, gym, lobby and bar. We also greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the room and Club Lounge matters to our attention. Mr. Dekker Zhang, our Assistant Director of Rooms hopes to get in touch with you personally. Could you please send an email to dekker.zhang@ihg.com? We will target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

It is my favorite hotels I have stayed in during my travels in the US or Abroad. The hotel staff is very courteous and very helpful. The Crowne Plaza Club Lounge is the best place to hang out and relax and enough some friendly conversation with the Staff. The service by the Club Staff is the best I have encountered. They remember all the guests names and what they like to eat and drink. If you come to Suzhou you have to stay here. Best hotel on Suzhou.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the stay with us. We are especially appreciative about your kind words of praise on our Club Lounge and staff. We will strive to provide you the best of our service and remain your favorite hotel.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou? Share your experiences!