“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.168 Xinggang Street, Suzhou 215021, China (Formerly New Suzhou International Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 1,013 Hotels in Suzhou
4.5 of 5 stars 520 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spend an extensive amount of time travelling on business and Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou is a home away from home for me. I appreciate how the hotel staff make my stay comfortable and pleasant. The Club lounge and lobby lounge are great places to chill and chat with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake have excellent views
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the stay, which has been highlighted by the staff, Club Lounge and Lobby Lounge. We will spare no efforts to remain your home away from home and ensure your every stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your kind words of praise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is located in Suzhou on a very nice lake, actually the hotel location is very nice and good for seeing Suzhou, I would certainly recommend it for any business/holiday stay.

The rates are also very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, but the hotel could improve in the following way -

* Checked in as Royal Ambassador Member and given a room facing the freeway, also the beds are so short, only about 6ft long total, so if you are tall expect to sleep with your feet hanging over the bed

* Club Lounge is nice, but during the cocktail hour they have no food! They ran out of food around 630pm, after an hour or so but the cocktail hour is supposed to run until 8pm, when asked if more food was coming they replied the chef is busy and we are not sure, the lounge is busy tonight, but honestly it is now 7pm as I write this review and there are 7 people in the lounge that would hold perhaps 50-75 people comfortably.

So overall the hotel is nice, rooms are nice if you get a room facing the water, but the beds are small, the service in the hotel is a little ma ma hu hu (not so great in chinese), especially the club lounge which has very limited or no food left, all the trays are empty with over one hour of cocktail service remaining.

The hotel has nice pool/gym facilities, nice places to eat in the lobby, a nice bar, etc. I certainly would recommend it, just be aware of the room bed size, the room location facing a busy highway and the club lounge with no food! How much is food in China really? Just fill up the trays with food, they have chicken wings but when they delivered them they had like 6 wings on a big tray hahah they lasted like 30 seconds.

Room Tip: Room facing the water, the view of the road is terrible, the water facing rooms have a nice balcony...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. It is through continuous feedbacks that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

Thank you for your recommendation and recognition of our pool, gym, lobby and bar. We also greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring the room and Club Lounge matters to our attention. Mr. Dekker Zhang, our Assistant Director of Rooms hopes to get in touch with you personally. Could you please send an email to dekker.zhang@ihg.com? We will target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

It is my favorite hotels I have stayed in during my travels in the US or Abroad. The hotel staff is very courteous and very helpful. The Crowne Plaza Club Lounge is the best place to hang out and relax and enough some friendly conversation with the Staff. The service by the Club Staff is the best I have encountered. They remember all the guests names and what they like to eat and drink. If you come to Suzhou you have to stay here. Best hotel on Suzhou.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the stay with us. We are especially appreciative about your kind words of praise on our Club Lounge and staff. We will strive to provide you the best of our service and remain your favorite hotel.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future. Thanks again for your wonderful words of praise.
Toluca, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Even I was on business trip, I enjoyed the Facillities as if I was on personal travel, its location allows an easy access to the downtown; subway or taxi, both are accessible. All Facillities are in excellent conditions and the Spa is fantastic.
Guest orientation is remarkable, I received assistance even in Spanish with a very good support to enjoy the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with view to the Lake!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you are satisfied with our location, facilities, SPA and staff. We will spare no effort to provide you the best of our service and ensure your stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The building and location is remarkable, but what really sets this hotel above all others is the quality and hospitality of the hotel staff. Their professionalism and commitment to customer service is unrivaled; with the following being just a few of the many examples I have experienced;
- I had been away for several months and on arrival the bellman, that I did not recognize, opened the cab door and greeted me by name and said 'Welcome back to Crowne Plaza"
- During a stay that spanned my birthday; the doorbell rang and on opening I was greeted by a cake and the sincere smiles of many staff members there to wish me a happy birthday.
- The Club Lounge staff always remembered my wife's favorite tea and prepared it for her without ever having to ask
- Visitors to our company that would normally stay at another brand just two blocks away have told me that they would not consider staying anywhere else in Suzhou after having been a guest at Crowne Plaza

The culture of hospitality starts with the General Manager, who always extends a warm handshake and sincere greeting when encountering guests, and goes through to every level of staff member that I have interacted with.

Truly a 5 Star experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. We are glad to read that you are satisfied with our staff service. It is hugely motivating when you take the time and trouble to mention all the details. We will strive to provide you with the best of our services and ensure your stay to be comfortable and pleasant.

Hotel General Manager, Mr. Magandran Suppiah would also like to say thank you for your kind words of praise and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future.
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband has stayed at the crown plaza in Suzhou for several years. Every time he came home he told me in great detail how wonderful this hotel was. The staff, the location on and on. I couldn't believe a hotel could be so beautiful and staff so helpful as he expressed, every time!!!
Then I had a chance to see for myself in October 2011 and February , March 2012.
I hate to admit it of course, but he was right and more. The hotel is beautiful but comfortable, you can always find a quiet corner to read, people watch or just knit and have a cup of tea. While my husband had to go away to work, I always felt pampered, taken care off , never lonely.
We had a small medical emergency on our second stay and the staff was efficient, helpful, caring and kind way beyond what anyone could expect. I can't express my gratefullness enough.
I have a difficult time finding food that I can eat, due to allergies etc. but I could always find something in the sun seeker restaurant. If you can't find something you like or are able to eat there, I don't know where you would go.
We still go to the fitness center and the pool at the crown plaza. We live in Suzhou now but still return gladly to enjoy the friendly staff, work out in the clean, all you could want, fitness room as members. Work out, have some tea after, listen to some live piano music, meet friends, what more could you want.
My husband and I are thinking about doing a weekend stay at the crown, even though we only live in our apartment a few minutes away. It's nice to feel spoiled.
I could rattle on and on about this hotel but don't want to bore anybody. If you come to Suzhou , stay at the crown plaza, you won't be sorry.
I did not rate the spa since I did not use it.

Room Tip: If you pick a room on the lake side you can enjoy weekend fireworks, music , water and Laser light...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for being with us in the past few years and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a comprehensive review of your overall stay experience. It is hugely motivating when you take the trouble to share the detailed experiences and acknowledge our service. We are most grateful to read about your wonderful words of praise. Your satisfaction is our best reward.

It is our great honor to be of service to you. We look forward the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou.
Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is reasonably prices and in a convenient location. It is next to the SIP, restaurants, etc. but is well away from any major road and it's along a lake; even if it is a business hotel, it also meet a kind of resort atmosphere. The building is very modern with a huge lobby overlooking the lake. Rooms are big as well as baths; cleaning was excellent. Breakfast offer a wide variety of food. There is also a 25 metre inside pool, outside pool and spa. Service is very efficient and kind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou and taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are glad to read that you like the location, atmosphere, room, restaurant, pool and SPA. We are especially appreciative about your kind words of praise about our service. Your satisfaction is our best reward.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou? Share your experiences!