The hotel is located in Suzhou on a very nice lake, actually the hotel location is very nice and good for seeing Suzhou, I would certainly recommend it for any business/holiday stay.
The rates are also very reasonable for the quality of the hotel, but the hotel could improve in the following way -
* Checked in as Royal Ambassador Member and given a room facing the freeway, also the beds are so short, only about 6ft long total, so if you are tall expect to sleep with your feet hanging over the bed
* Club Lounge is nice, but during the cocktail hour they have no food! They ran out of food around 630pm, after an hour or so but the cocktail hour is supposed to run until 8pm, when asked if more food was coming they replied the chef is busy and we are not sure, the lounge is busy tonight, but honestly it is now 7pm as I write this review and there are 7 people in the lounge that would hold perhaps 50-75 people comfortably.
So overall the hotel is nice, rooms are nice if you get a room facing the water, but the beds are small, the service in the hotel is a little ma ma hu hu (not so great in chinese), especially the club lounge which has very limited or no food left, all the trays are empty with over one hour of cocktail service remaining.
The hotel has nice pool/gym facilities, nice places to eat in the lobby, a nice bar, etc. I certainly would recommend it, just be aware of the room bed size, the room location facing a busy highway and the club lounge with no food! How much is food in China really? Just fill up the trays with food, they have chicken wings but when they delivered them they had like 6 wings on a big tray hahah they lasted like 30 seconds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 25 minutes by Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity Railway from bustling Shanghai, Crowne Plaza Suzhou ideally located in the Suzhou Industrial Park and set against the scenic backdrop of beautiful Jinji Lake. 10 minutes away from city center and minutes away from the Expo center, Suzhou Science and Arts Center and walking distance from Li Gongdi, Rainbow Walker, Times Square entertainment and shopping areas. Crowne Plaza Suzhou has a choice of 344 spacious and tastefully furnished guest rooms and each room overlook both the lake and gardens. For a diverse and dramatic world of dining experience and take a culinary adventure to from 6 stylish restaurants, bars and lounges with hotel s acclaimed cuisines and personalized service. 12 multi-function meeting rooms and a 1066 SQM pillar-less Crowne Ballroom with 800 SQM pre-function area are designed to seat from as few as 10 to as many as 1,000 guest in a variety of Configurations. We ve put together a comprehensive range of products and services called Meeting Success. Hotel offers an arrange of recreation, from the state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, Tea Tree Spa and marina, guaranteed to leave you relaxed and recharged for your next working day. You'll agree that in the storied city of Suzhou, The Place To Meet is Crowne Plaza Suzhou. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Suzhou