“Cheating and ripoff upon Check Out” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.168 Xinggang Street, Suzhou 215021, China (Formerly New Suzhou International Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 950 hotels in Suzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheating and ripoff upon Check Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are staying for business in the Crown Plaza Suzhou every time we visit our important customers in Suzhou. This time our customer booked the room for us under their corporate rate. We checked in, we were asked our business cards, signed the registration form and got our keys. No complaints so far. The hotel itself is great with a great view over the lake, nice rooms and a very good Ambassador Lounge, but after what happened at Check Out, we will never stay there again.
Upon Check Out we received our bill, no explanations, the credit card slip was printed already and given us to sign. We saw that it was double the price of what was put in the registration form, so we remarked that we were checked in base on the corporate rate of our customers and we were told that this rate is only for members of this company and not for suppliert. We would have understood it if they would have told us upon check in, but not secretly trying to make us sign the double rate, so we asked for the registration slip which was signed by us and the supervisor, so we made clear that this is an agreement and they should stick to it, but the front guest Guy said that he doesn't care what was signed upon check in and insisted on the double amount. So we asked for the Guest Relations Manager who introduced himself to me upon Check In, but the stuff continuously refused to call him or any Management.They even tried to fake our agreement by overwriting the agreed rate. After 2 hours discussion they agreed on the corporate rate with a remark that they will charge the missing amount to our customer. Can you believe that? To make a long story short this is a nice hotel with great locations, but giving me one of the worst experience in 12 years travelling through Asia we decided never to stay at this hotel again. If they made a mistake checking us in for the wrong rate (how can we know which rate is wrong or right if noone tells us?), they have to take the responsibility and not us. The behaviour of this front stuff is a shame for the whole Crown Plaza chain

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us; it is through continuous feedback that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

First of all, we are sorry for all the problems you encountered and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is not the standard we pride ourselves and we believe no explanation would recover the unpleasant experience. We have reviewed this case with the members of hotel management and we are taking actions to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Mr. Dekker Zhang, our Assistant Director of Rooms hopes to get in touch with you personally. Could you please send an email to dekker.zhang@ihg.com? We will try our best to redeem your faith in Crowne Plaza Suzhou.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Cleburne, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I travel globally and generally stay at a hotel for up to three weeks at a time. The first time I ever stayed at the Crowne Plaza, I knew I was "home". I have returned there over the past 5 years and when I walk in the door I am greeted by name. You will get a smile from everyone on the staff including the great ladies in housekeeping. My factory is actually in Wuxi but, for me, there is no other property that can top the CP!

Room Tip: Although all the rooms are great, get one on the lake side. Also...take the leap and upgrade to 7th...
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. We are glad to know that you have been a regular guest and you have enjoyed your stay with us over the past 5 years. Your satisfaction is our best reward. We strive to provide impressive service to you and it gives us great pleasure to read that we have met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future. Once again thank you for your wonderful and kind words of praise.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful setting. the rooms are large with fantastic views. I was there on New Year's eve and got to watch the fireworks from my room. The breakfast is excellent and the staff is very efficient and professional. My son was ill and they assisted me in obtaining a tray to bring up to the room for him. they also brought lunch to him when we were out. I enjoyed my stay there very much and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us, especially the firework show against the beautiful views. It is our great pleasure to provide you and your family with the best of our services and ensure your stay to be comfortable and pleasant.
We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future. Once again thank you for your recommendation and kind words of praise.
Westlake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times each year since it was opened. Although my stays are for business, I feel I am on vacation once I walk into the lobby. The staff always greets me by name with a warm smile. The whole facility is very luxurious with a nautical theme. I enjoy both the Club Lounge and the bar at the Mariana Atrium. The environments are relaxed and it is easy to have conversations without raising your voice to be heard. The lake view is very beautiful and relaxing. On weekends there is plenty to do within walking distances. I would recommend this 5 star hotel to everyone. Jim W.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. We are glad to know that you have been a frequent guest of ours since our opening and you have enjoyed your business stay with us. Your satisfaction is our best reward.
Crowne Plaza Suzhou is a cruise-themed hotel set against the fascinating Jinji Lake. The hotel is designed to bring a special experience to the guests, which makes it so different from the other hotels. We will spare no efforts to ensure every moment of your stay is comfortable and relaxing.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future. Once again thank you for your wonderful and kind words of praise.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My recent trip to Suzhou had me booked at this hotel. From the very moment I walked in until I left after two days could not have gone any better. The staff and team goes out of their way to make you feel valued. This team really cares about your comfort and ensures your happiness. The facilities are fantastic from health club, pool, restaurants, lounge and rooms. I will definitely be coming back to stay here on my next trip - highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou. We are glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Your satisfaction is our best reward. We strive to provide you the best of our facilities and services.

Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Suzhou in the near future.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Crowne Plaza was a nice hotel the last 4 times I visited, but I noticed during my last visit that they 'upped' their game. The staff is extremely well trained and very responsive to the customer's needs. The service is at the level of any 5 star hotel in the world. I was well pleased during my entire 5 night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room at reservation or check in.
Dear distinguished guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad to know that you have been a frequent guest of ours and enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is our best reward. We will spare no efforts to ensure every moment of your stay is comfortable and relaxing.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A 5 star with the shaped of a ship and interior decor is real classy. Rooms are clean and spacious and the service really matches the international 5 stars. The hotel as two restaurants for you to choose for breakfast and I have tried both. I prefer the Chinese Restaurant and the dimsum is great too. It really has the right ambience and nite time you can see nice lake view from the room.

Room Tip: Take the lake view room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Leah L, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Suzhou. We are glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Your satisfaction is our best reward. The hotel is uniquely designed with a cruise theme to bring a different experience to the guests. We strive to provide you the best of our facilities and services.

Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Crowne Plaza Suzhou in the near future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Suzhou? Share your experiences!