“Quality food, nice selction of import beers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tampere, Finland
“Quality food, nice selction of import beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have eaten here couple of times this year. It's nice place, tasty and good quality food. Nothing too fancy about it and not the cheapest place around. Beer selection is a big plus. If you're looking for Indian food in this end of SIP, this is a very good choice.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Kyoto, Japan
“Mediocre Indian food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We live very close by in Suzhou and decided to give this place a go. Having lived in India for several years, we have pretty high expectations for Indian food, and this just wasn't up to the level we are used to, especially for the price. You can get food that is miles above this for next to nothing in India at any hole-in-the-wall eatery.

In particular, I wasn't impressed with the speed of service or the organization here. The food took ages to arrive. The drinks came after the food, which should have taken only a few minutes to prepare and service. The naan and rice came much later on, well after our curries were on the table.

I suppose the atmosphere is nice enough being right on the lake and you can sit on the floor if you're able to get one of those tables, but if the food isn't up to the mark, everything else is irrelevant. I wouldn't return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Malibu, California
“lamb & pumpkin curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Make the trek all the way to Ganesh if for no other reason, just to enjoy the rich, tasty, spicy lamb and pumpkin curry. Some of the best I've ever had. The service is poor. The location is lovely, sitting lakeside.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zapopan, Mexico
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was lovely, specially the spiciest dishes. I heard that service is slow, but on the day I went, I didn't have to wait long for my order and the restaurant was very busy. Waiters speak English, so they are very helpful if you are clueless.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Still Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Ganesh hasn't changed a bit: still good food, slow to respond, and average prices.
Yes, the servers are a bit slow to respond but I've found this to be not uncommon in most Chinese restaurants I've visited since I've been coming here in 2004.
Food was good and on par with most Indian restaurants in the U.S.
Prices are higher when compared to Chinese or Western restaurants in Suzhou but I've found this to be a common occurrence in many Indian restaurants. I will tell you that I've made Indian dishes before and needless to say if I had an Indian restaurant I'd be wealthy.

• Visited July 2013