“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Fraser Suites Suzhou
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.88 Suhui Road, Suzhou 215021, China   |
Ranked #600 of 1,021 Hotels in Suzhou
Suzhou, China
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been in Suzhou for 14 months and have lived in Fraser Suites for a little more than 12 months now and I have nothing but good to say about the hotel, the services and its staff. My stay has been very pleasant and ALL the staff, from front lobby to room service, maids, cleaning crew and dining room, (Chris in sales, Stefanie assistance manager, Lobby staff Sivan, Michelle, Sandy, Joey, Edison, and many many others, ... too many to name) have always been very courteous and helpful and go out of their way to accommodate me. Front lobby staff all speak good English and that's been very helpful since my Chinese is not good at all. They always have made me feel welcome and have made this place a home away from home for me so I want to thank all of them here. I read a comment regarding taxis here ...There are plenty of taxi's available if you want to wait for them by the street, but I have always asked the lobby staff to call a taxi for me and have never had any problems with taxis here. Lobby staff have also helped me with everything I needed help with, from getting directions to places, writing it in Chinese so I could give it to taxi driver, to helping me getting train ticket to Shanghai, to calling and arranging for FedEx pickups, and always with a big smile. As for facility, rooms and all hotel facility is always very clean and staff works tirelessly and round the clock to keep it that way. My room is of an average one bedroom size with small office and a small kitchen equipped with almost everything I need to do a little cooking ( a good size refrigerator, three burner stove, microwave, a nice coffee maker, electric kettle, dishes, pots, etc.) and also a good brand washer/dryer which is very nice to have. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. I love the well-lit bathroom and especially the shower with very good water pressure and nice size bath tub. I should also mention the nice electronics in the rooms including a nice set of flat screen TVs in living room and bedroom, with a nice DVD player/speaker system (living room), and alarm clock / iPhone charger. Fraser does offer smaller rooms and also larger rooms but for me, my room size is perfect. I live on 41st floor and even though there is construction going on in front of my room, it has never bothered me. Food is good. I have breakfast every day at the hotel (part of my package). The breakfast is buffet style and includes both western and Chinese style meals, including made to order omelets. Again staff is very friendly and greets you with a big smile every morning. I also occasionally order dinner from the dining room. Food is good and prices reasonable. There is also a private dining room for long stay residents to have breakfast on sixth floor. This room turns into a lounge after breakfast and is a nice quiet place to do some work or read paper or just surf the internet while enjoying a cup of complementary coffee, or tea and some cookies. Speaking of coffee, I love the coffee they serve here. The coffee makers in dining rooms and the lounge (not the one in the room) is the kind that grinds fresh coffee beans and makes the coffee so it tastes great. The exercise room, the yoga room, and a nice kid’s play area (indoor and outdoor) are all located on 6th floor. Also there is a beautiful green courtyard with a large pond and an outdoor swimming pool on the 6th floor (on the roof top of the adjacent shopping mall). The swimming pool is of course open only during warmer season (mid spring to mid fall). Fraser sponsors a few social gatherings for the long term stay residents with complimentary food, beverages and entertainment where residents can enjoy good food and get to one another better. Also, I often use the lounge on 55th floor. There is a bar, a massage room (two massage chairs), a pool(billiards) room. this lounge offers a great view of the city. Hotel also offers complimentary wireless internet access throughout the hotel (there is wired access in the room). I believe the internet access is routed through Taiwan which makes access to Facebook and YouTube available enabling me to keep in touch with family and friends and share the beautiful picture of the city with them. The speed at times is slow and that might be one improvement I like to see. As for location, Hotel is located in a very good area of the city near Jinji lake. The location is very convenient for me. There are several western style restaurants and grocery stores within a few minutes of walking distance. There are many stores, shops, banks and ATM machines within walking distance from the hotel. Subway is right next to the hotel which is very convenient for me and I use it very often. The subway station also hosts all kind of restaurants and stores, including a Starbucks, a KFC, and a large grocery store with many imported goods. Overall my stay has been very pleasant and I highly recommend this hotel. Whether you are traveling solo, as a couple or with kids, for business or pleasure, Fraser is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room which has an open view. Some rooms face the twin tower (east side) which blocks your v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Reception service is prompt and good when you need an assistance. This place makes me feel like home. The place is near subway line and it's convenient to travel to town or even have a place for business meeting. I have been frequent this place for more than 12 calendar months, should I have chance I will come often to stay for business visit.

Room Tip: Get higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was not ready when we arrived, two hours after checking in. The receptionist was not friendly. We had get the room cleaned again. Went Oct 13 and big building works next door was very loud and went on all night. The room was very nice though and room service is very reasonably priced. The location is near subway but not easy to get a taxi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are nice, the service is bad. The management ot Fraser does what they want and not what the customer wants or needs. No customer service!
Prices are rising and the service goes down. I am on business in Suzhou and the Fraser has for me the advantage of the central location. If I'm only a few weeks in Suzho I stay in other hotels. The breakfast offered is becoming simply and monotonous.
Currently construction going on next to the hotel. You will still be able to enjoy the noise for the next months by day and night!
If you stay in Fraser, check the room side far from the noise!

Room Tip: North and a high floor above the 32 floor with less noice! There are various room sizes are also av...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel to Suzhou several time a year. After the Fraser Suites is open, it becomes my first choice. The room is clean and tidy, the bed large and cozy. There is also a kitchen and washing machine which makes it feel like home. Also the breakfast on 2F is really nice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked a room with Fraser Suzhou for a business trip and my experience there was satisfactory. The room was tidy and cozy with a stunning city view. The staff members there were very professional and attentive, striving to provide top-rated service. Location wise, it was very convenient for me to meet business counterparts. I will definitely choose Fraser again if visiting Suzhou again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ORANGE, MA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I last did a review of the Fraser Suites hotel after my 1st & 2nd stay there & stated in that review I would be returning again in May for a 5 week stay. The trip in April/May 2013 was for just over 5 weeks and I am happy to say nothing at the Fraser Hotel had changed as far as the rooms & service is concerned.
We arrived in early April for a 5 week business trip & as usual the check-in went smooth, the rooms were in very good shape & the staff was as helpful as always. The only difference I noticed was the 6th floor breakfast that I usually used was more crowded most mornings no matter what time I went there so I switched to the 1st floor dining room. This is the larger of the 2 breakfast areas so the extra space worked better this time, for me.
As I mentioned before, the highlight of the hotel for me is the large sized kitchen area. 3 weeks into our trip we were joined by 2 more co-workers, so now there were 5 of us staying at the hotel, and we decided to again make use of the kitchen & cook our own dinner. This may not seem like a big deal to some but aftyer traveling to Suzhou for 15 years & this hotel being the only 1 I have stayed at with these accomodations, trust me, it does help break up the monotone of eating out every night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fraser Suites Suzhou? Share your experiences!