“Modern venue in Wuhan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Wuhan Wuchang

You added Westin Wuhan Wuchang to your Saves list
Westin Wuhan Wuchang
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.96 Linjiang Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430062, China   |
Ranked #18 of 1,979 Hotels in Wuhan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego
“Modern venue in Wuhan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for 1 evening, arriving around 10pm and departing early at 6am. So, I was unable to sample all its amenities, but for a weary business travel, it covered all the necessities: Easy and quick check-in; helpful and courteous staff; and comfortable and clean room. The decor was modern in typical Western style, and frankly, from within the confines of the room, one would never know that he/she was in Wuhan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Sameer ,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at the Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

It’s always rewarding to receive such positive feedback and we are all pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. Hopefully next time you can stay for longer!

Matthew Everson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was a real treat. I chose to stay at the Westin as there was a conference being held there. The lobby has a grand chandelier which really sets the tone. The staff are superb with good English (ideal for a non-Chinese speaker like me). The room is huge and well decorated. The bathroom is also huge. It was also nice to have a caffetier in the bedroom as well. Nice spa and gym too. Breakfast was good and it was nice to be seated at the table.

Location wise I can't really say. It was my first time to Wuhan and it was a flying visit so I stayed within the hotel. It was within an hour of the airport.

The only down point to staying here is that is has raised the bar for hotels. There won't be many that will beat this hotel in China!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear “Lee_rb81”

Thank you for giving feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding our facilities and service.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards – Matthew
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel:
By the river, which is a plus if you can get a river view room. Around 8-10 min walk to the metro station. But you are likely to rely on taxi.

Check in:
Average. Staff did not ask me to choose welcome gift for SPG gold. No room upgrade. I couldn't see any difference between member and non-member.

Room:
Room size is small for executive room. Other than that the room was fine.

Executive lounge:
The place was nice. It was quiet with a river view. But the food/drinks offered was not. Drink offer was limited. Food offered during evening hours was fine, but breakfast was not nice. Food served was not fresh.

Restaurant:
Dinner buffet was a joke. Most food served was awful. They were not fresh when I visited at 6:30 pm. Service was not good either. Staff didn't pay attention to the details. Problems I found that night are:

1. No water refill - I sit there for 2 hrs and no one ever refill my cup of water.
2. Staff only collect used dishes when I had like 3-4 of them stacked on table.
3. There were some kind of "lamp" that keep the food warm. But not all of them were switched on.
4. Hot dishes did not look fresh. Roast meat was overcooked.
5. There is no spoon - The dessert section had no spoon available. The staff there said "there should be one on your table", but not true. I end up using a fork to eat ice cream.

Check out
Very efficient. Staff proactively asked the comments of my stay. When I told them my thought they listened and even took some notes on my comments.

Overall
Quite disappointed. Given the quality of the lounge, executive room not worth the extra cost. You have great hardware, and you could do a lot better than this. You got to train up your staff, especially pay attention to the details.

Room Tip: Executive room not worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback on your stay with us.

I have already shared your comments with the team so that we can take immediate measures for improvement. I do apologize that your experience on this occasion fell short of your expectations. Please be assured we are always seeking to improve the service we offer our guests and this cannot be achieved without honest feedback such as yours.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Matthew
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had the opporotunity to stay a couple of nights at the Westin Wuhan Wuchang while on business. This hotel was very nice, and I will stay here again when I travel to Wuhan.

The room was spacious and clean, however internet was slow at times and made it cumbersome to work. Also, the wifi did not work as well as I would have thought it should.

I did not use the gym or pool so I cannot personally comment, but a colleague did use the pool a couple of times and besides it being a little crowded, he did say it was nice.

The breakfast buffet was very good, with a large selection of foods both Western and traditional and I was never hungry before lunch while on my visit to Wuhan.

Overall my stay at the Westin was good and I look forward to staying there again when I visit Wuhan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Jason,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay at the Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

It’s always rewarding to receive such positive feedback and we are all pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. In regards to the internet, please be assured we are working on a solution to this!

Matthew Everson
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed there because its 5 star quality. It does provided such quality, in this sence, we have no complain. We like their decoration, etc.

However, The Starwood hotel chain might have a policy of charging clients for internet use, and with a hefty rate. We have experienced this in Sharaton Changsha, and this time here. I cannot figure why, the internet usage is so popular these days, and most Chinese hotels, expensive or not, all provide free internet use in their guest rooms.

Perhaps the staff in the lobby may want to desipline a little for those guests (or non-guests) occupying the rest area sofa. I know it may be hard in this environment. I am going to share a pictue of people just sleeping there and occupying all the seats. This does not post a good image for a 5 star hotel like this. Do what you can do, I guess.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Niubell

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at The Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We did note your comments regarding internet and guests 'relaxing' in the lobby and will certainly take action to improve that for the future.

As always we strive for service improvement and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards
Matthew
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When in Wuhan, the best place to stay is the Westin, the rooms, amenities, restaurants (best steak and caesar salad), gym, and of course the heavenly bed!!! As well a great GM and staff at the hotel who go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. I will be back :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Jeffrey,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

Regards Matthew
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights in July.
Nicely located on the river bank but not near the city center. Hotel lobby was grand and impressive. Room has wonderful decor with luxurious bathroom. Very good view if the room is facing the river.
The bed was extremely soft that I couldn't sleep in it. The staff tried to put a wooden board on top of the mattress and it became too hard to sleep on. Unfortunately I had to sleep on the small couch throughout my stay.
Nice indoor swimming pool but water was a little cool though.
Hugh coffee shop on the ground floor which served good selection buffet breakfast. Decent food but restaurant service was pretty bad for a Westin hotel.
This hotel has the possibility of becoming a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMWestinWuhan, General Manager at Westin Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear BPK123

Thanks for your review of the Westin Wuhan Wuchang.

We were very pleased to read that overall you found the hotel to your satisfaction however I was dissapointed to see that you found the Westin Heavenly Bed too soft for your liking. We will look into options to see if this can be adjusted for your next stay.

As always we are grateful for constructive feedback and will look to improve the service provided in our Seasonal Tastes restaurant.

We do hope we have the oppotunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Best wishes - Matthew

Been to Westin Wuhan Wuchang? Share your experiences!