Our family stayed there for 3 nights, my parents with our 3-year old daughter had a deluxe twin river view room, and we with our 1-year old boy stayed in a beautiful corner room.
- Fantastic location, new and modern rooms and facilities, the lobby is very grand with beautiful furniture.
- Both rooms are quite spacious, the twin room has 2 double beds. Our room has a king size bed, with the baby cot hotel provided complimentarily, it is still very roomy. The beds are soft and comfy, which is quite rare in Chinese hotels.
- The garden is surprisingly quiet, the kids had a wonderful time playing around the fountains and pathes, looking at beautiful blooms.
- Neatly tucked out of sight behind the main restaurant, there's a little kids play area. Not sure whether we're the only family with kids there or other people just don't bother asking, again, it was sufficient to keep the kids entertained while the adults finished our meals in peace.
- Staff at Front Desk and Concierge are very efficient, helpful, polite and friendly.
- Service is generally pretty good, however I do find the response time of housekeeping is a bit slow, to the point that we had to call them 3 times.
- To my surprise, the housekeeping didn't have bedding and blanket for the baby cot provided. We had to order an extra blanket in our name to give to the baby. I understand it's for safety purpose, but would be good if some sort of light and small linens are available.
- Except a handful of staff at the front desk who speaks good English, most of other departments seem to struggle a bit there.
The Bad (sorry, but it has to come):
- The most unsatisfying breakfast I have ever had in a hotel, notice I didn't say 5-star hotel? Any hotels. A large selection, I give you that, both Chinese/asian style and western style, which makes the matter worst - none was up to standard. When my husband asked the egg station for poached eggs, they answered "we don't have poached eggs for breakfast", seriously? Then when do you make poached eggs?! Other food are either too bland, too hard, undercooked, overcooked, you name it. We had 3 breakfasts, so it was not just one bad day. I would seriously recommend go out and get local breakfast.
- Still on breakfast, but service. Coffee and tea service. Admittedly we have 4 adults, everyone has different preference. Day 1, no one even come to ask for coffee or tea until we're nearly ready to go. Day 2, we told the waitress when she led us to the table, 30mins later, nothing. We had to order again. Day 3, they came, 2 out of 4 were wrong.
I understand Westin WuChang is a very new hotel, but also the very first "big name" hotel in the area. You've got the location and hardware right, now it's time to focus on the service, and let it really shine.
Ask for a room with bathroom not facing the residential high rise buildings across the road, and it...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your feedback, as it is greatly appreciated.
Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay.
Your positiver comments have been noted, as well your constructive points are a focus for us here at the Westin Wuhan.
I would like to further discuss with you via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being from melbourne myself and enjoying a good cup of coffee, i can appreciate your concern with the lack of a satisfactory breakfast experience.
I look forward to further communication, as well as seeing you here again.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.