“Great City, Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of New Gloria Hotel

You added New Gloria Hotel to your Saves list
New Gloria Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.259 Central Street, Daoli District, Harbin 150010, China (Formerly New Gloria Plaza Hotel)   |
Ranked #76 of 926 Hotels in Harbin
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great City, Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2006

Absolutley the worst service I have ever encountered. We left a suitcase with the concierge for a night while we travelled to Yabuli Ski Resort on a tour booked with the travel agency on the second floor of the hotel. First, we returned from the disasterous tour only to find that our lock on our suitcase was missing and it appeared as though the lugguage had been rummaged through although nothing was taken. We called the hotel manager who finally arrived in our hotel room more than 30 minutes later. The only thing he said was "sorry".
The next day we went to the travel agency on the second floor of the hotel to inquire about extra costs on our Yabuli Ski "Resort" tour. The tour guide, of our one night, two day tour, who spoke not one word of English, charged us for a ski pass which was supposed to be included in the total cost of the tour package. I confronted the travel agency and demanded a refund on the money that we had paid the tour guide ($40 CAD approx)The way that they handled the situation was trully appalling. At first the travel agent said that I should'nt have given the guide any money and that it was my fault that I had lost the money. She then proceeded to "bargain" with me until we finally reached the entire amount of what I was owed. She then literally threw the money in my face and had one of the other travel agents follow me to the elevator. She grabbed my arm as I attempted to get on the lift and then held her finger on the elevator button so the door would not close. It was only after I pressed the emerergency button did she finally leave me alone. I immediatley went to the manager to explain the entire situation to them and absolultley nothing was done about it. It was truly the most horrible travelling experience I have ever had.

• Stayed February 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to New Gloria Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Gloria Hotel

Address: No.259 Central Street, Daoli District, Harbin 150010, China (Formerly New Gloria Plaza Hotel)
Location: China > Heilongjiang > Harbin
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service
#61 Best Value Hotel in Harbin
Hotel Class:3.5 star — New Gloria Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your New Gloria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gloria Hotel Harbin

If you own or manage New Gloria Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.