“Simply But The Best !” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Harbin Shangzhi

You added Hotel Ibis Harbin Shangzhi to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Harbin Shangzhi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.92 Zhaolin Street, Daoli District, Harbin 150010, China   |
Ranked #11 of 922 Hotels in Harbin
Bandung
“Simply But The Best !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was stay here for 2 nights and so far when i have been stay here are good and satisfied, staff is very friendly and attentive
The local food just right at the next door that is make us easy to find for lunch or dinner even breakfast if you have not breakfast included at you room package.
Very near to St. Sophia Church and easy to arrange for ice world expo festival in lobby hotel because there is a local travel agent will help you go to ice world expo or full day Harbin City tour that's make you easy to explore Harbin City.
I am very happy to stay here, very recommended and i love Harbin !!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Unpleasant experience in regards to house keeping and check out. There's no one cleaning the room despite we stayed for 2 nights - we called front desk to ask for new towels and waited for 20 minutes to be given a towel. When we asked for new paper cups (paper cups instead of glass are provided) we were given a replied by house keeper that we should have requested it at one go because it takes a lot of effort to get these things. We replied that our room are not tidied up (it was 9pm the next day) and the house keeper told us she has a few hundred rooms to clean every day. The paper cups arrived in another 30 minutes. There was a long queue at check out and staff were disorganized despite no one jump queue. There were multi queues and front desk ignored us and served other customers despite us being in front of the line. After returning our deposit, they ignored our request on the status of the cab driver till we repeatedly ask in a more stern manner. This is clearly not what we have experienced in other Ibis chain around the world.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was cheap, so dingy lobby is expected.

But the long dark hair in my bed that wasn't mine? Super slow check out process that certainly didn't help me get to the airport on time, waiting 20 minutes to check out after being called by reception and asked if I was leaving at 5:05pm even though I had technically paid til 6pm, and just happened to mention I 'that's fine, I'm leaving at 5'.

Not impressed.

And the tour booked through staff in the lobby to go to the ice festival LEFT ME BEHIND on the way back, even though I ensured I was ready and waiting early to avoid this exact issue. Ended up having to get a taxi back, not a huge issue except I had no map or anything and it took 10-15 minutes to explain to the driver where I needed to go. Usually I would ensure to have instructions or addresses in Mandarin, but didn't think I needed it on a tour!!

I also stood around and wandered back and forth in front of the entrance for way too long waiting for the tour to show up, and ended up with blotchy bruises on my feet that looked like mild frostbite. thanks guys.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

After reading quite a lot of negative reviews here, I considered cancelling my booking. But the hotel turned out to be what I wanted: clean modern rooms and great location. Walking distance from the riverbanks, next to the Zhaolin Park where you can see part of the ice festival and 2 minutes walk from Sophia Church. Reception staff speak a bit of English, which helped. The only downside was a reception area lacking seating area and WIFI not available in the rooms. But overall I did enjoy my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Nothing special about this place - chain hotel.
Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast is paltry with virtually no choices - don't bother, go and find the Starbucks just down the road!
We stayed for two nights to see the Ice Festival and for what we paid it was excellent value, considering the hotels could charge an absolute premium at that time of year.
The location is excellent and I would despite the average rating recommend this to any friends going to Harbin for the festival.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Purrmerend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Ok, this place is cheap, the rooms smell a bit musty and the sheets a kind of grey, but the location is just good. A lot of things in the neighborhood, a tour service for the icefestival and the staff speaks english. All in all a good stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews left by previous travellers I was pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for somewhere basic but comfortable and central, particularly for the Ice Festival, and don't want to shell out for the likes of the Sofitel or the Sheraton, you could a lot worse than the Ibis. My double room was clean, warm and comfortable, with complimentary bottled water and a hair dryer (though no safe) in the room. The bed was pretty hard but this is pretty much standard throughout China. Plenty of hot water in the morning. Didn't eat breakfast as it wasn't included but there are Western coffee shops (Starbucks, Costa) a few minutes walk away on Zhongyang Lu anyway. I found the staff generally helpful and friendly although front desk service cold be slow at times. There is wifi in the small lobby but none in the rooms - annoying but again pretty standard for a Chinese hotel.

The hotel is handy for the shops and restaurants along Zhongyang Lu and for getting out and about to the Ice Festival. Short walk to the Cathedral, about a ten minute walk north to the river and Zhaolin Park where the ice sculpture displays are. A metered taxi ride to the Snow Expo on Sun Island and the Ice and Snow World park should only be about RMB 20. Cab from the airport should be around RMB 150, watch out for opportunistic cabbies trying to charge more, especially if you don't speak Chinese - mine tried to charge RMB 200 and when I said that was too much, cheerfully told me "Well I normally charge foreigners RMB 300 if they can't understand Chinese".

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Ibis Harbin Shangzhi? Share your experiences!