“no service hotel - totally not a value for money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harbin International Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Harbin International Hotel to your Saves list
Harbin International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.4 Xidazhi Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150028, China   |
Ranked #9 of 927 Hotels in Harbin
“no service hotel - totally not a value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First of all, this hotel is very old and you can see it from outside. Than you go in and you are amazed by the public areas that ar beautiful art deco style. Than you go into your room and there is no more art deco but a room that cries for a seriuos renovation. I don`t mind the facilities being extremly old and broken as long as the service is.. is there! We checked in to the hotel and unfortunately (durning chinese new year the average hotel occ is between 15-20%) there was no king size beds.. surprising, big hotel, low occupancy no king size beds.. fine.. so we asked assistant manager if Houskeeping can connect two beds for us.. No. Why? Just no. (just a remider that in normal hotels if the beds are not fixed to the wall are just being connected by houskeeping or butler - as the guest requests). So we went upstairs and my husband connected the beds by himself. From time to tome you can smell the toilet odor in whole room - even if you do not use it. Than we were woken up by water leaking form ceeling hole. So we put towels on night lamps so that we could sleep. Next day I went for breakfast (the only hotel I have seen that serves breakfast from 7-9). I went 8.30... Nothing left on the buffet!!!!! No coffee!!! I ordered cappucino.. "No have" - I heared!!! than I went to buffet.. empty...so I searched for bread.. I found rolls (wow!). I tried to cut them but they were hard as a rock so the knife slipped nad I cut my finger badly. I ran to the bar showing my finger cut and badly bleeding! they gave me paper napkings from guest table... No coments. So I got a little bit mad becasue this was just enough and and one girl got me proper stuff to take care of the wund. I went to reception and asked for gen eral managers business card "no have" was he answer. Ridiculous. Assistant manager tried to cover all this mess by giving his email. Finally youg boy found it in the back office. Checked out, no ferwell no nothing. this is totally not worth that money. 88 rmb for empty breakfast buffet?! go to starbucks. I suggest go to real international hotel like Shangri La or Holiday Inn but not this pseudo international hotel without service and leaking rooms.
I am a hotelier myself, dear guest please remember that STAR Classification does not describe service. It only describes facilities for instance this hotel is classifed as a 4* however there is no room service, concierge service, empty minibar. Service in hotels no matter if it is 1* or 7* must be excellent since this is hospitality.

I would not have written such a comment if the service was much more helpful...becasue actually not the leeking ceeling or dirt behind the bed made my unhappy.. but the assistant manager saying "no" to everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a very pleasant hotel located close to the city's major university (Harbin Institute of Technology or HIT). The hotel is has a nicely restored look and feel of past times with modern amenities. Especially good for those who like comfort and decent service without the sterility of newer hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Great old art deco hotel, beautifully restored and great value for money. Get a suite and pamper yourself - affordable luxury. If you're in Harbin, stay here!

Room Tip: Book online and get a suite.