There are probably too many good hotels to choose in Sanya; but I decided to return to MO again based on my first experience 2 years ago. And it proves to be no disappointment as an overall.
We were given our room upon early arrival around 0930hr. Well done to accommodate us. I had to sleep a night at Guangzhou airport while transiting just to catch this morning flight to Sanya.
The room was again, clean, large, beautiful and sufficient amenities. Only thing was there was no turndown done on the first night.
The privacy and tranquility is there, as usual. The first day we tried the mee outlet again as I recalled it was really delicious. Unfortunately the Hainan Local Noodle was a bit tasteless; probably cos I have developed a stronger taste bud over the years. That night we had drinks at the Sunset bar, and the drinks were really well mixed; and the satay was filling that I don't have the stomach for dinner anymore.
I tried the room service on the second day afternoon recalling it was really great 2 years ago, but the standard of the food has deteriorated unfortunately.
That night we went to Fresh for our dinner, the food was pricy of course, but in all honesty, I don't think the oyster nor sirloin steak very special. I don't like the fact that we were asked sparkling or water when a bottle of Evian was brought. It is too embarrassed for me to ask for normal ice water when the Evian was brought up to my partner. Also, the bill was wrong but the staff was quick to politely apologize.
The breakfast was cleverly setup; though not many food item but able to minimize manning. On both mornings, the coffee was never refilled unless asked. Guess too busy. Also, the egg station chef should be a bit more smiley and engaging than the rest of the chef as many would go to him and ask for eggs to be done in this or that way.
On my departure, the Concierge was very helpful to arrange a free car to go to the road outside to catch a taxi to airport. Checked out was efficient. The golf carts staff are very nice and friendly; suggest the front desk to have a guest relations staff engaging more proactively with the guests.
On the overall, this is a fantastic hotel that deserves to be returned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay and nestled amongst lush tropical flora, Mandarin Oriental, Sanya is an exclusive retreat where nature is celebrated and tranquillity is assured. The luxury resort features a series of private low rise and villa accommodation with ocean and tropical garden views, innovative restaurants and bars, recreational facilities for both adults and children, a blissful Spa Village and distinctive indoor and outdoor conference and banqueting facilities. Located just 20 minutes from Sanya International Airport, the luxury resort provides convenient access to all of the area's major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Sanya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Sanya
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya Hainan