“Poor value” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Yalong Bay National Resort District, Sanya 572000, China   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #6 of 1,159 Hotels in Sanya
Almaty
“Poor value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The staff speaks little English, it results in a number of misunderstandings: orders mixed up, etc etc. In 9 ot of ten cases we had wrong orders brought to us.
Food is very bad quality. Its better to eat in neigbouring Ritz Carlton.
Spa is obnoxious. Thirty minutes of wait and receive a very dissapointing treatment!
Gym is hot, AC does not work.
Kids club is very good.

• Stayed December 2012
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear sunpleaseplz,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your stay with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in a number of areas. I have reviewed your comments with our team in detail to ensure we make immidiate improvements to these.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback, which will certainly help us in our aim to deliver excellence knowing where will still need to improve.
Stephan Stoss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This is my second stay and the hotel is still a nice place to chill out with your family. Had connecting room on high floor at block 7 with nice sea view to enjoy and relax. Rooms were big, nicely decorated and well laid out with bath room next to the balcony which was refreshing to wake up to with full sea view.

There are many pools to choose from and they are all great for all ages. The beach was huge, clean and not busy and there are beach activities, such as, para sailing, water scooter, etc, which you need to pay.

The food at china harvest was excellent and my family enjoyed most of our dinners there. Service at the hotel was top notch as most of the staff go all their ways to please you and make your stay memorable. On this point, I would like to commend the staff there for being honest and went all the way to find the iPhone which my son left in the room when we checked out. We only discovered it on our way to the airport and it was too late to turn back or we will miss the flight. We called the hotel and the staff went to look and find the phone straight away which we were most grateful. The staff had difficulty in sending the phone by courier back to us in hong kong and tried a few alternatives and all the time never giving up trying to sent the phone to us. We finally managed to resolve the problem by sending the phone to another city in china which was convenient for us to pick up. For this, the staff should be commended on and my wife had sent our appreciation to the hotel for having such a wonderful staff and team working in this wonderful hotel. If we have the chance to come back to sanya in the near future, we will definitely stay in this hotel and look up the staff who had helped to recover my son's iPhone. Thanks again

Room Tip: Choose the high floor room with sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear holee,
thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time with your family here at the Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa. Thank you very much for your kind words on our team members. We are indeed very fortunate to have so many wonderful team members working at our Resort. I will certainly share your kind words with them. We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Resort when your travels will bring you back to Sanya.
Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It was a blind shot on the way from Tibet to Hainan Island to take a week off on before the rest of the trip. And although it was blind it was shot for 10 points out of ten. we got there 2:00 a.m. and although it was middle of the night we were welcomed as we were the most expected guests that very day. the next day made even more surprises like amazing breakfast, full scale leisure equipment and activities, amazing beach, and restaurants where chefs know the score. we had club room and and it was just more like upscale suite than "room". and let me tell you something. i travelled few times to Hainan every time different resort. out of them nothing can beat Hilton Sanya at any level.

Dear MaciejTPL,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your reperiences at our Resort. We are indeed very delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sanya Resort & Spa in the near future.
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

During my last trip to China, I had the chance to stop to Hainan for business.
I stayed at Hilton, and it was really a great stop.
The rooms are superb, I had an ocean view.
The beach is clean, the sea was warm.
They have 2 restaurants: one is chinese: great, and the other one:Ize is western and offer great seafood!!!
The spa is great and very peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Pierre C. ,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are very happy to read that you had a pleasant and enjoyable time with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sanya and to our Resort in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Visited Hanan Island to play golf and stayed at the Hilton in Yalong Bay about 30 minutes drive from Sanya airport.
The hotel and resort facilities are very, very good.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Large rooms with al facilities you could want
Good breakfasts and good resturants.
Numerous pools suitable for all age groups and a good safe beach.
Overall a lovely place with a climate very similar to Hawaii.
Would go back again for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear NTP 1000,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. I am very delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In case we can assist you with future reservations at any of the golf courses on Hainan Island, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be delighted to make these arrangements for you as well.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We decided to come here with our two year old toddler as an alternative to the typical China tours and it was the best decision made on this trip. This is the perfect place to vacation with little ones who will enjoy the many pools this hotel has to offer. It is located some distance from the airport and city, but once you get here, you won't want to leave. We enjoyed swimming and playing on the beach everyday. Since it is secluded, we ate at the hotel restaurants most of the time, which is more expensive than the city. There is a market and restaurant about 10 minutes walk from the hotel or you can catch a taxi to the nearest mini shopping area 百花谷 "Bai Hua Gu", which offers much more restaurant choices. The rooms here are very large with a huge tub and shower. A large balcony overlooks green grassy area and a beautiful view of the ocean, sunrise, and sunset. The breakfast buffet offered more than we could eat and service was excellent. Overall was an excellent experience if you are looking for a place like Hawaii closer to China.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephan S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear LHYoung,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and that you had such a wonderful time at our pools and beach, while we are equally pleased that you enjoyed our other facilities and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort soon.
Best regards and thank you again for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

When I arrived I requested an upgrade based on my Hilton membership. I was told that we would recieve points but that was all. OK, no problem, so how much for an Ocean View that I thought I booked. I was told that I had partial Ocean view but could upgrade for only 200 RMB per night. OK again so what is my new total for what I thought I booked in the first place? Almost 1,000 RMB more per night !!! Why, well there were additional charges. I argued until translator was able to let them know that I would switch hotels. After 45 minutes to check in, they agreed to only 200 additional per night plus taxes. When I checked out on a Saturday morning, they had charged additional for my Friday stay. I get it but would have been nice if notified in the first place.

Only 2 choices to eat downstairs. Breakfast was included and was acceptable. I found Lunch and Dinner costs to be over priced for the meal. If you take taxi less than one mile, there are many choices at "bai hua vally". Little Lamb has great hot pot.

The pool is great. Service there was much better.

The ocean and sand is worth the trip.

Room was nice. Get ready to walk if you want this type of room "Ocean View". It is at the end of the hotel.

I just expected more from this Hotel. Hilton is known for customer service and this hotel is not like any other Hitlon I have visited. We called with problems in the room and were greeted by very nice people. Overall, I would not stay there again. Pool english, had to watch every charge, and fight for the correct pricing several times.

At the end, I just agreed with pricing and tried to enjoy my stay.

My suggestion to Hilton: First impression sets the mood. Do not promise an upgrade to suite for 500 RMB and then demand 600 RMB per night plus additional charges. If Ocean view is 200 more per night, then let customer know total charges that will be applied at the end if the stay. Ask if customer wants a smoking room so they will not need to move to a Non-smoking room after check in. Have a staff member that understands English, smiles and lets customer know they are welcomed to this beautiful resort. Rember that the customer will only get upset if they don't get what they are promissed. There is alot of competition in Sanya for our dollars. We want to relax and work when necessary. Wi Fi should be installed.

Room Tip: Must request Non-smoking if that is what you want. Ocean view is far from lobby but very nice. Lob...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!