“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Yalong Bay National Resort District, Sanya 572000, China (Yalong Bay)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #10 of 1,167 Hotels in Sanya
Bordeaux, France
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

During my last trip to China, I had the chance to stop to Hainan for business.
I stayed at Hilton, and it was really a great stop.
The rooms are superb, I had an ocean view.
The beach is clean, the sea was warm.
They have 2 restaurants: one is chinese: great, and the other one:Ize is western and offer great seafood!!!
The spa is great and very peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Pierre C. ,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are very happy to read that you had a pleasant and enjoyable time with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sanya and to our Resort in the near future.
Best regards
Stephan Stoss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Visited Hanan Island to play golf and stayed at the Hilton in Yalong Bay about 30 minutes drive from Sanya airport.
The hotel and resort facilities are very, very good.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Large rooms with al facilities you could want
Good breakfasts and good resturants.
Numerous pools suitable for all age groups and a good safe beach.
Overall a lovely place with a climate very similar to Hawaii.
Would go back again for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear NTP 1000,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. I am very delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In case we can assist you with future reservations at any of the golf courses on Hainan Island, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be delighted to make these arrangements for you as well.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We decided to come here with our two year old toddler as an alternative to the typical China tours and it was the best decision made on this trip. This is the perfect place to vacation with little ones who will enjoy the many pools this hotel has to offer. It is located some distance from the airport and city, but once you get here, you won't want to leave. We enjoyed swimming and playing on the beach everyday. Since it is secluded, we ate at the hotel restaurants most of the time, which is more expensive than the city. There is a market and restaurant about 10 minutes walk from the hotel or you can catch a taxi to the nearest mini shopping area 百花谷 "Bai Hua Gu", which offers much more restaurant choices. The rooms here are very large with a huge tub and shower. A large balcony overlooks green grassy area and a beautiful view of the ocean, sunrise, and sunset. The breakfast buffet offered more than we could eat and service was excellent. Overall was an excellent experience if you are looking for a place like Hawaii closer to China.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephan S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear LHYoung,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and that you had such a wonderful time at our pools and beach, while we are equally pleased that you enjoyed our other facilities and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort soon.
Best regards and thank you again for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

When I arrived I requested an upgrade based on my Hilton membership. I was told that we would recieve points but that was all. OK, no problem, so how much for an Ocean View that I thought I booked. I was told that I had partial Ocean view but could upgrade for only 200 RMB per night. OK again so what is my new total for what I thought I booked in the first place? Almost 1,000 RMB more per night !!! Why, well there were additional charges. I argued until translator was able to let them know that I would switch hotels. After 45 minutes to check in, they agreed to only 200 additional per night plus taxes. When I checked out on a Saturday morning, they had charged additional for my Friday stay. I get it but would have been nice if notified in the first place.

Only 2 choices to eat downstairs. Breakfast was included and was acceptable. I found Lunch and Dinner costs to be over priced for the meal. If you take taxi less than one mile, there are many choices at "bai hua vally". Little Lamb has great hot pot.

The pool is great. Service there was much better.

The ocean and sand is worth the trip.

Room was nice. Get ready to walk if you want this type of room "Ocean View". It is at the end of the hotel.

I just expected more from this Hotel. Hilton is known for customer service and this hotel is not like any other Hitlon I have visited. We called with problems in the room and were greeted by very nice people. Overall, I would not stay there again. Pool english, had to watch every charge, and fight for the correct pricing several times.

At the end, I just agreed with pricing and tried to enjoy my stay.

My suggestion to Hilton: First impression sets the mood. Do not promise an upgrade to suite for 500 RMB and then demand 600 RMB per night plus additional charges. If Ocean view is 200 more per night, then let customer know total charges that will be applied at the end if the stay. Ask if customer wants a smoking room so they will not need to move to a Non-smoking room after check in. Have a staff member that understands English, smiles and lets customer know they are welcomed to this beautiful resort. Rember that the customer will only get upset if they don't get what they are promissed. There is alot of competition in Sanya for our dollars. We want to relax and work when necessary. Wi Fi should be installed.

Room Tip: Must request Non-smoking if that is what you want. Ocean view is far from lobby but very nice. Lob...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Hilton Sanya Resort and Spa is a 5 star resort experience in China. We stayed there for 7 nights just recently. Sanya reminded me of the resorts in Bali as there is one hotel next to the other. The Hilton is located in Yalong Bay on the nicest stretch of beach. As a Diamond member we were upgraded to an Oceanview Suite which was 2 seperate rooms with 2 plasma televisions. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, the view is beautiful overlooking the 6 lagoon swimming pools and the ocean. The staff do not speak alot of English but we were assigned an english speaking assistant and really the hotel did everything to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Sanya is only 1 hour flight from Hong Kong and after our 2 weeks business trip in China it was a much needed relaxing break. The rooms are very big and our suite had a huge round bath and shower in front of our bed that overlooked the balcony with views over the pools and ocean. If you are looking for a hotel in Sanya, this is the one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The structure is pretty, beautiful lagoon pool but the rooms are quite old and not functional. The breakfast is very good, the restaurant serve excellent food but like everything in this resort from water to sandwitch are absurdely expensive. The service is too much slow and nobody speaks an accettable english.
The beach is beautiful but limited.

• Stayed August 2012
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at beach front ocean view room (2F) for 2 nights. Hilton Sanya is a huge resort with beatiful beach and swimming pools. This resort should be quite popular in Sanya so there were many guests (especially during the breakfast time). Good foods from various restuarants.

Online pre-requests (adaptor & higher floor room) to the hotel were mere puff as they were not provided to me at the time of my arrival at 3:00pm. Lower-floor beach front ocean view room offers a confined sea view only (pls see photos). The room is big enough but the bath room equipments were not well maintained (especially of water tap & shower head).

I spend almost 20-25 min for check-out (included queuing time). Details of the bill were correct, so I did not know why it took so long time to proceed for check-out. Staffs were working hard but lack of interaction with guests (no smile & no greet).

Pros: Beautiful beach with very fine sand (great wave makes swimming not easy); a lot of sea sport activities nearby; Very big & fine swimmming pools. The resort is good for family travellers but not for couple expecting getaway vocation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephan S, General Manager at Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Leung0712,
thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences during your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that your overall impression of the Resort was very positive and that you enjoyed your time relaxing around the swimming pools and at the beach. I also sincerely appreciate your observations in areas were we still need to improve and I have discussed these shortcomings with our Operations Team Members to ensure that this will happen.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort when your travels will bring you back to Sanya and like to thank you again for having chosen to stay with us.
If I can be of any assistance in future please do not hesitate to let me know.
Best regards
Stephan Stoss

Been to Hilton Sanya Yalong Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!