There is a reason why this is ranked 38th in the Sanya hotel list. I should have trusted my instinct and the tripadvisor reviews and go for Ritz Carlton instead. Pls note that this is my first ever tripadvisor review and you know what? I am writing this right now after spending 4 hrs in this hotel. I cant even wait till i check out, this sums up my feelings.
This hotel is for sure not St Regis standard and I would put them on par with some local Chinese hotels. Here are the reasons:
1. Check in process is a joke. Guests had to queue up like waiting at McDonalds and when it comes to my turn, the staff just said wait a sec and walked off, I was unattended for 10 mins.
2. There is no QC for staff appearance. I am talking about basic tidyness. Stains on a few staff's shirts.
3. Room not properly cleaned. I see stains everywhere.
4. Chinese restaurant is a disgrace. I went for lunch at 2pm. As soon as I walked in I saw around 5 tables not being cleaned up after customers have gone. The scene was disgusting. 3 food items that we ordered ran out. Staff not properly trained it was very obvious and the manager was telling the waiter off quietly. The manager or head waiteress was a joke also. Everything was a joke.
5. This is my personal guess, but I assume the GM for this particular St Regis probably not one of the foreigners trained overseas in similar level of resorts. Otherwise the whole service level wont turn out like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort is ideally situated on a generous stretch of the most coveted location on Yalong Bay, with exclusive access to more than 800 meters of pristine coastline. A resort unlike any other on Hainan, the St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort offers wide appeal across a variety of audiences – from business executives to couples seeking romance to families seeking a fun and relaxing vacation. The resort is exquisitely designed with luxury in mind, offering 401 contemporary guest rooms including 28 beachside villas. The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort offers a world of epicurean experiences, with three full-service restaurants, a wine bar, and a tea room. In addition, the St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay will be the only resort in Sanya that offers the signature St. Regis butler service to all guests, as well as South China’s first Iridium Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Hotel Sanya
- The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort Hainan