We checked into the hotel on Mar 10, as a family of 4 with one teenager and one preteen. While there were some technical diificulties in the beginning involving the booking and the plunge pool, we would still recommend the hotel. I would start with the pros first because I am afraid the readers would all got turn off by the cons.
- Lovely maintained resort, beautiful and quiet beach, although the sea were wavely, did not stop us Canadians to swim.
- Very good buffet breakfast, best deal in the hotel with all you can drink fruit juices, although the selection was a bit limited, but every thing was done perfectly, one daughters loved the fried dumplings, muffins, pastries, egg tarts and we loved the ordered to make noodles. There were also dishes on menu and daily special (tried the truffle scrample eggs which was delicious).
-There was practically no one in the gym whenever I used it.
- Super helpful staff. Special thanks to Linda at front office, who went after work to buy phone sim cards for us and delivered them in person afterwards. Also Service Manager, Michael Liu for fixing a couple of problems for us. And the girl who standed at the entrance day and night to arrange transportation for the guests.
And the following are the cons:
- Upon check in, we found that Conrad did not receive the booking confirmation from Expedia, and it seemed that the local Conrad could not reach Expedia nor its own main office because it was a Sunday (Strange since we thought both offices work 24/7). But it did observe the same rate on Expedia confirmation and gave us an upgraded room (probably because my husband believed the problem would eventually be resolved and he is a Hilton gold member and also promptly gave his credit card for a large deposit when requested). We were assured the probelm would be resolved the next day, but no one contacted us Monday, until I showed up at the office for a different matter, and the front office representative told me he was just going to call us and let us know all matter resolved. However, I found out later from my husband that it was him who spent an hour with Expedia on the phone (with an agent by the name of Lorraine Steed, who was highly effective and competent), during which time the Expedia agent contacted the Conrad which still had difficulty finding my husband's name and reservation and could not locate the room number. (Which was strange because by that time we were quite famous in the hotel)
- We were given an upgrade to a plunge pool room in mid afternoon, which was great, but were told initially the pool was not ready. We checked the pool and it was somewhat dirty and water level was low, thinking the front office already knew the problem and would fix it soon, we left it as it was. We noticed the situation with the pool had not changed after dinner, so I complained to front office again, at least 3 front office employees were present and promised it would be fixed and they sent house keeping person to check the pool. He told me it was too late to drain the water and clean and refill the pool, and I was OK to wait till tomorrow. By mid afternoon the next day, the pool was in the same condition, and when I complained again, this time I was told that it was normal for the pool to have some dirts on the surface and water level low, but I pointed out the water level was more than 2 ft lower than the other pools, they said they would send someone over to check. When my husband finally lost patience and went to front office himself to rant and got the attention of the service manager, it was then that we were told there was a leak on the pool and pool maintanance people gone for the day and management offered to change our room. They could have done so much sooner.
- No review ever mentioned about the design of the washroom which we found strange, there were 2 sets of glass doors separating the bedroom from the washroom, and 1/3 of the separate toilet room and all of the shower stall are glass walls, meaning it is quite difficult to have complete privacy when you are doing your business.I guess it may be OK if you are with family.
All in all, we still love the Conrad, all waiting staff are friendly and helpful. My younger daughter thinks it is "awesome". My husband, after all the complaints and ranting, still thinks it is a gorgeous resort and wish we stayed longer. Will go back, this time make sure we have the booking sent before arrival.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear valued guest
Report response as inappropriate
First of all, please allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen to stay with us for your family holiday, and thank you very much for your recommendation on us.
We are sorry to learn the disappointing experience regarding the private pool you encountered in our resort. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences that caused during your stay. We’ve conducted necessary trainings to ensure this case won’t happen again in the future.
Moreover, we highly appreciate your comments as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improve both our products and quality of services. We sincerely hope that on your next visit we will deliver our promised service.
Look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to serve you and your family again!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.