“Nice place in middle of nowhere” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Spring Metropark Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spring Metropark Hotel
Haiquan Bay Leasure Area, Jinwan District, Zhuhai 519020, China   |
Ranked #3 of 410 hotels in Zhuhai
“Nice place in middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We found this place over internet and got impressed by the promotion video on this site. The way to the hotel we did never expect ever arrive there, but then find a lovely hotel complex near the ocean quite and clean. The hotel itselves and the rooms come in year's age what you can easily see. But more or less it was clean and the room's view was for china a dream. We used the in-house pool facilities and the hotsprings, both nice places to hang around and relax. The restaurants inside hotel provide Chinese dish with good quality. The price was too expensive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is far away from the city center, well we accepted it cause we aimed for the hot springs, although it is a big hotel, but service is far below standard, food is average, pretty good hardware in the rooms but needs to improve its software, overall lack of professionalism, mosquitos were all around, price is just O.K. but definitely not an enjoyable stay, wonder why it is the number one hotel in Zhuhai?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed one night with my colleagues at Ocean Spring. We arrived in heh evening so I had no chance to see the scope fo the resort. It is vast, and as many say, it's far from everything.

We checked in without issue, although compared to western standards, may have been a bit slow. I was taken to my room and it was quite impressive; a two story room with marble and dark wood everywhere. Two story windows led out to a balcony and a view of a garden. The room was well appointed, but was showing some signs of aging. A very nice batrhoom with a great shower. TV channel choice was limited for an English speaker and was at a tough angle to watch from the bed. However to stay in your room would be a waste of what this place has to offer.

My colleagues and I had a nice dinner at the restaurant near the lobby. IT was all western food, so I had a Caesar salad and spaghetti. It was fine. Mycolleagues were equally happy with their choices of soup and fish.

after dinner, we went to the hot springs. While I think you could walk there, we drove and I was greateful. We first soaked in the warm/hot pools, then moved to other areas outside. The hot spring complex is vast and you could easily spend the entire evening there trying out the sifferent pools. They even had a pool with the skin-eating fish. Quite an experience if you'v enever tried it.

We then got a massage. You llie down on a warm marble floor, and get pounded on by two masseuses at the same time. They are very tough but the end result is fantastic.

We then finished off with another soak.

The following morning, we had breakfast which had a huge selection of all sorts of breakfast item. You'd have to be pretty selective to leave disappointed. There is a very nice terrace off the back of the restaurant if the weather is nice.

When we left in the morning, I could see the scope of the complex. It really is like a mini-Disneyworld. I imagine families could spend a lot time wandering around doing everything that's being offerred there.

While I don't think I'd recommend this place as a destination (it took almost three hours from Shenzhen), it probably would be fun for a couple of nights if you were in the area or in Macau.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It is a little hard to describe. Very unique setting for a resort in china. The lobby was marble, rooms were adequate food was local - no American or European food you would want to eat, but I enjoyed the local food. English was spoken at the front desk, but not in many of the shops or restaurants. And there wasn't an English menu at the place I ate. Lots of pointing and very poor mandarin. The location was pretty incredible though. It is very large, with public and private hot springs, a lake in the center of the complex and shopping on site. I had a beautiful ocean view and the room was clean and comfortable with a nice seating area on an outside balcony. There was a theme park next to the resort, roller coasters and all. I did not venture over to it. They will shuttle you around in a golf cart if you ask, as they were not running regular schedules when I was there. If you find yourself in the area, you would find this place an interesting stop for a night or two.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The location is somehow unique on the Zhuhai western coast but it is almost impossible to reach:Almost 2 hours from city center! Focusing more on local business than on international travelers. Rooms are very large and comfortable but food is far from the best cantonese cuisines.. Service is hesitant and inexperienced. The resort is huge and offers a lot of possibilities. But definitely too far from everything...

Room Tip: Ask for view on seaside. When there is no fog indeed !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Macau, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just travel with family to this hotel. Hotel open a coupon of years with huge space. most of facilities all right. There's an adventure area with swimming pool area. During evening time a stage in the pool. it's great to wear a swimming suit to watch a talent and sexy show over there. Also a hot spring garden over there, similar in Japan, it's a good place.

For hotel facilities are enough, the ocean view fantastic, my kids room can watch the sun rise. coffee shop food normal, don't expect too much, 24 hours service only this place can have late night meals. the breakfast see a lot of fries look terrible

Fitness center with good facilities

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I visited with my wife in April 2012. Our hotel experience started with a huge crowd at check-in. Behind us, the information desk was empty with 2 staff standing, waiting to supply information. They helpfully told us that no, they couldn't help us check in and that we had to wait in the scrum for the 3 staff who were checking people in (in between shouting randomly and noisily at each other)

Once we had managed to check in, we walked through the extremely impressive marble pillared lobby, past the clothing store (is Aquamotrice related to Aquascutum or do they just have an extremely similar logo?) and along another marble corridor to the lifts. Beside the lifts, the carpet was covered in plastic and there was some sort of industrial cleaning machine at work. We had to wait for it to finish before we could actually get into the lift to go up to our room.

We never quite established if the hotel does have no-smoking rooms. Ours had ashtrays and a slight smell of smoke. The bed was big and comfortable, there was a desk and large TV and the balcony was a nice place to sit with a sea view. The wardrobe doors were no longer on their sliding mechanism and had to be violently hauled from side to side. The bathroom had toilet, shower and bath with a sliding screen above the bath which opened to room. On both days, while taking a shower, the water flow was reduced to a drizzle before returning 3-4 minutes later with a cold blast which I thought was rather ironic in a hot springs resort.

We had lunch in the international restaurant downstairs which was a mistake - fatty steak and soggy fries with a less than appetising side salad.

Breakfast the next day was much better, in terms of food anyway - a mix of asian and western options from the buffet were warm and tasted good. But fighting through the crowd to get a table and chasing down the few staff members to get some plates and cutlery is probably not what's meant to happen in this “national demonstration zone of tourism and leisure” as the signs all over the resort proclaim.

This hotel is part of a resort built around the natural hot springs which are definitely worth a visit. There's also a themepark which I didn't visit and a theatre with a water-themed show which I thought was very good.

The hotel thinks it's something special. It's actually very average.

Would I go back? Well, the hot springs are extremely good - enough to justify the hotel experience, so probably, yes. I'll just have lower expectations of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Spring Metropark Hotel? Share your experiences!