“Why Not?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dameisha Resort

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Dameisha Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Dameisha Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   No.9 Yankui Road, Dameisha, Yantian District, Shenzhen 518083, China (Dameisha)   |
Ranked #16 of 1,951 hotels in Shenzhen
Bangkok, Thailand
“Why Not?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel it self is new and the facilities are great! The dinning possibilities are wide and the food is of good quality and standard. I recommend to take the breakfast which has a broad choice of chinese and international dishes. Really nice.
The rooms are large and facing the ocean which is relaxing. They are a bit smelly but I guess it is not always easy when the climate is so humid. September was definitely a great choice of period to visit Shenzen beach area. Choose a room that is higher and has a large balcony! if you request for a late check out even on low occupancy, you will have to pay, which I think is not really customer minded.

On the other hand, service in F&B is not great at all. Not attentive and I found a hair in my plate which was replaced and compensation was given but you don't want to receive that in a Sheraton. English training should also be given because the level is pretty low.

Last thing, locals like to spit in the pool or anywhere, its just disgusting...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Philiblue,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your stay experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate you pointing out areas for improvements. Certainly these are areas we have already started working on. I am personally following up your dining experience for which I apologise. Hygiene is our highest priority and will remain so. Thank you once again and I hope we may see you again.

916 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We chose a quick getaway during Mid-Autumn Festival weekend and were pleasantly surprised the Sheraton Resort Dameisha was not too crowded and the facilities were just lovely. The staff was super helpful in upgrading us to a suite room at no cost and even gave us a temporary room for the little one to nap while we waited for the suite to get tidied up. Even the standard Ocean Room was very spacious and I would have been happy to stay in it. The Ocean Suite was just what we needed with a living area and bedroom separated by closed doors. There were even bathrooms, even though we didn't really NEED the extra one. It was nice to know we had the option. I should also point out that all the hotel accommodations have an ocean view and balcony which makes choosing a room easier. One negative thing was we noticed the rooms were not very clean. I noticed blue cleaning agent in the tiles of the bathroom; there was hair in the sink right when we arrived. This was a little off putting.

I agree with the majority of the reviews here that the pools and beach were really nice, so I won’t elaborate more here. One thing that was annoying though was there were NO towels by outside by the pool. You had to go inside to the fitness center and fill out form just to get towels. Not a good experience if you’ve already taken a dip in the water!

While the facilities were excellent, a few of our dining experiences were disappointing. First with the bad. We ate at the all-day dining option, FEAST, and concluded the dishes were hit/miss. The hot dishes seemed like they had been sitting out all-day. (Maybe this is what the term all-day dining is referring to). We were definitely grossed out by the seafood. The scallops were shriveled and sandy and the snow crab meat was yellow and dry. The meats were dry and luke warm. The tastiest items on the buffet were the made-to-order soup noodles and dessert spread. One can get full on these, but I just couldn’t call it a full buffet.

I don’t know why we chose to eat at the Starwood Club Lounge. I am now realizing it is not even on the hotel’s official dining list. But don’t eat here...especially for breakfast! Husband had a Chinese breakfast which consisted of a bowl of congee with some sparse preserved vegetables and stale you-tiao. I had the American breakfast with two eggs, some McDonald’s looking hash browns and pinkish sausage. So grossed out!

The dining experience’s shining moment came from our dinner at Capri Italian Restaurant. While the rest of the guest were eating at the Mid-Autumn buffet BBQ outside, we decided to avoid the crowds. The service was great and the atmosphere, classy. Every dish, from the scallop appetizer to the sea bass was delicious. The little one scarfed down the tasty focaccia bread and crab canape. Capri made us forget we were in China for a little bit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Phaaatlouie,

Thank you for your detailed and constructive feedback. I am very glad that overall your famly enjoyed your stay, however I do apologise for the shortcomings you faced. Certainly each of the points is being addressed, however I am disappointed that we failed especially in the cleanliness, of which we hold very high standards. Prior to your comments, we were already making arrangements to set up towel distribution to the outdoor pool 'outside' and not inside to make it more convenient. In terms of our dinner buffet & Club Lounge breakfast, I have discussed personally with our Chef's as I believe food is easy to prepare and ensure it is kept appetising and enjoyable to eat. Our variety and quality is usually very good, however comments are important to listen to and follow up to reach a higher level, and this we will certainly do. Please note, many international 5 star hotels in China serve the same type of hash browns, however the complete breakfast experience will be re-engineered. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I certainly hope to welcome your family back to a much better time in the future.

Kind regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel property excels in terms of its contemporary design, a private beach, choices of swimming pools, neighbourhood to a marina and a large-scale theme park and relatively short distance to Hong Kong's border. Variety of seafood available at its Chinese restaurant is also a plus. An undisputable choice for families with young kids. If you opt for a 2-day-1-night trip, suggest to skip the theme park as the local crowd would really make it strenuous. Instead, the private beach should be the jewel on the crown with its attractive outlook of the sea.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear 852NeverSleeps,
I am absolutely delighted to read your wonderful review of our resort. Moreso I am thrilled your family had such an exciting time with us and you have really found many of the key touch points. We are working to further develop the resort facilties for families and couples and I look forward to welcoming you back again to try them out.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First time my visit to Shenzen.. They took me to stay at this hotel.. Far from the hotel.. I can see it modern look design

Room is big.. The bathroom is big..with all room facing sea side..

Staff is excellent and very helpful..

However can comment much as i only stay for 2 days

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Syazmi

I am so pleased you were brought to our hotel and even more so that you had a wonderful experience with us.
It’s great you enjoy the spacious bathrooms and hope you enjoyed time on your private balcony facing the sea.
The team was delighted to hear how much you appreciated their service and we all look forward to your return.

Colin Vickers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We, two couples, spent a weekend in this hotel in August 2013. It's really relaxing and enjoyable. We got upgraded to the 12th floor with the extra payment of RMB400. I think it's a fair deal. In addition to checking in right away at 11am, we could also use the lounge which served snacks and drinks throughout the day and also an afternoon tea session at 5-7pm.
The view of this hotel was unbeatable in the vicinity. Rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. We love the bathroom the most. Staff were friendly. Good choices of food. We tried the Chinese Dimsum for the lunch on first day, 'petit' but tasty. We dined outside the hotel but regretted. It was crowded outside, the pavement was jam-packed with people leaving the beach after sunset. The vacation would be perfect without this congestion part.
Breakfast was satisfactory with good variety of choices. On second day, we had lunch at the lobby lounge, which was unbelievably quiet and relaxing. Even the food was good, we had spaghetti, pizza and spicy squid etc., all were delicious. The only disappointment was the draft beers were not cold at all. But finally, the in-charge agreed to change our draft beers to bottle ones, which were perfectly cool.
In summary, we had a lovely weekend in this resort. My advice is don't bother to go outside, it's a totally different world. Just stay inside the hotel, enjoy the pool and perhaps a dip in the ocean and savour the delicious food. I will definitely go back when I need to re-charge with time constraint as this resort is only about an hour away from Hong Kong!

Room Tip: Upgrade to 12th floor with extra payment is worth considering
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phoebe
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay experience
I am delighted you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and that you found the Sheraton Club upgrade offer to be value for money.
Your detailed description of your stay is enjoyable to read and I can feel you all enjoyed your time with us immensely.
For an update, we are currently looking at bringing in new draft beers, and will ensure they will be properly chilled, however I have passed on your appreciation to the team for their quick reaction to set your order right.
Please feel free to drop me a line when you are coming back and I look forward to welcoming you once again

Kind regards
Colin Vickers
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Dameisha Resort for a week while on business in Shenzhen and the hotel, location and staff cannot be beat! From the moment you walk into the hotel, you can tell that the facilities, atmosphere and service are top notch. The staff makes you feel like a VIP all the time and will do anything they can to assist you, even with the smallest details. Case in point: My lighter was confiscated at the airport and they kindly arranged a staff member to go and buy me one! They also arranged to have a staff member go and purchase my train ticket, which was also very kind of them. It's great to read the other reviews and see that many of same staff members who made my stay so memorable are also recognized by other travelers: Peter at the pool bar, Bob at the concierge desk, and Kitty at the Club Lounge. In particular, Raymond from the Concierge Desk was an absolute delight -- he made me feel like a true VIP and his service was beyond compare! The hotel itself does not disappoint... It's on a nice, clean private beach and the pools and restaurants are amazing. The rooms are spacious and modern, and each one overlooks the beach with its own private balcony. I will definitely be back and highly suggest this hotel if you are looking for a great place to stay in Shenzhen!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Sherri,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased our staff left you with so many good memories. And we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My biz need me to travel a lot. My favorite stay always is spg hotels. Sheraton Dameisha is the best spg hotel I ever stay. It actually owns a private beach for a pleasant summer for both biz stay and vacation stay. The hotel staff are the warmest part of hotel service during my stay. They will take care every small need I ask for. Kitty, the customer manger, is the most pretty and professional hotel manager I ever met. Her team were doing the same thing. Kudo to Sheraton Dameisha. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear JJD,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's wonderful to read about your experience and to share with us the great job Kitty and the team does to look after you. We are very proud of Kitty and her Sheraton Club team, which makes it even more of a good reason to stay at Sheraton Club Level. I am delighted our hotel makes you feel warm and delighted. We are certainly looking to get even better. I hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kind wishes,

Colin Vickers,

Been to Sheraton Dameisha Resort? Share your experiences!