“A great place in the summer...JJ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dameisha Resort

You added Sheraton Dameisha Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Dameisha Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   No.9 Yankui Road, Dameisha, Yantian District, Shenzhen 518083, China (Dameisha)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
¥400 off room rate
Ranked #19 of 2,160 Hotels in Shenzhen
Shanghai
“A great place in the summer...JJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My biz need me to travel a lot. My favorite stay always is spg hotels. Sheraton Dameisha is the best spg hotel I ever stay. It actually owns a private beach for a pleasant summer for both biz stay and vacation stay. The hotel staff are the warmest part of hotel service during my stay. They will take care every small need I ask for. Kitty, the customer manger, is the most pretty and professional hotel manager I ever met. Her team were doing the same thing. Kudo to Sheraton Dameisha. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear JJD,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It's wonderful to read about your experience and to share with us the great job Kitty and the team does to look after you. We are very proud of Kitty and her Sheraton Club team, which makes it even more of a good reason to stay at Sheraton Club Level. I am delighted our hotel makes you feel warm and delighted. We are certainly looking to get even better. I hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kind wishes,

Colin Vickers,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Shenzhen only for the weekend and the choice of Sheraton Dameisha was a very good option I absolutely don't regret.
It is a piece of heaven in the big city of Shenzhen.
You can relax very well with the amazing hotel facilities. I particularly enjoyed the wonderful outdoor swimming-pool, and also the private beach.
The pool is very big, water is clean, and environment very nice.
I also appreciated the club lounge, and its very kind manager Kitty, who organize city excursions for me and reserved the best restaurants to try local specialities.
The room was also exceptional, I had been upgraded in the suite room (at least 150 square meters!) with a terrace that overhang the gulf of Dameisha.

Definitively a very good place , and I will certainly go back again there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Daisy_wt, General Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Thierry C.
Thank you for your kind feedback and comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you had such a wonderful time and especially pleased our Club Manager, Kitty left you with so many good memories. We look forward to your return and perhaps you could try sea fishing or a boat excusion next time around.
Warm regards Colin Vickers,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is my second time in the last 4 weeks at the Sheraton Dameisha. This time it was a 2 night stay from June 9- 11 2013. I booked the Club Room which included the lounge access. I believe that all rooms in this establishment face the ocean. The room was very clean and spacious with a large balcony with an amazing ocean view. Staff was friendly and helpful. The most I was dealing with spoke reasonably good English. This brings me to one employee in particular by the name of Bob Xu. I believe he is either part of the Bell or Concierge staff. Bob was a pleasure to deal with. Spoke excellent English. He was very resourceful and always went out of the way with great recommendations about the local area as solving problems like transportation when they arise. I have had the pleasure of staying in some of the other hotels in Shenzhen like the St Regis, Westin Nanshan and the Grand Hyatt but will have to say that Bob stands heads and shoulders over the rest.
One tip for travellers who are booking the Club Room. I had a choice of eating breakfast in the Club Lounge or in the buffet in the basement floor. IMHO, the buffet is definitely a better choice with a huge selection of both Western and Chinese cuisine. However, I did not find the food at Dragon Court on the main floor to my liking.
The pool and private beach were excellent. It was not too crowded even though we are almost at the busy season.
The only thing which prevents me from giving the property 5 stars, is the price. One night here costs about 3250 RMB which is a little higher than the St Regis in downtown Shenzhen at around 2400 RMB but I guess you are paying a little more for the beach front location.
All in all a great place to unwind and relax after a busy business trip in China.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing and Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Bgoh1973,

Thank you for your very kind and special feedback. I am thrilled you had another wonderful stay with us and even moreso that you have recognised Bob Xu at our Concierge. Bob is a truly wonderful associate and I am glad you have noticed this. He always does try to go the extra step with our guests and I am pleased he has helped to make your stay. I will ensure he is properly recognised for his great service and I thank you again for letting us know. We all look forward to your return and warmly welcome you.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here on the 26thth May for 1 night. We booked the Ocean Panoramic View Room which has a breathtaking view. The reason why we stayed here was to visit the OCT EAST theme park. (15 mins walk or $10 taxi ride)

Check in was smooth, we arrived at 10am and the gentlemen was very nice and gave us the room considering check in is normally 2pm. There is direct transport from HK Wan chai pier straight to the door of this hotel. (tickets sold by CTS travel)

The room was fantastic! comes with all the usual, slippers, tooth brush, robes etc and the Bath tub is amazing! I surprised my girlfriend with a rose pettle bath and she loved it!

We had the buffet at feast, excellent choice and reasonable price @ $248 pp. Breakfast had plenty of variety and delicious!

I would def recommend this hotel, I am planning a next visit just to relax at the private beach and pool!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing & Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Anima888,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your wonderful feedback. I am delighted you both had a great time and the associates and facilities went beyond your expectations. If there is any associate of particular mention, please let us know so we can recognise them accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon where I trust we will help to provide you with fond memories.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went during the May Day holiday week but the hotel seemed almost empty because of unseasonably cool temperatures and overcast skies. The deluxe room was fantastic and had a large, comfortable bed and nice balcony with a view of the beach and mountains in the distance. Overall the hotel was great. However, there were just 2 things I didn't like. When I went to the bar at about 9pm the bartender was MIA. Waited a few minutes and no one showed up so I went across the street to a German place. Lastly there was some trash on the beach. I'm aware that the hotel's stretch of beach is probably infinitely cleaner than the public beach nearby but I still don't want to see plastic bags and empty beer bottles in the sand.

But all that is far outweighed by the things I liked. I'm definitely going to be visiting again the next time I'm in Shenzhen. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't be cheap. Get the deluxe room or better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing & Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear James D, thank you for your feedback and comments. I am glad you had a nice time staying with us and enjoyed your experience. I am sorry for the flaws in the service delivery - we will be better - Our beach is usually very clean; unfortunately the day after bad weather, garbage is washed up onto the beach and we try to remove this as quickly as possible without impacting our guests experience. we will continue to do better. Thank you for choosing us and I look forwad to having the opportunity to welcome you back next time.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Hotel is fairly new, and looks brand new. It is on the beach and close to the motorway. The rooms have a great view. The problem is if I asked for anything which would be normal in a Sheraton in any other place in the world or in any other starred hotel, it was as if I was asking for something for free. Example: I order the sandwich and ask for a salad instead of fries, straight out refusal. Next time I will stay in the Kempinski.

• Stayed April 2013
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel facilities. My apologies for the difficulties in amending your dish. Our associates are usually very flexible and this is not a usual guest experience. Please contact me directly at the hotel so I may follow up correctly to rectify this error. I do trust you will try us another time and find the true Sheraton service. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back.

Liaoning
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

the beach here is still clean i have to say, i take it as a return of driving 1.5 hours from Dongguan to sheraton dameisha. the time when i entered room is 01:00am, forgot to open the window. It really make me big WOW when i open the window in the next morning. Beautiful sunrise! I missed starry night! Anyway i decided to stay back one more night, but i could not get my room extended since the business here is quite good. Anyway, the manager is very nice, he promised me to give me room ugprade when i return. Actually it deserve to come back...who cares the room upgrade? I am not a sore looser...But i did see some people yeiling at lobby for rooms...I feel sorry for the staff at front office. What to say, this is something you really don't want to see during travelling.

Room Tip: make a early booking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Daisy_wt, Digital Marketing & Distribution Executive at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear ZX L, Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very glad you had a wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your 'starry night'.

Colin Vickers, General Manager