“chinese stile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dameisha Resort

You added Sheraton Dameisha Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Dameisha Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   No.9 Yankui Road, Dameisha, Yantian District, Shenzhen 518083, China (Dameisha)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #17 of 2,133 Hotels in Shenzhen
4.5 of 5 stars 926 Reviews
Guangzhou, China
“chinese stile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The first impression of the hotel was good, inspiring a grand view and friendly staff.
I will write about the incident, which are present in this lovely hotel and we have spoiled our short stay.
First the Chinese for some reason all the time to do something: to clean dirty dishes from the table and put it in a certain definite order, rattling with terrible when you're trying to enjoy a beautiful morning, what a drag equipment and move the tables, although have dinner, and it could be done before the opening of the restaurant, well, a rack of the pier from 7 am until the night I have no words at all, and yet what is at 10 pm under the windows of the royal rooms for $ 250, well in general peace and quiet of their guests a little worried ...
Yeah, forget about vayfay, we must make an appointment to bring you some router. A maid service only after a call to the reception? They come in and cleaned, try to be polite, but forget to hang up the second coat and leave the dirty rag in your bathroom!
Separately Tell about an Italian restaurant - do not go there in any case - badly prepared, and about cocktails and say nothing, in my mojito is not poured rum ...
A hotel with a good design and good location, lovely pool, a kind of charming, but give the same to enjoy it all! How can you spoil it all?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedbacks and we sincerely apologize for the unhappy experiences during your stay. For your comments about our restaurants, we’ve communicated with the F&B team and they will conduct certain training and take actions to improve their service and the quality of food and beverage. As for your feedback on the housekeeping service, the team has well received and will continue providing proper training for new associates to make sure that they do the right thing. Finally, regarding the problem of the noise, we’ve noticed and communication with related organization has been done to avoid further issue.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a business trip. The price is absolutely five star level comparing with other ones in Shen Zhen, however, the service is just three star on average. I found a nice magazine near my bed and hope to finish the reading the next night. However, housekeeping simply took it away when s/he cleaned my room without any notice. It is kind of rude since I haven't finished my reading yet. The tennis court is poorly maintained since when we wanted to play we found there were lots of rain on the court, obviously no one mopped it. The tennis balls provided was also used ones though being put in a brand new box. Most of the staffs are friendly except the one who I asked for helping calling the cab for the next morning since I will leave early. He told me I do not have to book it since it will be rather easy to find a cab in the moring. However, when I checked out, I found there was no cab and it took ten miniutes for the other boy to call a taxi for me! What a shame for Sheraton. The main reason for the poor performance is, I guess, the management are locals...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations.

The examples you have detailed are regrettable, and please rest assured that they have been noted in our efforts for continuous improvement and training.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Personal Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel on least 5 occasions. Despite its varying services and being expensive, I love this hotel. Its unusual architectural design and its sea view justifies a visit. All rooms comes with sea view. Its also the only hotel I have frequented among hundreds that you can literally hear the smoothing roar of the tides. The beach itself however is nothing special.

The hotel can be too popular for its old good. During summer times and especially on weekends, the hotel is as crowded and noisy as a night market. Unless you are living in the executive/clubrooms, expect to join a dragon long queue for breakfasts. In short, not very relaxing when you have to fight your way with running kids, old hags and the retired in fighting for a table to sit on.

The spa/massage area is expensive but you get what you pay for i.e excellent display of massage skills. You will also experience excellent display of upsell and makreting skills as the cashier would usually push you to join some membership or purchase some expensive lotions which can be annoying. Mind you, I am a cheapskate and not into 3000rmb lotions with or without a female companion.

Starwood club benefits for late checkout may not be honored during summer times. With my last stay in January 2012, I was upgraded to an enhanced room (i.e. top floor) as a starwood gold member. From memory, these was the first time I was upgraded as a starwood member.

Staff may not be as attentive as what you may expect from a 1500-2000rmb/night hotel. I don't blame them however as often the ratio of staff to patrons may be 100:1. Okay, I am exaggerating but you get the drift.

In brief, stay here at least once to experience the roaring tides from the comfort of your room. Avoid this hotel if you expect top notch services all day, every day, every time.

Room Tip: During summer months, bring mosquito coils or repellants to the hotel if you want to keep the balcon...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear SPG Gold Member,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations in your recent stays. Due to the high occupancy in peak season, our hotel is busier than usual, which may be noisy and difficult to arrange an upgrade. We all understand that we should never give away the quality of our service, no matter how busy the hotel is. We are seeking a better arrangement in the peak season to make sure you feel comfortable during your future stays.

As for the problems you mentioned about your Spa experience, we will report your feedbacks to our Spa team and make sure they are aware of the issue and avoid it in the future.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I will be arriving this property in Dec with my family of 8, ages ranging from 4 to 70. I have not stayed at this hotel but after reading all the reviews, I have some concerns about the service we will receive. It is obvious that this property's management is aware of all the service issues raised by the reviewers and has taken the time to address them but I can't help but notice that guests continue to complain about similar issues (unhelpful staff, poor maintenance of public areas, inattentive service, etc). I'm sure this is not a good forum for discussion but I want to make sure management reads this and addresses future guests' concerns and reservations about staying at this property. Have all of these issues really been addressed and how is it addressed?

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bavaria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were there from Nov 1st. till Nov 4 th for relaxing some days after a long business trip through China.

Our experience:

Positiv:
- very good location
- nice poolarea, nice beach
- very clean (except deckchairs)
- very good Italian restaurant
- very close to HKG and Shenzhen

negativ:
- 95 % of the staff is not able to speak and to understand enough English to serve foreign guests
- most of the staff are not motivated to do a good job
- no WLAN-WIFI in the room, only cable, so no iPhone use was possible with foreign SIMcard.
- no or too low A/C inside the hotel as lobby, floor outside of the rooms, elevators.
- no service at the beach and on the pool or only after especially asking in the restaurant (pool bar was closed). After 2 days we resigned and brought the water from the room with us.
- no towel service in the pool and beach area. Only after several asking we got the information, that we have to pick up the towels by ourselfes in the gym (long ways)
- partialy very dirty cushions (old dirt and dried up food) on the deck-chairs

- dirty plates and glases are not moved away from the pool area within 2 days

-------------------------------------------------

But they can show, that a perfect service is possible too!!!
Go to the Italian restaurant CAPRI. Food is very good but the best is the service there. On 2 days we had dinner there the waitress made an excellent service. We could see, that they were very well trainded by the restaurant manger Svetlana Persova! Congratulations to such staff! If all the staff would have this level the 5 stars would be OK for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear guest,
Greetings from Sheraton Dameisha Resort!
We like to thank you for spending your valuable time to provide us feedback on your stay at the hotel. We are indeed pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and the services at our Capri Italian restaurant have met your expectation. We will certainly convey your kind compliments to Svetlana and her team.

However, we regret to learn some of the inconvenience caused to you which we like to apologize. It is through such feedback that we are able to identify areas for improvement and deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect of a Sheraton hotel. We will certainly take the necessary steps to rectify the issues you have raised.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having you back soon at the Sheraton Dameisha Resort.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here over 5 days and it was a great hotel. Breakfast was wonderful, and the hotel grounds, pools and facilities were top notch.
However and this is a problem I think with most asian hotels. Why dont they aircondition the hallways lifts and lobbies. Our room was fine, (once you put the card in.) but getting in and out of lifts and around the public areas was painfull. I understand its to save power but its a comfort thing and for the room rate I belive this is below par.
Room service, cleaning and laundry services were great.
Also my access cards never worked longer than 2 uses. I needed the reception to fix it at least 5 times.
Cheers

Room Tip: ask for an extra card so you can leave your room air con and fridges on. If you like cold beer it wi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Daisy_wt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dameisha Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear guest,

Greetings from Sheraton Dameisha Resort!

We like to thank you for spending your valuable time to provide us feedback on your stay at the hotel. We are indeed pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities, Sheraton signature sweet-sleeper bed, the room views and good food at our restaurants.

However, we regret to learn some of the inconvenience caused to you which we like to apologize. Please be assured you that we will take the necessary steps to rectify the issues you have raised. We certainly believe that through such feedback, we are able to identify areas for improvement and deliver the standard of service that our guests have come to expect of a Sheraton hotel.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is probably the lowest quality / price ratio of SPG hotel in China or in this world. Majority of the staff including management was not pleasant and helpful.
Although the hardware of the hotel was contemporary and nicely built, they were poorly managed:

1. 3 light bulbs out of 10 were burnt out with nobody cared.
2. Two clocks in the swimming pool were stopped running.
3. And the most unbearable, the pool water was like vegetable soup with thousands of tiny fragmented leaves. My daughter then suffered skin allergy. When I reflected this major problem to the top management, he did not care to investigate but bluntly replied that they made no compromise in the quality of swimming pool water. A fool never learns and I could understand why the management was so poor.
4. They were terribly lean and mean and tended to offer no extra benefits to loyal customers of SPG like platinum member. When I first asked for extended check out time, they "generously" offered the standard platinum member's privilege of 4 pm check out.
5. The central HVAC was powerful enought but this beast was out of control. I was an HVAC engineer and could not control the room temperature to a comfortable level and liked staying in a freezer.
6. The elevators were over duty and my experience record high was waiting for over ten minutes. Your room card in triggering your buttom push to reach your room never work well, dumb stupid!

Yet the occupancy rate was high because of the summer vacation season. I guess that this was one of the reason why the management was so arrogant and indifferent to customers' satisfactions as they have bottom line to report anyway. I am curious to know their occupancy during winter time when their selling point, the private beach is out of question.
If you have a choice in other hotel in Dameisha, avoid this SPG hotel being the worst SPG hotel I have ever stayed worldwide. While I have written good and commendable reviews on other hotels in SPG like Rome St Regis and Paris Le Meridiesn Etoile, this SPG hotel is a rotten egg in SPG basket and a shame too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Dameisha Resort? Share your experiences!