“Very high standard hotel, amazing room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rivan Hotel Rica

You added Rivan Hotel Rica to your Saves list
Rivan Hotel Rica
No.1 Xinsheng Road, Longgang District, Shenzhen 518116, China (Longgang District)   |
Ranked #39 of 2,132 Hotels in Shenzhen
United Kingdom
“Very high standard hotel, amazing room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I stayed in the superior business room (it was only just a little less than 400 RMB per night). Room price was really very decent. I get the feeling if you book direct its more expensive - so if you are there for business have your contact reserve the room if they don't give you the 400 RMB rate.

It had rain shower, all glass so you could see through into the bedroom. Plush carpet.

Only bad thing was room service menu isn't great - I asked for a well done steak with no sauce, and it was medium with sauce.

Concierge very helpful - in fact a little too helpful offering to find me a 'beautiful women'!! James & Kobe are the concierge when I stayed there, and they were awesome although I didn't appreciate their 'extra help' with the beautiful women, but according to them a lot of people accept their offer to help.

I needed a taxi the next day, they came straight up stairs, showed me the tariff and offered to book. I told them I would wait until tomorrow. My plans changed but I didn't need it, but James even on his day off called me to see if it was still needed. Amazing service. Concierge give you business cards with mobile numbers so you can call them, even when you aren't at the hotel.

Business centre offered me free internet. Ask the staff to change the keyboard to English and they'll do it for you.

Taxi driver didn't understand the address given to me by the Hotel - but he could just be trying to get more money out of me. Just watch that - some of the taxi drivers will rip you off, or are truly illiterate and can't read. Take the hotel phone number pre-programmed on your phone with the correct country code so you can dial them and ask them to speak to the driver.

Concierge paid by 15 RMB taxi bill (from bus station to hotel) to help me out as I had no change, and they didn't even ask me - they just did it as I just had one hell of a day travelling and it clearly showed.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My husband, Mother, and I caught gastro from my 5 month old son, who got it from the plane!! Anyway, in the middle of the night it was clear we needed medical help. In a flash the Rivan Staff had organised for an ambulance to take us to hospital, which was only 3 minutes away. They accompanied us to ensure we were looked after and interperted the best they could until our local contact go there. There was no end to their kindness and generousity. My son was hospitalised for 3 days on a drip and the hotel even let us take one of their duvet's to the hospital as it was a lot more comfortable than what the hospital had. On another note, the hospital was very nice & caring, not to mention that my son had several doctors & nurses taking care of him, but I think that had something to do with the fact that he had blonde hair and blue eyes and they'd never seen a child like that !! The hotel rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed. They just need to realise that westerners use a lot of toilet paper - no hotel in China was generous in this regard - so learn the phrase if you are travelling to China!!

• Liked — Staff & rooms
  • Disliked — Congee
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Canadian in China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

The Rivan may be out of the way in Longgang. There is not much to do in the surrounding area but I still would like to return to Longgang just to stay at the Rivan hotel!

The restaurant staff are the best! The entertainment at the restaurant is pretty amateur but you will not mind when you are eating the extremely well-priced and d e l i c i o u s buffet!

There is a treadmill that works, a cross trainer that is broken, weights, and some weight machines. The internet costs a little to use and it is slow and in Chinese if you use it in the business centre but it is free and still slow if you use it in your room if you have your own computer.

The rooms are beautiful! So new and the whole design is so clean and modern! Love it!

It is a pleasure to stay there.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Rivan Hotel Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rivan Hotel Rica

Address: No.1 Xinsheng Road, Longgang District, Shenzhen 518116, China
Location: China > Guangdong > Shenzhen > Longgang District
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#34 Best Value Hotel in Shenzhen
#37 Business Hotel in Shenzhen
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rivan Hotel Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rivan Hotel Shenzhen

If you own or manage Rivan Hotel Rica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.