“Good for a short biz trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza

You added Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza to your Saves list
Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Zhuzilin, Shennan Avenue, Futian District, Shenzhen 518040, China (Zhuzilin)   |
Ranked #63 of 2,132 Hotels in Shenzhen
Shanghai, China
“Good for a short biz trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Good location, so so rooms but clean, easily accessible via subway, and quite central to business areas. Staff are nice and accommodating but the room air conditioning, oh my, just dunno what to do with it. Had to call engineering dept to come help me with the aircon.

I come to Shenzhen often and I'd perhaps return to Novotel bauhinia hotel to Venice hotel more than the grand mercure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GrandMercureGM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your stay in our hotel. I am glad to read that you were overall satisfied with our services, at the same time I am very sorry for your experience with the air-conditioning. Please rest assured that I will forward your comments to our engineering team to adress the problem and to avoid any future occurrence.
Adam Hipp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel with the nice viev on a Deep Bay and Hong Kong. Close to Business and Industrial part o Shenzhen with the meaning of the 16 milion citizensTown. Very good Services and hospitality, breakfast with hundrets choices. Complicated use of a Airconditioning at the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GrandMercureGM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! Indeed, our average room size is very generous and it is very convenient to discover the city from where we are. We are also very close to Nanshan High Tech Park, which is the home of business life in Shenzhen.
Thank you very much with your comments, I will be very happy to share them with the Team.
Kind regards,
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in November 2013 for business. The rooms were well appointed and I had fantastic views of Shenzhen due to being really high up. The only negative I experienced was the absolute chaos at breakfasts, as the whole area seems a little small given the size of the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GrandMercureGM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on your recent stay in our Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza Shenzhen! I am pleased to read that you were overall happy with our hotel. At the same time I am very sorry about the breakfast experience. Please be informed that we have enlarged our breakfast area, there is now indeed more space available for diners.
Thank you very much again and I trust we can welcome you back soon!
Kennebunks, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Is the second time I stay at Mercure hotel this year and visibly can see the falling on service.
especially at the the reception and the lounge, were you see people running around in panic ,looking like they do not know what is going on. I am not asking for a smiling faces, but at least a polite posture.
You can feel there is lack of management, my previous time was not outstanding but acceptable,no more now.
Moreover there is one thing bother me, my friend from hong kong that joined me at the lounge, told me about the hotel manager, something like he make his wife dance half-naked in front of the company leaders for their enjoyment and consensus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GrandMercureGM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your time to post your review about your recent stay in our hotel. I am very sorry that the service at the Front Desk and in the Lounge did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we have already taken the necessary corrective actions and have strengthen our management presence in these areas.
Similarly, I am truly disappointed to read about the rumor you heard from your friend. My wife - being a professional dance instructor - did train our hotel's management team to perform on the Chinese New Year gala of the hotel and it's owning company. I am very sorry for the misinterpretation of some of our team members, I can fully assure you that the rumor is groundless. Should you need any further assurance, please feel free to contact me directly at gm@grandmercureshenzhen.com
Thank you again for raising your concerns and I trust you will give us another try to serve you better in the near future.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Overall our stay here was good.
We stayed in a room on one of the executive floors and those had access to the executive lounge for breakfast and happy hour. Good choices for breakfast and the food at happy hour certainly provides enough variety for a meal in the evening. Good coffee available - great double espresso shots.

On the downside, the rooms are looking a little tired, with the shower being over the bath rather than a separate shower. The bed was incredibly hard and while the room was quiet, it made for restless nights.

Located quite well - close to train stations, and close to the freeway from the airport.

The hotel concierge offered to organise transport to HK airport - 1800 RMB for private car (reduced to 1200 RMB), or a bus for 200 RMB each. WE decided to take the bus option which turned out to be 7 seater cars - the first one takes you to a shopping centre where you wait up to 30 mins for another 7 seater car to pick you up along with enough other people to fill the car.
Then getting through the border at Shenzhen Bay can take a while - took us about an hour to get through here so allow plenty of time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GrandMercureGM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza. Your comment on the bed is also well noted, allow me please to suggest you to request a mattress topper when next staying with us, I am sure that it will make our bed much more comfortable for you.
Thank you very much again and best regards,
Adam Hipp

Been to Grand Mercure Shenzhen Oriental Ginza? Share your experiences!