We booked a room for 3 adults via hotelclub.com, unfortunately we found out that we were given a room with 2 small size beds and the room was so small that there was no space to add an extra bed. The hotel only provided us towels and bathroom utilities for 2 persons. Also, we have indicated that we wanted to have a non-smoking
room in the hotelclub.com web page, but when we check in, the front desk still asked us if we want to have a smoking or non-smoking room. We called hotelclub.com for help, and explained to them we had booked a room for 3 adults but now the hotel had given us a room just fit for 2 adults. They said it was our fault to book such a small room, we should book a bigger one. It was not acceptable to have such answer from a big agency like hotelclub.com. We indicated that we wanted to have a room for 3 adults at the very beginning, and the web site recommend the room for us, we suppose that the room with 2 beds that can fit 3 adults and should have 3 sets of towels. Finally the hotel gave us a corner room, a bit larger, but still with 2 small beds and 2 sets of towels. Later we checked the hotelclub.com web site, we couldn't book a room for 3 adults in this hotel. They have made some change after our case and this indicates that hotelclub.com and the hotel understood that giving a small room for someone booking for 3 adults was not acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Shenzhen is located in the heart of Futian Central Business District, with close proximity to the Shenzhen International Convention & Exhibition Center and Metro Subway Station. It is only 15 minutes to the Lowu Railway Station and Shenzhen Bay Port, 20 minutes to Shenzhen North Railway Station, 35 minutes to Shekou Ferry Terminal and Shenzhen Bao'an Airport, and 10 minutes to Futian/Huanggang Checkpoint. The 391 well-appointed rooms and suites are equipped with broadband Internet access, luxurious bathrooms, state-of-the-art communications and entertainment facilities. Situated on the 35th to 41st floors of the hotel, The Continental Club provides the most luxurious accommodations for travelers. The 31 function rooms including Marco Polo Ballroom and one auditorium, can accommodate up to 3000 people and provide the ideal Shenzhen venue for meetings, seminars, and social events. The hotel has 5 restaurants and bars, including the Cafe Marco, serving a fusion of "Euro-Asian-Chinese" cuisine, Margarita Bar, Connect (Lobby Lounge), Carrianna Chiu Chow Restaurant, Nishimura Japanese Restaurant and Wine & Cigar Bar Le Cru. The hotel's fully equipped Fitness Center includes a gym, sauna, and outdoor swimming pool, and hotel guests can indulge in relaxing spa treatments at the internationally renowned Pure Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Ctrip DaoDao, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Marco Polo Shenzhen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Marco Polo Hotel Shenzhen
- Shenzhen Marco Polo Hotel