“It could be so much better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen

You added Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen to your Saves list
Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Mission Hills Road, Longhua New District, Shenzhen 518110, China (Guanlan)   |
Ranked #17 of 2,132 Hotels in Shenzhen
Melbourne, Australia
“It could be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Mission Hills is a golfing destination that has 12 great courses fun caddies that make the golfing experience unique. However let's compare Hong Kong golf club where we had spent a week. Your golfing day starts with a with a practice session, pyramids of clean balls (free) Your cart is equipped with 2 fresh towels 2 drinks in an ice box tees and a free course guide book. You finish your round and are given ice towels. Fabulous experience.
Mission hills golf day starts with the filling in of forms at one desk then more forms at another desk followed by a third set for what I am not sure. Like to hit a bucket of balls forget it even if you can find the range you will be charged 30 cents a ball. Finally after your clubs magically appear you arrive at the first tee where you are greeted with typically Chinese regimentation and told you must play in a certain time. if you fall behind you a tracked even though there is no one behind you.
The hotel is so large to walk to breakfast and return seems like you have already played 2 par fives, fancy a swim after golf requires a further par five.the staff are friendly and try very hard but as far as a wonderful golf experience it left much to be desired.
Maybe the hierarchy should stay a week at Hong Kong Golf Club and see how a golf experience should be after all it is only 40 minutes away
Terry Cleal

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011 via mobile

As far as "5 star" chinese hotels go, this would be the closest ive come to a proper 5 star resort/hotel. Stayed in the dongguan hotel and the room was excellent. Staff were friendly and the meals including breakfast were very good offering a great variety of proper western options.

The golf was great, played els then duval (at night). Greens were alittle sandy and slow but tee boxes, fairways and bunkers were postcard like. Brought shoes, gloves and balls with me and hired clubs (400RMB) had Taylor Made R9 set irons to driver, not bad and could choose steel or graphite. All in all the golf is expensive considering your paying 1380rmb a round (mid week) then 300 for a cart, 400 for clubs and another few hundred in caddy tips (caddys were great).

Massages and tranfur services also top notch, would recommend this to china business travelers or holiday makers!

• Stayed October 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Play and Stay Golfathon 2011 package was value for money and absolutely brilliant. I played 10 rounds of golf in 5 days - great golf courses (12 in total), great staff, caddies, facilties etc. The Shenzhen Resort Hotel was very clean and a great place to relax after golf. Complimentary breakfast and massages were included. A perfect golfing holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st or 2nd floor, non smoking, near the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Mission Hills for 3 days while conducting business nearby.

The resort is located in an industrial area with factories nearby, which is why the hotel location was ideal for my business travel. With some exceptions, hotels in Hong Kong and mainland China range from good to great when in busy cities or industrial centres. This was likely my last business trip in China, and one of the best accommodation experiences. This is coming from experience - in the past 5 years, I've spent about 6 months on business in Asia, and have stayed at dozens of hotels.

My business days here were fairly long - ranging from 12 to 18 hours a day. The resort was a great escape, and its facilities and staff were ideally equipped to make my limited time at the resort relaxing and rejeuvinating.

It definitely felt like a high-end luxury resort. It had a beautiful modern decorative design, with beautiful finishes. My room entrance overlooked a lush garden courtyard with a huge outdoor pool. My balcony overlooked a night-lit goft course, which I believe had players on it when I peaked out my window at 11pm.

Breakfast was buffet style, and consistent with the quality and variety of options I would normally only expect in good Hong Kong or Shanghai hotels.

Returning to my room at the end of each day was a joy. The room was simply decorated with high quality materials which made an ideal setting for relaxation. Instead of carpet, the floor was dark-coloured hard wood. The in-room internet was wireless and consistently functional.

The spa was open late, and on my last evening I booked a massage at the spa. I believe my appt was at 10:30pm which was great because it was the only time I had available in my schedule.

The spa facilities were luxurious, clean and the staff were very friendly. I had a 60 minute deep-tissue massage which was the highest quality massage I've ever had at any resort or local medical facility.

I left the resort almost feeling like I had been on vacation, and definitely didn't feel like I had just worked long hours for 14 days straight.

I would happily return to any Mission Hills resort for business travel or on a real vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
torontocanada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I know its China...but they do have the Peninsula and Ritz carltons to look at as an example. Mission Hills is Big and expensive and they think they have great everything but they dont. Our 3 night stay there was in my opinion a waste of time and money but my husband did fly all that way to play golf after all! So 1st of all they dont tell you that the old hotel has an issue with flyes...but a nice guy at the front desk from europe working at the hotel tells us to go to the new hotel just built instead....we say we tried but they said it not open yet - well it was open and we up-graded for several hundred dollars more ...it took over 1 hour to do this...heres the best part for the next two days the manager is running around trying to find us and he did find us in our room at 11 pm to tell us they made a mistake and they need to charge us more money for the room? I thought it was a bad joke - I told them to leave me alone and when I check out I will talk to the manager - every time I came to the front desk someone reminded me I need to agree to pay an additional $100.00 - The food was bad and expensive and the choice was also bad ....they charged more then Penisula Hong Kong which is out of this world for food and service ! Golfing..oh my - get ready you must take a caddy (they are all female and they dont speak English) I just could not play because they kept standing so close to me at every hole - I tried to ask them to stand back but no luck it was a horrible round of golf for me. The room ...yes its all new ...but its average in finishings and it smells not new in a good way but like a lot of heavy chemicals in a bad way. So maybe if you want to see the crazy size of the golf courses and store go for the day - but its in no way a relaxing place ...oh and I forgot to tell you the spa is a waste of time...they are not trained /professional massage waste of time. Hope this helps!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Hard to fault this place really. Managed to play 2 courses in the short time we were there which were both superb. The caddies were great fun & very good at lining up the putts!
The hotel is like a Four Seasons & my room/suite was also very well appointed. We ate in one of the bars after the golf and had a very nice steak sandwich which was more than welcome after a week of various Chinese delicacies in town!
Dinner in the evening was relaxed and they have a pretty good wine list as you'd expect. Opted for a Figeac 2000 which was delicious although a bit overpriced.
The place is massive, and I mean massive. I got lost twice and it took me 15 minutes to find my room LOL.
Slept like a log and the room was very nice, shame I didn't have the time to enjoy it properly. Nevermind, next time I will ;-)
No complaints really.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
new delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is probably the best leisure place I have stayed in China and I have been there quite a few times. The rooms were really spacious , looking over the golf course and greenery. Bathrooms were nice and there was even a small balcony. Specially liked the old world British style hotel . The course were of real international quality, the pool was quite large and we did try our hands at other indoor sports. Only limitation was probably the food choice which was limited but tnone of us were there for the food. Quite a memorable and relaxed stay for a harried business traveller like me

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen? Share your experiences!