“Good location but not a good Front-Desk staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Starway Guangshen Hotel

You added Starway Guangshen Hotel to your Saves list
Starway Guangshen Hotel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   15F Guangshen Builsing, No.2023 Shennan East Road, Shenzhen 518002, China (Nantou)   |
Ranked #193 of 2,133 Hotels in Shenzhen
3.5 of 5 stars 100 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
“Good location but not a good Front-Desk staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I booked the hotel through Expedia, I paid extra for 3 beds but at the front desk I was asked to pay more, I had a little argue but eventually the problem solved as I showed a saved copy of the receipt from my laptop , it was not my problem, beside when she was convinced that I am right she did not even bother herself to say sorry.It was not a good well-coming at all. I did not take it serious cause I thought it may be a part of my culture-shock experience. Other than that the hotel's location is good and the staff from housekeeping department are friendly and helpful although they do not know English but they try to help. I got more help from them than front desk.
If you book online make sure to have a copy of your e-receipt with you.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed here just one night.
The hotel overall is OK but I decided there were better options and moved on.
I was told I would have to pay extra as I asked for non smoking room.
The room itself was quite large but carpet was dirty and had evidence of cigarette burns :-(.
The shower was quite small and I felt cramped.
If you can get a room that is in better condition it would be ok for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

My (Chinese) partner, who lives and works in another part of Shenzhen had looked at a few hotels in the Luo Hu district and decided this was the one for us. I was en route from Europe via Hong Kong to join her. Our criteria for hotels are simple: rooms that are unambiguously non-smoking and completely clean. Not too much to ask.

Three-star the Guang Shen is, but it was as good as, if not better than, many 4-star establishments of our acquaintance elsewhere. It is conveniently located close to the railway and metro stations and surrounded by shops and restaurants. The only downside - for my aching lower back - was the sheer solidity of the mattress. It felt like sleeping on a door. That is not a complaint, just an observation that others with sensitive backs might have a similar problem. Or maybe not.

Otherwise, everything was absolutely fine. Our cleaner, a gem of a lady, would change towels, etc., at any time of day - a feature unknown to me in hotels in Europe and America. Other staff were genuinely courteous and helpful at all times. We'll be back, bad back and all!

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Starway Guangshen Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Starway Guangshen Hotel

Address: 15F Guangshen Builsing, No.2023 Shennan East Road, Shenzhen 518002, China
Location: China > Guangdong > Shenzhen > Nantou
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service
#168 Best Value Hotel in Shenzhen
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Starway Guangshen Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Starway Guangshen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Guangshen Hotel Shenzhen

If you own or manage Starway Guangshen Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.