“Absolutely wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

You added L'Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
L'Hermitage Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.3031 Nanhai Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518052, China (Shenzhen High-tec Industrial Park)   |
Ranked #23 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Absolutely wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My 2 daughters and I just stayed at L'Hermitage and it really was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel is first class - large, well appointed room, very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, excellent buffet breakfast with a large variety of tasty food and best of all the staff are amazing. There is always an English speaker at reception and my special thanks goes to Yang who was outstanding. I need to follow a gluten free diet and he personally took me to the Chinese restaurant in the hotel, ordered my food and then checked the food as it came out to ensure that it was indeed gluten free. I have never experienced that level of service anywhere else in the world. I will always stay at this hotel when I visit Shenzhen in future.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for these nice words and compliments.
It was a real pleasure to meet you and your two lovely daughters!
We are more than happy you enjoyed staying with us and also to hear you liked the staff and service so much. We do our best to ensure that every Guest feels at L’Hermitage Hotel like at home.
The most important for us is that you would like to return to L’Hermitage Hotel when you visit Shenzhen in future
We will be more than happy to serve you again.

Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The rooms were very clean and well furnished. The food was great but most importantly, the customer service here was immaculate. They were always ready to attend to any request. Most times when I stay at a hotel, I get quite a bit of anxiety with the front office or restaurant staff with regards to requests but I did not feel a single tinge of that here and I think that accounts for something. I would stay here again in my future trips to Nanshan.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing L’Hermitage Hotel and for a such nice comment!
We are extremely happy to hear we ensured you a comfortable stay with us because the best quality of our services and satisfaction of our Guests are the most important values for us.
It was also great to hear about your willingness to return to L’Hermitage when you will be in Nanshan District next time. We will be more than happy to serve you again.

Guest Relations Manager
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

L'Hermitage is an excellent hotel, reasonably priced, with very modern, stylish, comfortable rooms and furniture.
The staff speak good English and are extremely helpful.
The location is good.
Breakfast buffet is, both,western and Chinese, and is very good.
The hotel has local restaurants and shops nearby, but is not within walking distance to a metro station.
Shuttles are available to relatively expensive western style shopping malls, but you have to use taxis if you want to shop in local markets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your opinion with the other tripadvisor website users.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the style of the hotel, the staff, breakfast buffet, location and also the price we offer.
We will do our best to keep the standards of our services to ensure the best accommodation and other facilities when you come to L’Hermitage Hotel next time.
We hope to see you soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Apart from a few niggling issues, this hotel was an absolute marvel in the centre of nanshan. Beautifully decorated and spotless. Staff were at hand at any moment and the breakfast and service was truly exceptional. Marta and Yeung (the malaysian fellow) as well the catering manager to name a few really made an effort to look after me and my colleague. We opted for the business suite which is a really good and spacious room, The furniture and fittings are of the highest quality and a good view from the panoramic window that curved all the way across the room as well as some good features like automatic close curtains and blinds in both the living quarters and the bathroom. The lounge area and work desk was split up very nicely. Really had a good nights sleep, really comfortable beds and they had a 'pillow menu'. for types of pillows. Really enjoyed the complimentary moon cake too! (we went around the moon festival period). Marta and Mr Yeung really made us feel at ease and spoke to them regarding any requests we had almost on a daily basis, never any trouble to make us feel at home. The catering manager made fresh muffins just for us on a few mornings because we loved them so much and other catering requests were met, again without any trouble at all. The gym attendant was at hand for towels and water as well as preparing the sauna for us. Small gym with a few machines and weights, again, the service, furniture etc in these areas were really good. Because we were on business and coming back late, we didn't eat at the restaurant itself but we did try a snack of fish fillets and wedges, again, beautifully presented and the fish and wedges were delightful. These guys have really given some serious thought about the rooms, deco, cleanliness, service and food and all for a very very reasonable price too. Its a little awkward to get to for taxis, maybe better signage leading up to the hotel might help. Now the few niggling issues we experienced were more or less sorted out but i dont want to take anything away from this hotel as honestly they made a sincere effort to resolve the issues and for the price of £100 per night for a business suite of this caliber, could easily pass for nearly £250 a night or more IF and IF the hotel was say in Futian. A short walk and you have pharmacies, Pizza Hut KFC and across the rd near the financial skyscrapers are some good places to eat as well as a supermarket. The area itself is very clean and you know its in a better area of shenzhen. Overall recommend this hotel to everyone as its located centrally from the airport in shenzhen, and longang (HK Border), I would definitely opt for this hotel if i was visiting again.

Room Tip: Business suite with Breakfast. higher floor, facing the front of the building. Building work going o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us at L’Hermitage Hotel and for creating such a nice and detailed review.
It was great to read so positive feedback!
We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with hotel’s decorations, service, breakfast buffet food selection, as well as the room and gym.
Also, we are glad to read you were pleased with our friendly and attentive staff.
L’Hermitage Hotel has great crew of people here and love hearing it when the Guests are satisfied with our service.
Thank you for sharing the idea with us about signage leading up to the hotel. We will take it into consideration.
Our staff appreciate a lot your wonderful comment but the most important for us is your willingness to return to L’Hermitage Hotel when you come to Shenzhen next time.
Then we will do our best to ensure you another great stay with us!

George Town, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This a such a great hotel,good location, great buffet with a touch of local fusion cuisine,nice people,value for money,right in the middle of Nanshan district. My next upcoming stay in Shenzhen,L'Hermitage would be my first choice.Most of the staff in front desk speaks good English and to ensure smooth communication for the foreigner guests the management hired staff from Poland,Spain,Malaysia,Serbia and Japan what an international hotel ! Its very different from any other local hotel in China.Modern design with a touch of Eurasian arts and architecture.Go there you will love it...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

These are extremely nice words! Thank you for staying with us and also for sharing your opinion with the other tripadvisor website users. It was great to read your review and such a positive feedback.
We appreciate your wonderful comments, especially your willingness to return next time you are in Shenzhen. When you come back to L’Hermitage Hotel, we will do our best to ensure you another great stay here.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently stayed 5 nights for business and was thoroughly impressed by the hotel. I picked the hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews and it did not disappoint.

The service was excellent, the room was very spacious and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fabulous with double sinks, rain shower and large bathtub (but I was surprised there wasn't a bidet). My only complaint was the AC. My room temp was difficult to control and was quite damp all the time. Oh yeah, there was also a dead cockroach in my hallway which was surprising considering how clean the room was kept (but that's pretty normal for all levels of hotel in Asia).

Although the gym was small, the equipment was very good and well maintained and I never had an issue getting time on the treadmill during my 3 visits. There is also a full-time attendant to get you water or a towel when needed.

My room included breakfast in the main restaurant. The staff was very kind and service was always with a smile. The breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel in China with both western and asian cuisine and the coffee was a life saver.

The business center was also convenient as I asked them to check my flights and they were very helpful in dealing with my airline to reschedule my itinerary.

The neighborhood is not the most exciting but other areas are a reasonably quick cab/metro ride away (eg Coco Park is 30 minutes by metro). However, the hotel is more than a 10 minute walk to the metro. My short little legs needed 20 minutes to get there, albeit at a slow pace to avoid sweating my butt off. It's also a little sketchy walking under the road interchange with other bikes, cars and pedestrians but it all seems to work ok. I felt totally safe walking back to the hotel alone at night. As mentioned by other reviewers, taxi drivers have a hard time finding the hotel. I had to direct every driver how to navigate the area (lots of pointing and hand gestures).

I will definitely consider staying here next time I am in Shenzhen.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and away from the highway (North and West sides).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jie c, Guest Relations Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us, at L’Hermitage Hotel.
We appreciate your wonderful comments, especially your willingness to return here when you will be in Shenzhen next time.
It is great to hear you had a wonderful stay, and that you liked our staff, service, breakfast and also the room with well equipped bathroom.
Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you described in your review. We will do our best to eliminate all the problems you mentioned to make you feel like at home next time you visit us.
Warmest Greetings!

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have been visiting Shenzhen for many years staying at all the usual hotels which are all slowly declining in their standards and value for money. This hotel has been open for only one year and they work hard to make your stay enjoyable and stress free
Staff are well trained and attentive rooms are large and well appointed bar is a relaxed environment and restaurant offers a good selection at breakfast which is well presented and served

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your memorable experience with others.We are happy to hear that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your time in the hotel.We will strive hard to maintain our hotel standards yet keep on improving.We will ensure another great stay and looking forward to serve you better near the future.

Warmest Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Been to L'Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!