“Shangri la but out-dated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen

You added Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen to your Saves list
Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1002 Jianshe Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen 518001, China (Luohu Port)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay More and Earn More
Ranked #37 of 2,132 Hotels in Shenzhen
“Shangri la but out-dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Yes it is a Shangri La hotel but to be honest, it needs an update very very soon. The lobby is ok but the rooms are very small and out-dated. Taking a shower in the bath!! Its not the style i expect from the Shangri la as an golden circle member.

The staff is quite invisible, a 5 star hotel should pay some attention at their guests.

The location near the train station is great, very convenient.

The restaurant on the 32 floor is good, nice service, nice food, great view.

In general, nice hotel for 1 night if I have to stay longer in Shenzhen I think I will look for another hotel.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Living in Hong Kong, I frequent Shenzhen on many shopping trips to obtain materials for hat making. This hotel is very reasonable, I always stay on the Horizon Club floors, very attentive staff. Lounge is a good place to relax and also areas to work. Rooms are a good size, clean and modern. Bed is big and very comfy. Hotel is across the road from the well-known Commercial shopping centre and also across from the Shenzhen railway station where you can take the fast train to Guangzhou. I never look past this hotel if I need a place to stay in Shenzhen. Well worth the stay.

Room Tip: Wifi is free in the lobby and the Horizon club.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
George B, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Brenda T,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen as your residence and recommending our area, to be a worthy choice for shopping trips. We are so glad to hear that you liked our comfortable room and facilities, attentive staff as well as the convenient location. We are looking forward to serving you again with our genuine Shangri-La hospitality on your next trip.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in the shangri-la hotel for 8 days in shenzhen . The room was so clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was very enjoy my life for these days . Of course , all the staff were very polite and friendly for me , and they could speak english very well . Expecially, James was good to drink cocktail in the lobby bar. I was very glad to meet him . Although the hotel was not the best beautiful in the shenzhen ,I thought the service was the excellent .very good time in the shangri-la shenzhen for these days .I will choose to stay shangri-la hotel next time .

Dear guo y,

Thanks so much for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen and sharing your enjoyable experience with us. Your recognition with regard to our comfortable room and attentive staff, who delivered high standards service during your stay, is highly appreciated. We will continually strive to provide better services and products and its our great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night after driving from Shantou.
The room was clean, the bed very comfortable. We had a good dinner at the restaurant and breakfast at the cafe the next morning. Internet connection in the room was excellent. Our tariff covered the room and breakfast, quite reasonable price considering the handy location.
The only issue we have is access to the car park, which is not easy to find if you're not a local. Also one has to walk some stairs from the car park to the hotel, there is no direct elevator access which is not very user friendly. I understand the hotel has been built a while back but I wonder if the access to the car park can be improved.
On the other hand, if one isn't driving, the location of the hotel is great, close to the railway station and shops.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Betty A,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen as your residence in Shenzhen. We are thrilled to learn that you were satisfied with our comfortable room, excellent WIFI access, delicious food and the superb location. Your recognition is highly appreciated while the parking issue you mentioned is also well noted. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

8 years ago, that was my first time ever in one of the Shangri la hotels. that was in Shenzhen, China. At that time the hotel was on renovation. The rooms was OK, the entrance was poor.... but as i wrote ...the hotel was on renovation. so the past years i stayed in other hotels in Shenzhen.
they finished the renovation already (6 years ago, i think) now the rooms are excellent !! the lobby is WOW !!! & the service ... is Shangri la .... no need to say more !!! The breakfast is one of the best, they have nice pub, the lobby lounge is luxurious but homey.
The hotel is close to Louho train station.... it's not just trains !! it's also one of the biggest shopping mall for replicas. The only they need to improve is the swimming pool !! they need to add indoor !!

Dear Ran S,

Thank you so much for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen again and taking time to leave your valuable feedback on our hotel page. We are thrilled to learn that our room, selection of food, hospitable services and the convenient location have impressed you during your stay. It is our great pleasure to welcome you back and experience Shangri-La hospitality soon.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well I don't know what it is, but there is something not quite what I expected from the Shangri-La brand with this hotel.

Maybe it's just the age is showing, but there was no wow factor.

Still it's a very nice hotel and the corporate rate I enjoyed at a very reasonable price.

The 2 front desk staff I had at check in and check out had above average English skills (for China) and I saw one of them handling a difficult customer well.

The room and king bed was was quiet and comfortable with an assortment of pillows and I have to say that in this case I did have a no smoking room and there was no smell of smoke. Actually even on the non smoking floor there was no ashtray near the lift which was great that there was no smoke smell even after getting out of the lift.
But the floor did seem rather empty, so maybe I just got lucky as I see other reviews complaining of the smoke.

I didn't try the food so cannot comment about that, other than the restaurant did look inviting and I would like to try that if I go back.

As per the other reviews, the location is ideal if you want to be next to Metro and the Lo Wu shopping centre (but I'm not sure what the attraction is there for people, that is one shocking shopping centre).

Overall, somewhat disappointed as I expected more, but I can't put a finger on what is missing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
George B, General Manager at Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear OzMarkSydney,

Thanks so much for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen as your residence and leaving your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your recognition on our comfortable rooms and convenient location. We also notice that you were somewhat dissatisfied with the experience. Rest assured these comments will be relayed welcomed to our colleagues.

Looking forward to fulfilling your expectation, and delighting you with our warm Shangri-La hospitality on your next trip.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was very enjoyable stay at Shangri La Hotel. We have stayed at Horizon Club Room for 8 days. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed having access to breakfast, hi-tea and cocktail / happy hour at Horizon Club Lounge. The food was very delicious!

However there was a downside experienced in this hotel. We stayed in the non smoking room and yet we could smell smoke and you could tell there was someone smoking in the room before and it was not very pleasant to sleep at night because of the dry air from the smoke. We also had a bad experience with other fellows in other guestrooms as they were smoking and we had several times brought this to the attention of the staff but there was no action taken. Otherwise 5 stars would have been given.

Overall, it was still a great stay!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen and sharing your enjoyable experience with us. Your kind comments on our friendly staff and delicious food are highly appreciated. We are glad to share with you that several necessary actions have been taken to deal with the issue of smoking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

George Baird

Been to Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen? Share your experiences!