“Smack bang in the middle of Shenzhen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen

You added Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen to your Saves list
Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1002 Jianshe Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen 518001, China (Luohu Port)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Rest & Respite Package
Ranked #33 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tokyo, Japan
“Smack bang in the middle of Shenzhen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed at the Shangri-la for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay there. An affordable, good, spacious and clean room perfect for exploring and getting around. This is right next to the train station coming in from Hong Kong, and so you can find the hotel very quickly.

We had complimentary access to the top floor tea room, with food and beverages available for free at any time. Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very enjoyable stay, Every member of the staff went out of their way to provide first class, friendly courteous service.
The rooms were spacious well equipped and spotless.
One of the best hotels I have stayed in.
Location is directly opposite LoWu shopping mall, makings shopping a breeze.
Highly reccomended.

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on three visits to Shenzhen. Excellent people and great service. Friendly waitstaff and good food in each restaurant. Good breakfast buffet with much variety and great service for lunch in the Lobby Lounge especially from staff members Ada, Mike, Lexi and Alice their service leader. I will definitely stay at this Shangi La Hotel for each future visit to Shenzhen.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Shangrila with 4 friends. We had 2 suites and had access to the HOrizon floor - this was amazing. We had stayed here a couple of times before and we go to Shenzhen for shopping. We had a most wonderful memorable and fabulous stay at the hotel. The staff on the Horizon floor cannot be faulted - they were absolutely wonderful. They remembered our names, knew what we liked, welcomed us so warmly every time we walked in to the lounge and helped with any queries or questions we had. Huge thank you's to Denny, Cherry, Lonita, Arthur and Sam. They certainly made our stay! We would definitely recommend the hotel and Shenzhen is great fun for a few days shopping.

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous - roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked 4 nites at the Shangri La Hotel... Having just spent 3 weeks in China, I wondered if I had done the right thing having been to Shenzhen many times for shopping only trips. Well I was wrong!!!

Robert ( with that cheeky grin!!!) greeted me at my taxi and escorted me to the front desk...Provence at front desk suggested I upgrade to The Horizon Club which I did and from then on I had a delightful stay and got to see a different side of Shenzhen apart from just the Commercial Centre!!!

I was given a full city view club room on the 28th top floor after asking for a better room with a view. Lisa & Cherry in the Horizon Club made sure I was happy & comfortable...

The service of the Team in The Horizon lounge was impeccable and everyone inc Lisa, Cherry, Judy, Arthur, Sally and Sam were so friendly, caring and attentive to every need ...their English was good and unlike many Hotel Staff they were fun, enjoying a conversation and a joke! Tell them Sue says hi!!

The food was fabulous.. huge selection, first class quality and both Eastern & Western choices- My compliments to the Chefs.

I admit the Hotel decor needs an upgrade- I actually didn't use any of the restaurants or bars in the Lobby or the top restaurant. I was enjoying myself too much to worry about decor... I did swim in the pool and it was large, extremely clean and set in a tropical environ.

I look forward to returning to this Hotel -I can understand why a couple I met were staying for 2 weeks there as they loved it too...like a home away from home!

Go for a wander away from the train station & hotel...Shenzhen actually has some interesting things happening inc Dafen Artists Area and the Beaches, etc

Just a note: I encountered approx 2 touts outside the Hotel- no more than that- say a firm NO, ignore them and just keep walking -they will soon lose interest!!

• Stayed June 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Shenzhen at the shangrila after a stint in Macau.
After average service in Macau it was a great feeling to step out of our taxi and be greeted with such friendly staff.We frequently travel and have experienced many different types of hotels
This Shangri La felt far more homey than the others we stayed at.The staff all seemed very happy and genuinely warm people.
We spent time in the horizon lounge with exceptional service given by Cherry and her staff.
Nothing was to much trouble
Our room was standard Shangri La style very comfortable as we had a suite due to having 2 children with us
Finally thank you to William and Jason for helping accompany me to the local hospital with my son who had been unwell prior to arriving in China
Jason was an absolute gentleman
Great staff and great hotel
No need to venture elsewhere
He was amazing and helped translate all sorts of areas in the hospital

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went for a shopping holiday in Shenzhen. We had a pleasant stay at Shangrila. The service was okay, lacking personal touch maybe it's a chain hotel. But the rooms are of decent size and clean. The highlight is the location, within easy walking to the big Luohu Center.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Shangri-la Hotel Shenzhen? Share your experiences!